The Big Fat Vore RPG

Aight, Review Time~
The BFVRPG was one of the first fetish games I think I ever saw. on this website. It was surreal to say the least how much fun I had with it at first, but after playing through it again, I think I’ve finally come to a reasonable conclusion as to my thoughts on this gem.

Art: Very very expressive. I enjoy games with lots of expression in the characters and despite the gaming only having static images, the portraits provide a lot of emotion and I love it. The sprites themselves are also very detailed, with each one feeling completely different from one another. Most RPG maker games on the site follow a template to design their characters, leading to most of the characters, even the main characters, to look basically like everyone else. This game, because you’re playing as already established characters from artists with different art styles, more than 10x as much more must have been put into designing all the NPC’s and party members, especially the party members dear god. I applaud it.

Characters: Perhaps the main attraction to this game, the fact that virtually all the characters in this game are well known fetish characters from different creators on the internet is stunning. Granted, I didn’t know who half these characters were until after I finished the game and looked at the credits, but it’s still the fact that you can still enjoy the game without knowing who anyone in this game is or where they comes from is great.

Party Members: My favorite aspect of any RPG is the party members and how they work in battles. I have to say, each character is fairly well balanced to accommodate their sort of niche.
Caer makes due as being a healer and support based character that’s pretty reliable early game and gets a TON of new things to use later on.
Libra’s great at being a damage and status mage.
Wendy’s one of my favorites due to her AOE effects that can affect both the party and enemies.
Kass with her huge damage output self buffing and status afflicting moves makes her the best attacker in the game.
Kyra with her healing, damage, and statuses makes her a really good battler.
Chitrab with his lack of MP, huge HP bar and strong attacks makes him one of my personal favorites characters to use.
Ash, while fairly strong, isn’t all that great compared to all the mages before her.
Yva is kinda like better Kass, in that she has relatively the same damage as Kass, but all her specials have a chance of inflating her and thus allowing her to use her unique specials whenever it happens.
Tuna…kinda blows compared to the other attackers, mainly due to how much TP her physical specials require and how they don’t really amount to as much as Kass or Yva do. Overall, considering the last two/three aren’t even finished compared to the rest, I look forward to whatever changes happen in the next update.

Enemies: Considering that all enemies are all created specifically for this game and almost all of them have multiple sprites based on afflictions, I have to say that it’s sort of a joy fighting them for the first time. Almost all enemies are unique and, if you’re unprepared, somewhat difficult.
While most other RPG maker games here are piss easy, this game is at least somewhat challenging. Some bosses are challenging like Volcano Bakemeat and High Fructose Corn Sorceress, but others are really easy, like Ice Cream Bunny and the Licorice Lamia. Despite that, I can’t wait to see all the new enemies in the next update and what they have to offer.

Story: Nothing too specially compared to other RPG maker games I’ve seen on this site, but it’s at least serviceable. The concept of a castle made out of food is cool and due to the fact that there are a lot more floors to explore, I look forward to the any zany concepts that can come out of this.

Writing: The writing’s just lovely. Humor is about in both portraits and dialogue and it’s a joy to just read stuff in this game. Not really much to say about writing aside from the fact it’s memorable and that there’s very few if any spelling errors.

Minor Gripes:

1. Vore? - It’s right there in the title and there’s barely any voring actually going on lol. I get that Leanne eats people, Yitrap eat the party when you die to her, Kass has a move that allows her to eat enemies and a few enemies have the ability to eat party members, but that’s really it. In gameplay too, considering almost every enemy is made of food in some way, shouldn’t the party be able to eat enemies too? Just a minor gripe tho.

2. The castle feels a bit baron. Like, most maps are really big like the balcony, but usually there’s only like a few props here and there. Hallways are also pretty empty, with long stretches but with nothing to really look at besides your party.

Ideas that I think would be Cool to see:

1. Bestiary - An idea that I thought would be pretty cool to include. Considering all enemies in this game are unique and have different sprites for different afflictions, I think having a bestiary showing different enemies and their attributes like how strong they are and giving them a little description would bring a bit more life to the game.

2. Add a move that any character can use that allows them to eat certain food based enemies. It would require TP, but it would essentially do a lot more damage than a normal attack and it would essentially act like an HP and MP restore that causes you to be Engorged. Just a thought as to how you could incorporate more vore into the game.

Overall:
This game by itself is really fun; combat is really satisfying, art makes you wanna play more, and it’s overall just nice to see characters from all sorts of creators in a single game, with some even having their characters as playable characters. While short, I did enjoy my time playing again for a second time, leveling up my characters and seeing what else there was to do was fun. After hearing of the upcoming update coming soon after around a year of nothing, I knew I had to make a review of the current game we have. Literally any criticisms I can make of this game just boils down to “I want more of this” and “there’s not a lot of this”. I’ve been starved of RocketShark content since finishing Kobold Commandos last year, so expectations for the update are moderately high for me. Regardless of how much content is packed into the next update, I will at least know that it will be quality, fetishy, bliss. Here’s to hoping the update is going smoothly and that Max/RocketShark is doing well.

5 Likes

Hey folks! Happy Valentine’s Day! Have an update!

(Art by by friend Longcriercat)

You can view the changelog here: Dropbox - changelog 0.3.txt - Simplify your life

18 Likes

hey, do you have a save that load at 0.2.1 ?

unfortunately, saves from older versions of the game aren’t compatible with this new version
i apologize for any inconveniences this might cause <:V

1 Like

hey i have trouble to extract the game. it keep failing. i need hlep

can you elaborate on that?

yea but i got it fix… it somehow the down was imcompete so i have to download it again and start to work

I really wish there was a way to fight previous bosses.

1 Like

Holy shit dude nice! I remember stumbling onto this game way back in it’s first release. It’s great to see you keep updating it!

3 Likes

Alright i’m giga stuck at maddy in her cage, don’t where to find what she need

do you have Alexis in your party, yet? You need her to cross the gap and get Maddy her food. :V

No i don’t, did i miss her at this point ? :confused:

NEW UPDATE ITS CHRISTMAS IN FEBRUARY.

I positively adore the new content here- you’ve really taken things to the next level here! The new status effects in particular caught me off guard- especially sloshed. So much sloshed…

Again, I have to thank you so much for this game- it just… gives me life, you know?

I’ll try and write up a more in-depth review some time soon!

Ball pit. Glorious.

And it’s actually good to know that those two OCs I submitted didn’t make it to this update, since I’ve given them visual and character glow-ups since my initial post.

(Allabo) Azure:Blue Magic: New And Tasty by Revolvio -- Fur Affinity [dot] net
Pierce: Nyancromancy by Revolvio -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

Only new info about Allabo (formerly Azure) you need to know is that he’s a scatterbrained goofball obsessed with finding true companionship. Other than that, I hope these can suit your fancy.

2 Likes

You can’t miss her, actually. She’s a mandatory party member, and necessary to proceed to most of the fourth floor.

Oddly enough, I don’t seem to have your characters on my list. <:V
I’ll go ahead and add them. Did you show them to me through FA or DA under a different name? I could’ve sworn you suggested them to me before.

I did, it’s just been so long that I can’t blame you for forgetting. So no worries!

Here it is: The Big Fat Vore RPG - #131 by Revolvio

Thanks for your time and patience! I was worried that this would just be annoying. Shoot me anymore questions if you have any!

Still playing through so I can’t give a formal look at it yet but pretty good so far! Don’t know if my character I suggested on a journal post waaaaay back made it yet but fingers crossed! Some bugs I’ve noticed so far:

-If Caer and Libra get KO during the Black Forest Behemoth fight and Spiffy finishes him off than you still get a game over after the victory screen. I’m not sure if this is intended given you don’t control Spiffy however.

-Radiance doesn’t revive party members like it says it does

-The first jewel doorway after the first floor only opens one door upon opening. You can interact with the other door as it’s closed and still get the same cutscene from Libra. Minor but I thought it was worth pointing out!

-The Clock Tower’s standard battle music is much quieter compared to the rest of the soundtrack. Not sure if this is intentional.

Huh! Not sure how these issues slipped through, but I’ll look into them.

2 Likes

How do I get over gaps?

Keep progressing and eventually you’ll get the ability too!

hm… why i have feeling the first shop girl going be eat in the next update