Suggestions to Expand the Mod (Potential Additions and Add-ons)

Your stuff worked for me before when i manually changed the script in the mod itself. Have you tried setting your patch to have a low priority in its metadata (ex. 9999)? Just a guess, but a patch file cant patch if its loaded in before the thing it is meant to patch.

In my opinion, the priority value is not a good long-term solution. It can get the job done, but with every new mod that uses it you need to dive deeper into finding exactly the right gap to squeeze into, until at some point you are out of numbers to pick from.

An alternative system, which works way more directly, is the list of required mods: Just list the internal names of all mods you want to have loaded before your own mod, and Starbound not only takes care of that, but also crashes right on startup if one of these mods is missing. (Simply not loading the mod and giving a warning would be more prefered, but at least it tells you what’s wrong if that happens.) I’m using that mechanic for all my add-ons.

1 Like

The problem has been sorted. I must thank Tobias for the syntax correction and for the tips offered on how to check the effects of my code.

I think it would be cool to have a realistic mode for the mod. One where you can really play the game alongside a slow gain.

The realistic mode would make it so foods don’t fatten you up nearly as much, and some don’t at all. This could be done by setting the food value to 0.1 or lower. This feature would require a bit of food value tinkering on a food-to-food basis, but I think the current system is already pretty good.

Furthermore, your character would lose weight based on activity, but it would be at such a level that if you were regularly using more fatty foods to sate your in-game hunger your gain would outpace any loss.

Also, since it’s realistic, any fattening things outside of food would be disabled. This includes erchius, fattening rays, etc.

Something I saw on earlier in this thread was an idea for fatter characters to run out of energy/hunger when they run, based on how fat they are. I think that would fit in really well with this mode, but wouldn’t have to be tied to it.

In summary, I would really love to see a way to play the mod alongside the game, where gaining weight would be very slow, and if you ran out of fatty foods to eat you may lose your progress towards being as fat as possible.

5 Likes

If there is ever a realistic mode then it would be cool if the hunger bar is increased as you gain, so it would take more food to fill the bar. The hunger decay rate would be faster too so you get hungry at the same rate or faster.

3 Likes

That would be a great addition.

So I had an idea after hearing about the thought of a Big Fatties biome, what if instead of just a fat biome, why not add a chocolate or lard planet? Why stop there, why not make a fatty solar system if you could? It would definitely be quite the challenge, but the payoff would be amazing

2 Likes

I think a lard ocean is as far as most people would be willing to go I don’t see it getting any more than that

I feel that the addition of a few bits of structure / terrain generation on planets is most realistic. It’d make use of pre-existing objects and items within the BF mod (and the addons); examples could be a pool of chocolate, an underground doughnut shop, etc.

For me personally I’m big on exploration, and I’ve been thinking about the feasibility of such an addon for awhile.

2 Likes

It would be nice if auto-vore could have what specific things it works on specified, e.g. only critters, only hostiles, only critters and hostiles, etc.

5 Likes

I have a couple of ideas so I’ll put them here

• Fatty blocks (Gelatin, cake, dough, etc.; each one could have its own property like you partially or fully sink into them, and they can be consumed in a system similar to the “drink liquid” setting)
• More cursed items (The statue is neat and all, but there could be plenty more. Cursed armor, different statues or props, maybe even a status effect that makes the player behave like a cursed status fattening themselves and other NPCs alike)
• Fat traps (Fattening gas traps, dart traps, etc.)
• More fat props (Not feeding tubes, but fatty-themed decorations)

3 Likes

Somebody may have already said it, but what about going beyond the last fat level? Just throwing out a random idea, nothing more.
Also does anybody know why females don’t have nipples? I’ve been thinking about it after seeing the blob form without a bra but also without the, let’s say, “attributes”.

I’m sure candy planet has been posted numerous times but further to this point:

• Gingerbread Penitentiary structure ginger breadmen & Gummibear guards with either milkshake gun
  • Witch Warden that uses a staff that conjures various fattening sweets
  • Fattened NPC in cells
  • natural spawning tube feeding machines
    ===============
  • Taffee block, bright pink mud but with a much greater slowing effect
  • Jello fluid, at normal size you can stand on the surface, but at higher weights you sink right through and begin to consume it
  • Sentient Soda Golem, slightly fattening attacks but inflict levitation debuff making it dangerous if in a pack of other creatures
  • Sentient Cake, Lobs Parts of itself in large arcs (much like the trebuchet) that explodes into in an area, if hit you are greatly slowed, also damages terrain leaving behind a relevant fattening liquid.
    =====================
  • Bloat Bee Hive, large underground structure, it can be found from it’s surface entrance
  • Bloat Bee Warrior Type, a flying enemy that can sting you, giving a slow fattening effect that stacks
  • Bloat Bee Bloater, a ranged variant that can be found deeper in the hive
  • Bloat Bee Queen, a fast tanky mini boss that periodically spawns lesser warrior types
  • Fattened Prisoners, stuck in the hive are various fattened NPCS
  • Abandoned Bee Lab, a long abandoned lab where these Bees were engineered and took over, various loot and lore related items can be found here.
    ====================================
  • Submerged Chocolate Factory, a factory found in the middle of a deep chocolate ocean, without EPP pack the player will simply eat the chocolate, but it doesn’t work too well…
  • various survivors in dry parts of the factory that want your EPP pack to escape, they throw chocolate food items at you until they can pry it off your bloated body.
  • Fudge Blob, slow moving enemy that wants hugs, can move along walls.
  • Chocolate Bubble, sentient bubble of chocolate that greatly fattens the player
  • If you can manage to get to the Generator room at the bottom, you can drain the place.
10 Likes

2 small suggestions.

Sweatpants: I’m honestly surprised they haven’t been implemented yet, even the vanilla description talks about eating pizza.

NPC Comments: Tenants/Crew giving idle comments on their own weight, the player’s weight, wanting to gain weight, etc. I have some experience writing dialogue for my own mods for Skyrim over at Loverslab. So, I might give a shot at writing them myself, though I’d have to learn the modding scheme to implement them.

2 Likes

I believe the clothing mod had sweatpants, but its merged so unsure is implemented or not.

For NPC comments there is a custom crewmember submod that did something like what you are suggesting

Well, I just tried to put some on in-game, and they don’t appear on my character when she’s fattened up. So, I don’t think they’re implemented yet.

A Stimpack to make you rapidly swell up would be nice.

1 Like

How about new shields for mod “Random and Unique Shields from Borderlands 2”?
New type shields “fat” when deplet you gain weight.
Unique shields:

1. “HotCalories” when deplet fire nova and weight loss
  2. “ColdCalories” when deplet frost nova and weight gain
  3. “AntiVore” when vore npc weight loss and healing him
  4. “BalanceWeight” when fat <50% bonus fire damage if =50% high physicial damage and if >50% bonus frost damage
  5. “FatTransfer” weight loss and nearby enemy’s weight gain
  6. “SexyFat” when you Thick or Extra Thick nearby friendly npc and players gain bonus damage and armor (dont stack)
  7. “FoodTime” double weight gain from food and healing

Sorry if i make mistake or error, i bad know english :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I do believe that someone already made an addon to have the crew make similar comments. I don’t remember the name right now, but its in this site.
You could just edit the existing dialogs as a sort of test run.

ok so I know that there will only be more races for if they are popular enough but it would be nice to have this be compatible with some of the races in frackin universe