Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

Ah, I’m not versed enough in TF2 to have been aware, and with others; If the term is from a separate community that not everyone is a part of, then it might as well be something you made up(especially when using it in a community completely different from the one the term is from). XD

I know, It’s just a habit. I’ve been in the tf2 community for around three years, so it’s kinda just an instinctive nature to use the terms associated.

M2 (mouse 2) is used…everywhere, not just TF2. I’m quite surprised you’ve not seen it, since most RPGs and such use M1, M2, M3, and the like. If not, they use ‘Right Mouse’, ‘Mouse 1’, and the like. Extremely common. I think it’s in Starbound’s controls, too? Can’t recall at the moment.

It’s like how R1, R2, and R3 are used on controllers.

3 Likes

Is there ever gonna be an update where you can eat enemies?

Already is, if you bring up the big fatties menu and click the red square in the bottom right you can access the vore section

:woman_shrugging:t2: Well, I guess I just don’t expect to see that in forums.

I thought you can only nom NPCs

Nope, you can eat enemies, just not monsters or other creatures, only humanoids.

Not for longgg~

7 Likes

Calculated gravity/mass isn’t changed by your size. I tried adding in extra mass at one point, but it leads to some janky interaction when moving (mass makes you keep momentum, so you slide all over the place).

As for grappling hooks, there’s no real way to balance it at the moment for all sizes. Either it’s too fast for normal/lower sizes or too slow for higher tiers. From what I can tell run speed affects your ability to use the grapple, so I’ll have to try make a work around at some point.

2 Likes

so? will eventually I’ll be able to eat non NPCs? stuff like world monsters that spawn all the time?

Maybe, maybe not; unlike NPCs, monsters don’t have a ‘base’ type that I can edit and have the changes systemically affect everything (i.e. rather than just 1 patch file, I’d have to make a patch file for every single monster type in the game. Currently just works on critters, but just critters alone required me to make 131 uniquely named patch files and folders.).

tl;dr I’d rather spend time elsewhere, but I may get back around to adding compatibility for monsters eventually.

would it be possible to make it a type of special attack? so if an enemy as x or lower hp it kills them but also feeds the player. so you don’t actually eat them but we can pretend

Requires the same amount of work; monster drops/death/etc are all handled on the monster script. Still means I have to patch every single monster type.

damn, well I hope you finish it one day :3

Considering that there’s plenty of Humanoid NPC’s in the game - especially in space - there’s still plenty you can eat.

Aye, we aren’t exactly lacking for prey, especially if you pursue the bounties.

Well, I ended up fixing weight so that internally by the game, it actually counts as weight, rather than just a run speed penalty. Means that the grappling hook eventually isn’t able to pull you up, but in it’s place, I added a new slower, stronger grapple.

It also means that things like weapon abilities are affected by weight, so it should be far more consistent across the game now.

14 Likes

Here’s arguably a better example of the new weight mechanics.

11 Likes

That looks immensely lovely! Would definitely make zero-G more immersive and challenging at higher weights.