Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

After trying to launch starbound there should be a file in your storage folder called starbound.log.1, open it with notepad and somewhere near the bottom part it should say what is causing the failure to launch. Potentially missing the dependency of a mod.

It says this near the end, its my guess on what could be causing it
" [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (StarException) Asset source ‘betterupgrades10’ is missing dependency ‘betterupgrades7’ "

Edit: Cleaned out all my mods (sadly) everything works now. Sorry for spamming the thread

If you find the NPCs are just standing far away and the gun shots won’t reach you here is an updated version where I made them use a different projectile from the player gun which travels faster and farther.

Also I made the zip file so there won’t be an extra folder layer this time.

Edit: Please remove the old BF NPC Gun mod folder entirely before using this.
It will work fine with the Big Fatties mod since it makes a newly named projectile for the npc gun to fire.

2 Likes

Is the new one to be used with the old file? Or should the old file be removed first? Or does it not matter and they both play nice with each other?

Edit: I mean for the npc gun files

Edit 2: Saw the answer was posted via edit in the post above. Thank you for the quick reply.

Will you add the lardshake gun as well? So far I have only seen the chocolate guns in action. I noticed the armed moontants in the Erchius Mining Facility use the gun as well though, which is nice.

Gimme a bit I’ll see if I can whip that up real quick

1 Like

Version that adds both chocolate and normal milkshake guns to NPC weapon pools

As before please delete the old NPC weapon mod folders before trying to run the game with this.

1 Like

Changed it so it adds the guns to NPC weapon pools rather than replacing their original weapons entirely, and made them do a little damage, let me know if the DPS of their guns needs tweaks.

As always please delete the old NPC weapon mod folders before trying to run the game with this.

Edit: I messed up when adding a dps value to the gun, it has now been fixed on this download link.

1 Like

Does the damage value scale based on planet tier out of curiosity?

I am unsure, I will look into how damage scaling based on planet tier works.

Edit: I think the base dps I added should be effected by the default multipliers for higher tier planets.

I added a Lard Launcher, it will shoot a spray of projectiles that create liquid lard when they hit the ground, it will pool together and turn water it touches into more of itself, so watch your step! Enemies will spawn with this weapon and you can buy it from a new craftable shop. Let me know what you guys think!

This includes the previous additions of the milkshake guns that do damage to npc weapon pools, so please delete that before using this.

Edit: Fixed tooltip call and properly added the modfatties recipe to the player’s crafting list.

6 Likes

Any plans for more stuff to fatten the characters, maybe traps or enemies so it’s something more present in the game without having to make crafting stations for everything?

1 Like

Great work, love the addition of more fattening weapons!

I get an exception when I try to hover over the lard gun. Other than that it works fine.

This has been patched as of just now, please redownload from the same link to fix it.

3 Likes

Ah ok then. Thanks man.

I have one question, do all NPCs have a random chance of getting the milkshake guns and launcher or do specific NPCs always get the guns? Because so far every Miniknog guard and the Floran guards that stand in the towers in the artifact mission have them and all cultists seem to wield another weapon until they notice you, in which case they just switch to the milkshake guns.

Those NPCs only have one or two ranged weapon types by default so with the added milkshake guns and lard launcher their weapon pools have a high chance to have those instead. As for the cultist those are most likely the archer cultists who prioritize ranged combat over using their melee weapons.

Also new version with an added enemy the lardgolem that will spawn in most common surface biomes.

Let me know if any balance needs tweaking or other suggestions.

4 Likes

After adding your minimod I’ve noticed a problem where sometimes a planet will crash on me, or only some “chunks of it”. After walking past a certain point of one of the latter I’ll get booted off the planet.
Not sure if it’s a mod conflict or not since the only other mod I have (besides these) is the Zaku mech mod.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=944986907

Currently investigating this issue, I’ll keep you posted.
Edit: also its not conflict with another mod, I’m just bad at this XD

1 Like