[Tabletop] Pathfinder & D20 rules for Obese Characters (Updated)

fat
weight-gain
tabletop-game

After rediscovering this site recently, I dusted off a project of mine I started last year. and finally got it to a state where I’m happy enough with it to post it to the cruel wilds of the Internet.

I started this last year when my Sorceress in a Pathfinder game was going to eventually take the route of the Bloatmage (or at least the Bloatmage Initiate feat), and wanted to flesh out what really meant to be “obese” in the game. I’ve seen a few other homebrew rules out there, but they were either too incomparable, complicated, or I just didn’t like the theme of them (I like to keep weights more grounded in reality).

Let me know what y’all think, and if you have ideas for improvements or additions, let me know here, or via e-mail (my address is in the document itself).

January 22, 2019 - Added the Body Types; section (moving it out of the ideas section into the main section). Clarified dexterity penalties for Morbidly and Grossly Obese. Rephrased ant haul to make it easier to read.

January 13, 2019 - Updated the text in regards to ant haul and other encumbrance-affecting magics. Some spelling and grammar fixes. Fix to the Overweight entry on the chart (it listed no saving throw penalty when there was supposed to be a -1).

January 11, 2019: First public posting onto the Internet.

This looks good.

I just see one typo, " **The penalties caused by a character’s obesity are always present and can never be eliminated apart from removing the weight weight."

I don’t think you meant to double type weight there.

Yep, certainly a typo, and I’m sure there’s others as well. Thanks for the heads-up.

Sounds cool! Too bad nobody in my city plays something even remotely to this

Not sure how to get started playing this stuff, even online, especially with this ruleset. Same with the other tabletop rulesets here, I just dunno where to get started.

Not really a complaint, but more of a ‘hey could you point me in the right direction’

Finding people to play with is always difficult,especially if you live in a smaller area. A few years ago I started playing online via a site called Roll20. You generally check the forums there to try and find a game to play with that catch’s your fancy (not just Pathfinder or D&D, there’s a lot of other tabletop RPG games played there).

As far as the ruleset itself, Pathfinder is one of the many RPG games based off of the Third edition of Dungeons and Dragons game that came out years ago. he rules themselves can actually available online for free via sites www.pfsrd.com or the Archives of Nethys

Now actually trying to find a game with this kind of content will be very hard. Pathfinder does have the one Official prestige class called the Bloodmage (or Bloatmage) that really is fat and obese. My rules on the other hand are not going to exactly be widely known outside of our little circle. I am trying to keep any "gratuitous’ fattening to a minimum in the rules, to hopefully make the rules a bit more palatable for those DM’s or games that aren’t exactly into this sort of thing.

Updated the document with a few changes and additions. There’s still a few more ideas I’m hammering out in my head that I’ll add eventually when I figure them out.