Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

You can get Esther’s quests without Esther though, however in this case you need to be in debug mode, and use the commands /startquest and /completequest (in case there’s some quest you need to talk with Esther to complete, like the Getting Started quest for example).

To get the quest you want you need to input quest IDs, they can be found in the pages for the quests in the official Starbound wiki at the end of the pages. For /completequest you need the quest active (I think) and just input its ID in, but for /startquest you need to input the id surrounded by both single and double quotes.
For example, let’s say you want to start the “Getting Started” quest. Its ID is “gaterepair” if I recall correctly. To start it you need to type in (with debug mode active) /startquest ‘“gaterepair”’. The way I use it is with the single quote coming first before the ID and coming last after the ID. I don’t know if it works if you input it another way but you could always try. Also, if you input the wrong ID the game will crash, so be careful.

1 Like

I’d rather not harangue the OP for the discord again, but do we know what the hell just happened?

If you are referring to the posts in the other thread about a griefer, this thread is not related to that server itself and there has been no mention of anything in the discord.

I’m having a problem where the Esther won’t even appear, along with the other main NPCs…is there a reason this is happening?

Tobias’ addon for the glutton badge had this issue in its earlier version. If you’re intent on using it with my mod, it’s best to get the updated version.

Thanks for the quick reply my friend! :smiley:

poggie time
211820_screenshots_20190721144540_1

Hiyo! Introduced myself in the 24/7 server topic already, but just dropping a preview image of something I’m working on. Due to the Lucario sprites being quite complex to replicate and adjust, along with the fact that I’m an amateur sprite artist, this may take a while to finish, perhaps a week or even longer. Gonna post further updates in the Mod Fatties topic most likely, but just posting a heads up here. Of course, criticism/advice on the spritework is also extremely welcome too!

3 Likes

Heya! Just wanted to pop in and show my appreciation for this mod! :grin:
20190722121626_1
Starbound was already one of my favorite games, and ya somehow managed to make it even better. I just can’t believe how amazing it is that you figured out how to implement an active weight gain system to the game. It’s really cool, and really well done! As I said, just wanted to show my appreciation of the mod. Keep up the outstanding work! :smiley:

4 Likes

Cool to hear that you’re enjoying the mod just as much as the rest of us are! It definitely does add an extra layer of fun to the game that only grows (ha) with each update!

On another note, I know I just posted in this topic that I would post future updates in the Mod Fatties topic…but I lied :3 – for now at least.

I’ll cut to the point and just say that I put the Lucario project on hold and instead moved to a different, newer edgy dog on the block.
Untitled

I’ll likely come back to doing the Lucario, but I feel far more confident in doing sprite-work for these rock dogs instead and since it sounds like someone else may potentially be doing work on the Lucario race as well - emphasis on may - I’d rather do both an easier race and one that is likely not being worked on at the moment. It’ll still have its problems much like the prior project but I’ll try my best. o7

Also, for those who haven’t actually seen this particular mod yet: Steam Workshop::Lycanroc Race

1 Like

Will they do a Skuntank race next?

As far as I know, these pokemon races typically spring up randomly from different mod authors so I certainly couldn’t tell you whether or not anybody plans to make a mod for Skunktank – frankly, I wasn’t expecting the Lycanroc one myself, but…there it is~.

Sorry if this is covered already, but will there be added dialogue for NPCs who have gained weight, or for comments on weight you’ve put on?

Also, any way to turn up the amount of belly noises? Like say something that makes your belly louder the higher up in weight you are?

1 Like

What is needed in order to make fat versions of clothing? I’m looking to have versions done of a couple clothing sets from these mods:

Anyone willing to point me in the right direction at lease?

1 Like

GIMP should probably work, but there might be other things out there.

I’ve got GIMP :open_mouth:
Though zero art skill. I am realizing now that this may be far too monumental for someone with as little experience as I. ^^;
Of course, I am not adverse to… commissioning someone for it >.>

1 Like

About the dialogue: If you noticed the white text lines below an NPC’s name, these texts have some generic fatty lines that already show up from time to time. Here are some I picked up over a few minutes from my ship’s crew:
Crew%20statuses
There are a few more lines, but that’s all there is, currently. Manually interacting with an NPC has no new lines, currently.

About the belly noises: It is possible to increase the frequency, but that is buried in script files, which can only be replaced, not altered. If you would like, I could change the gurgle frequency to be configurable.

2 Likes

Oh, I’m not far enough in for like, crew yet.:x

And yeah that would be neat, the ability to add way more belly noises would be much appreciated thanks.:smiley:

I’m not sure if someone is interested in making a Skuntank race for Starbound, but that would be cool to do.

1 Like

Hey, uh, didn’t the outpost Floran and Hylotl have bigger boobs before? They seem to be back to default.

If the rapid uptick in people modding has shown anything, it’s that there’s no lack of enthusiasm (or ability) in terms of people outside the core modders converting more races, sprite wise. Most of them don’t interest me but I think animations for say, goo fats would be fun and very entertaining if done well.
Things are a little harder on the boring mechanical side of things, though not having to manually switch between clothing sets via weight scales is something I’m happy for. I hope that those with the time/skills to direct in the harder task of making changes in weight more seamless and ‘natural’ in feel continue to do so and aren’t distracted by person x’s request for species y.

Would y’all also be interested in starting a thread dedicated to species discussion and modding? You could run some polls to see what folks are interested in and help each other with that more easily. And maybe then, Starbound as a whole can have its own subforum to drive discussion & prevent people getting confused between mod projects.

I think the next things on my (idealistic) wish-list would be;

• A glutton-esque badge with stuffing sprites independent of weight (linked to consequences for overstuffing?)
  • A little more granularity in sizes and body shape (I feel like it lacks a ‘starter belly’ stage, visually and could use more intermediates to make it feel less like large steps and more like a curve)
  • Modularity or some system to help regulate the intersection between the ‘vanilla’ Mod Fatties experience and that of add-on mods (eg; I like the idea of some enemies having fattening effects, but would rather have the power to control that as a user - I find the guns more jarring/less balanced than say, an alien that fattens up their prey)

All three of these are long-term sorts of requests and are certainly harder to do than sprite edits, but I also think they’d add a lot for the required time investment. My other worry is that sprite changes will outpace work on animation of said sprites and that the more extra races devs worry about, the harder it would be to improve or add to the system as it stands.

Additional changes to hunger & weight maintenance (larger sizes should be harder to keep up with and demand more food, perhaps?) and extra deets like dialogue/items might also help but that’s long-term polishing that can and should take a backseat. It’s already come a long way and there’s not much the Starbound scene needs to do to go from good to truly great.

2 Likes