Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

This has been discussed already.
Just scroll up through the comments for a link not part of the main mod. If you want to know why it’s not part of the front page, I never got enough feedback on it in the first place to warrant putting it up in the dropbox link.

Wonderfully detailed mod, very fortunate to have such a talented modder for this fetish.
Good luck in your future endeavors!

i saw a person eating these little blobs in starbound how o i get them

nevermind i found it

im not sure if this has been asked before, as i cant read through all 2000 replies, but is there a limit to how fat an npc will make themselves on a feeding tube or can they go all the way to immobile?

generally I find they go until mid to high level blob before getting off, so they can technically still move.

Really? 'Cause all my NPC’s stay on the feeding tubes 'till they can’t move.

4 Likes

Dumb question, why does Erchius fuel make me fat?

Or what made you decide to make it that way?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s because the Erchius boss can make you fat so it just made sense for the fuel to make you fat to

1 Like

Everything Erchius is pretty much part of a mysterious eldritch origin. Between it making the first mission in the game the most sensible to make a fattening delve. And the need to gather the fattening fuel while a fattening ghost chases you down. It just plays out well for gameplay too.

3 Likes

any plans to add more prop items to the mod (fancier versions of lard tanks, more posters, etc)?

2 Likes

Maybe some more fattened victims besides just the apex and floran? Perhaps one being suspended from the ceiling or tied to a bed? Just something else besides the basic two would be nice along with more props.

4 Likes

Mod fatties has some props that I definitely like but I won’t download it as it also does a lot of other things mostly with the enemy npc weapon pool that ruins the game for me.

3 Likes

I must say that it does make the game sort of fat centered. But for me thats not a bad thing. I love the inclusion this mod is starting to have with the normal gameplay and lore. I am looking forward for more of this for sure.

Since not long after I started playing, I’ve wanted to make either a building or a space station centered around summoning and fattening up tenants. I want to design it in such a way that implies that the tenants are being held and fattened against their will. Unfortunately, I’m not sure how to go about this in a way that won’t result in a lot of trial and error, wasting time and resources. Should I build a space station or something planetside? How do I prevent NPCs from leaving their rooms and wandering around? How thick should the walls and floors be so that no one gets stuck in the geometry?

2 Likes

1: If you want to build you can just put yourself in admin mode and just /spawnitem whatever you need.
2: I believe a space station would be much more interesting
3: If you wire the doors to a button somewhere else, the NPCs will be unable to open the door themselves
4: I don’t know exactly, wall/floor thickness is up to you

I already have the Spawnable Item Pack mod installed, so running out of resources isn’t an issue. Besides, asteroid belts are bursting at the seams with the copper, silver, and gold used to make space stations.

A space station might indeed be more interesting, but since building one requires installing preset modules that can’t be deleted, it’s easy to end up with something that I won’t be happy with in the long run. Furthermore, I’d need to plan around how to design the station to keep tenants from leaving their rooms.

I understand that I can wire doors to switches that NPCs can’t access, but that presents its own problem. It’s one thing if I design rooms that can’t be exited or entered, I still want to be able to enter the tenant’s rooms myself to check on them and collect rent. Hiding a switch in an NPC-inaccessible spot won’t prevent them from walking through the door after I open it.

When fattening up random NPCs in settlements and space stations, I’ve seen quite a few of the get stuck in walls and floors or get pushed outside of the current room, especially in space stations and Hylotl underwater cities. If this happens with an immobile NPC, then there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to get them back into their room.

2 Likes

Is their any compatibility issues I should know about going into this Im new to the game and am curious with mods and what not

1. If you go up far enough above the planet surface, there is actually an asteroid biome that looks like space. Besides those pesky flying frost clouds it looks exactly like space (you can just use /disablespawning, have some guards, or set up some defenses to deal with them)
  2. I am not 100% sure if there is a full proof method to make sure the npcs don’t get out other than maybe a timed door button on the door itself (automatically closes a short time after closing via wiring so you can’t open it without pressing the button)
  3. You can briefly vore them before spitting them back out so you can get them unstuck

None that I know of. So long as you install the mod correctly, and your Starbound version is the 1.4 one, you should be more than fine!