Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

Okay I don’t know why that post that’s almost two years old is getting referenced by multiple people suddenly. And I don’t know how else to say things that are incredibly old with a mod that’s been constantly updated over three years now is bound to have radical changes that makes things outdated and incompatible. Plus the post you’re referring to says it’s been added to the main mod.

1 Like

do mootants spawn anywhere else besides the mine mission?

That being said is there a way i could make them spawn in the actual world?

holy shit, it’s been 3 years? it just seems like i’ve gotten into this stuff 8 months ago. damn.

Hey there’s a glitch with the vore part of the mod that happens once in a while where upon eating an npc they instantly die even with the normal digestion rate or lower

nope, only inside the facility, you could spawn them in manually if you find the NPCs ID though

I think it might be because the old mod was in a folder rather than a PAK file, meaning you can see, add, remove, or modify certain items, effects, etc. . I understand that the PAK takes far less time to load, but it would be nice to see the internal items and workings of the mod again

That sounds like it has nothing to do with what I was referring to. Also despite taking less time to load, that’s not why it’s been turned into a pak. The mod was turned into a pak to try and lower the amount of failed installations people had with the mod.
If you’re so adamant about going through the files for every single thing though, you can just unpack it yourself. It’s not difficult. And it shouldn’t be hard to look up either if you’re that curious in the first place.

1 Like

Oh ok, I just thought it was for that reason since I had not heard all that much about why they wanted the older version. I just thought that since not being able to see object IDs or modify any files with custom sprites would be reason enough for some people to go to the older file-based version. As for unpacking PAK files, I shied away from it because from what I have seen, you either have to download a super sketchy program or go through an extremely tedious process to unpack it. Will look more into it to see if there is a better option.

I wasn’t talking about an old version of my mod, I was referring to an addon someone posted here long ago and was added into the mod later on. Three mentions of it within a week comes off as not a coincidence.
And on unpacking, it’s not tedious at all. In fact it’s very simple and quick. Tutorial - How to successfully pack and unpack .pak files | Chucklefish Forums

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification and the help!

i cant get the mod to work

Just wanted to post a few “modded” items that I made here for other people’s enjoyment. These are modified versions of existing items that have been given special properties and custom descriptions. I have not been able to mod things like food or traps (though I desperately want to) nor can I tamper with color or other cosmetic things as I am still trying to get the hang of things, so at the moment here are some weapons and armor…enjoy! Also, let me know if you have any modified items as well, could potentially lead to a custom item frenzy and maybe even it’s own subtopic.

Crown of Fattening: When worn in the cosmetic slot it does nothing, but when it is worn in the armor slot… well the name says it all
Spawn Command: /spawnitem aviantier1head 1 ‘{“shortdescription” : “Crown of Fattening” , “description” : “An odd crown that fattens its wearer. Equip at your own risk…” , “statusEffects” : [“forcefed”]}’

Fat Ray 2.0: Fattens up anyone caught in its beam slightly faster than the normal Fat Ray while also slowing them down
Spawn Command: /spawnitem fatray 1 ‘{“shortdescription” : “Fat Ray 2.0” , “description” : “A modified Fat Ray that fattens enemies faster and makes escape much harder.” , “statusEffects” : [“forcefed” , “engorged” , “buffet” , “buffethuge” , “fatray”]}’

Edit: Also had a few ideas that included but aren’t limited to

• A flamethrower that fattens people instead of buring them (Shoots fattening gas instead of flaming gasoline)
  • Gas and beam traps being modified to have fattening variants
  • Unique foods (Ex: A soda that has been spiked to have a ridiculously high amount of food value)
  • Maybe turn some of the unused assets into items?
  • Things using the other BF sub mods (A chest that spawns slimes when you open it, throwable coconuts, etc.)

Would love to see what you come up with!

3 Likes

Gonna need a lot more info than that.

i mean… fatray is already pretty op which is why its so expensive too to buy. You try and not get obese fighting 3 enemies welding fatrays.

1 Like

Well these are just experimental, just making some new stuff to mess around with without having to worry about balancing (since you know…admin) and really to test what is and isn’t within my “modding” capabilities. I figured that since the stuff could be copy pasted easily, without file alterations or installation, and the content drought the BF mod + submods are experiencing, I thought that I might as well publish them to see if they inspired future ideas or reignited some lost interest.

that is true and it seems that it’s not that hard to mod off of big fatties since some additional addons exist that add things with fattening abilities like lardgolems and jelly slimes exist, And the ever popular Granular WG addon.

I was wondering if anyone could help with what races work with big fatties that also spawn their own civilizations across the universe similar to the Avali race. I know there are plenty of compatible races that have been added to big fatties but which ones add villages and npcs?

I believe the vast majority of them do, the only exceptions I recall from memory are the Pokemon ones (Lucario, Lycanroc, etc), the Dark Latex race, and the slime one. There are probably a whole lot more but those are just the ones that I recall

Is there a water-like object calles lard?i saw it on a starbound stream and i still dont know how/where do i obtain it

Or is it another addon to the mods?