Suggestions to Expand the Mod (Potential Additions and Add-ons)

Well, ModFatties already incorporates their dragon race, and I think there were one or two others also included although I might be wrong…but I’d say go to that topic in particular for race requests.

I had an idea for a new status effect, I’m not sure if it should be in an addon or incorporated into the main mod itself. The effect is called “Glutton” and what it does is that it slows character movement, drastically speeds up player hunger decay, and makes foods more fattening by increasing overall food value. There’s several ways you could get afflicted by it.

• Eating multiple food items in short succession (Maybe 20 or more within a minute)
  • Eating while “well fed” is already applied
  • New weapons (Something like the Fat Ray but it applies Glutton instead of Rapidly Fattening)
  • New Food (A massive cake that applies both Engorged and Glutton, a random food that applies just Glutton, etc.)
  • Perhaps a toggleable option in the Big Fatties menu

I thought it would be a fun idea to toy around with and could make survival more interesting as well.

4 Likes

Personally, I’d love it if hostile NPCs stopped attacking you upon being rendered immobile. As it is, not only is there no concrete benefit to fattening them up, doing so is actively detrimental to the player. Since fatter NPCs have more health, fattening hostiles makes them more difficult and time-consuming to dispatch. Until then, they continue to be threats. Furthermore, it’s somewhat disheartening to fatten someone up only to kill them anyway.

6 Likes

Totally agree with you, I tried to add status effects to the final stage with no success, so I think that would need some scripting

One thing I would love to see is a proper anomalous keter cake.
As is, it just respawns after a minute or so. So far so good, but the actual thing would be very interesting.

I think the easiest way to do it would be to use the enemy system, as with slimes.

You could have an item that needs to be crafted (spawning these would be disastrous) and when placed, create a single cake “enemy” that simply sits around until either eaten or a day-night cycle passed.

When eaten (preferrably with stages), calories happen at low rates and the enemy gets replaced with an invisible and intangible “eaten” variant.
Likely a ghost type thing, as the actual cakes just appear on any nearby tables. Have them wander for 20 blocks or so, then go to the nearest open space.
That ghost variant seeks out nearby tables or clean surfaces for respawning after a day.
If not eaten, a variant is created out of the uneaten cake, instantly going to a viable surface or near a pile of the cakes if it exists.

To get the effect of cakes overtaking and becoming an actual problem, they could be given collission, similar to blob players and npcs.

There would need to be some system to make sure we do not just get thousands of entities, maybe a limit slider somewhere in the menu, maybe have them squish down into blocks at certain numbers…

7 Likes

I had a small idea. Probably not that good, or even possible, but it’s there.

So, currently, the stuffed sprites are only used for vore. So I had an idea to use them with the main mod.

Basically, there’s a new effect that replaces the vanilla Full Belly effect, called something like Stuffed. If you eat too much, you become stuffed, simple as that. Almost.

Each food item would have a different value, depending on size. For example, the giant cakes having higher values, like 10, while smaller things like a soda can would be a small value, like 1. If the metre is, say, 3 values away from stuffed, you can’t eat a giant cake or anything, only stuff that equals or is less than how far away the metre is from stuffing.

They’d add to your stuffed metre, and at a certain value, you’d gain the stuffed effect. The metre would go down simply by digestion.

Going back to the effect itself. The stuffed value would make you sluggish, making it harder to move around, of course. It’d prevent you from eating any more food until the metre goes back down low enough for that food. All you can really do is sit down or something and wait until the food finally digests (or use a digestion item).

3 Likes

ayo i had a similar idea but literally not, ok so uh the clothing can get the stuffed and busty sprites
so you dont have to be shirtless to be big titty or big belly

if i remember correctly FU has soup rain or something like that.

2 Likes

You either get shelter or are drenched long enough to see yourself become the shelter

2 Likes

for kirbo fans i think inhaling tool would be good

left mouse is to s u c c objects (and npcs) and right mouse is used to inflate yourself or something
and the strength would depend on how fat you are or what your input for settings are
(skinny / normal wouldnt be much affective)
(blob will be able to suck in terrain and builds)

1 Like

It’s a fun idea on paper, But I think something like ‘inhaling terrain’ might be too ambitious for Starbound’s limitations, alongside the fact that Big Fatties is not catering to body inflation, but moreover weight gain. It hands itself over to the “vore” half of the mod, and I don’t know how much Dispatch wants to cater to that. The visual’s certainly fun though, and the power-trips with later weight-stages would be cool :laughing:

1 Like

ok maybe the terrain thing will just be a reskinned mining lazer
also inhailing nothing but air wont do anything to inflate

Can we get support for this race? Steam Workshop::Protogen Race

I’ve always wanted to be a chubby thicc boi in a game like Starbound but there are barely any games that even have a Protogen mod much less one for a chubby boi.

1 Like

I know you may be offended by this, and there MIGHT be a related mod that might be more in line with fans of non-WG slob, but suppose there’d be a tool similar to the main mod’s burp tool, this time making sounds from the backside rather than the mouth…

1 Like

I think the mobility effects should be dampened or changed while in “Distortion Sphere” mode, so that there’s some options for mobility at high weight without using the large Mechs or Hovercraft.

1 Like

What if drinking or being fed enough Mootant (was that the name?) milk turned you into one? That would prevent you from losing weight below a certain point, but let you squirt milk the same way and produce free milk.

2 Likes

I have some pretty whacky & overly ambitious ideas, but as to not overburden the awesome creators with the crazed ravings of a talentless hack, I wanted to simply recommend adding weight related dialogue. The popping mod has dialogue for when a character is about to burst with certain races even having unique dialogue so why not have some extra dialogue for characters related to their fattyness? Like having reaction dialogue to reaching a new fatty level or characters mentioning their weight in both positive & negative light. I feel like this could definitely add a whole new dimension to the mod at large. Heck, we could even have a topic for people to suggest lines of dialogue.

One minor thing I did want to ask is if there is a way to “gender” dialogue. I know this one’s really stupid, but as a guy who wants to hire an all (or at least mostly) female crew it can sometimes be difficult to determine an NPC’s gender, especially nonhumans. If it’s something that can be done simply in a text editor with little to no extra This text will be blurredcoding or if there is a template of some kind that simplifies dialogue editing to the point that a monkey could do it, just point me in that direction & I might be able to handle this. Also feel free to ignore this second paragraph as it’s not important at all.

Anyways, there’s my idea & I hope you all have a blessed day & thank you for your time & consideration.

Well, seems like my life is too busy to really get more on this done, plus, the game has been iffy with my lately so I can’t see my models and the progress I’m making.

At the moment these were being made as armor just to test the visuals of the sprites, but I was planning to make these Chlorocows races within the game. Here’s some advice or guidelines for anyone who may decide to work on this.

Some of the sprites I’ve made still lack spots. So be wary of that. A lot of the sprite work has been made in gimp, so those might help a bit. You’ll notice some bodies have some different looks, was thinking about making different body types but was mostly toying with the idea.
At the very least, males were going to have larger udders and females would have larger breasts. The entire species are hermaphrodites.

was going to make “stazey” look more unique. but otherwise similar animations, maybe a squeeze and milk dripping at the breasts.

If I knew coding more and knew the limits of starbound I’d probably make the character drop one milk every time they ate, or otherwise some other way to incorporate lactation. Of course I could see that being to much for this game.

Sorry I didn’t finish this. even if the game was working right my life has just gotten so busy. Best of luck if anyone decides to pick this up.
chlorocow project.zip (752.6 KB)

1 Like

I have an idea for a race. I don’t know if anyone has thought or suggested this before, but what about a playable race of human cow hybrids, that look more human than mootants, that have their hunger decay between 2 and 4 times the normal rate because they are cows. Because of this, there would be a buff for the first few stages of weight gain that negates the mobility effects as a cow person would naturally be geared towards being fat/overweight. Because of this I also imagine both males and females would have naturally larger thighs and boobs (or moobs) to produce milk and support their extra weight. It would also be cool to have a special race specific tool that lets members of the cow human race squirt fattening milk from their breasts, like the mootants, and possibly some sort of transformation relating to drinking too much of this person cow hybrids milk that would turn you into one of them. I don’t know how well this would work with Starbound and how realistic this is as a mod, but this is just a concept right now.

1 Like

granular clothing. preferrably novakid and human. maybe some extra floran sets, if thats okay. just PLEASE someone let me wear my damn armors and clothes/ atLEAST let me wear my tungsten glitch armor. and iron.
just PLEASE someone expand the outfit selection already