The Big Fat Vore RPG

Hello there! Got through the newest playthrough of the game (I think this is the 4th one? I dunno, I’ve been following this since it started pretty much lol). Really cool stuff! Love how you’re adding attack animations into the fights, they really help keep combat more engaging. Cool to see the arena get a huge (lol) amount of love this update as well! I’d honestly love to see some sort of higher difficulty mode at some point in the future for nerds like me who obsess with every release of this but that’d be way to much balancing for such a small use case. That being said I’ve noticed a few bugs or oversights

-The 1st Seal Door before the food court doesn’t say open and the cutscene plays out as if you were opening it for the first time
-Libra can use Energize regardless if she is fat or not (not sure if this is intentional and fat just makes it stronger)
-Caer’s Radiance does not revive like it says it’s supposed too
-Blueberry sprites for a few of the arena fights don’t seem to update despite being in the files (people already pointed this out but inflation worked fine on them for me, it was just blueberry, not sure about fat)
-Caer can cure Nichole’s sleep status (not sure if this is intended either but it feels like a potential oversight)
-Blue Dragon’s growth status updates continue to come up if Kass uses Devour on it

That’s all I’ve noted so far! Great work with this update! Wish you the best on it or whatever you may do next!

1 Like

Really excited to play .4, but having a problem running the game. currently running it in parallels on a mac, which has worked with previous versions of the game (notably also on an older computer-but not that much older) and now I get a few errors that read like this:

CPU: Virtual CPU , Unknown, MMX @ 1566 MHz

Module name: \Mac\Home\Documents\doc\The Big Fat Vore RPG public build 0.4\Game.exe

Application data:
VmVyc2lvbjogV2xORlVWQmVLQ1JlTmlvbU55c29PU1VwTzFjbkt3RUd
WandnT0Q0dmNtVjRmWFl5SXlZNkpTMUlPalpNVG5keWNEbFZjSEoyZl
VFeg0KSW1hZ2VCYXNlOiAxMDAwMDAwMA0KRWlwOiBCMzQwMDA3DQpFY
Xg6IEIzNDAwMDANCkVjeDogNEY5OEY4MDINCkVkeDogMA0KRWJ4OiBC
MjQwNTRDDQpFc2k6IEJDMEQ5NTRBDQpFZGk6IEJCOEIwRDRBDQpFYnA
6IDI4MkFDMjQNCkVzcDogMjgyQUJENA0KRXJyb3JDb2RlOiANCjg4LD
csMCxGMCw4LDYxLEYsMTEsOSxGRCxERiw4OCwyMCwxLDFGLEQ2LDAsM
CwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDY1LDkyLDksMCw4OCw3LDAsRjAs
OCxEMSwxQiwxMSw5LEZELERGLDg4LDIwLDEsMUYsRDYsMCwwLDAsMC4
uLg0KQ29kZSA9IFsxMTRdDQotIDIwMQ0KLSAwDQotIDIyNw0KLSAwDQ
otIFtdDQo+IFxcTWFjXEhvbWVcRG9jdW1lbnRzXGRvY1xUaGUgQmlnI
EZhdCBWb3JlIFJQRyBwdWJsaWMgYnVpbGQgMC40XEdhbWUuZXhlDQoN
ClJHU1MzIFBsYXllcg0KMywgMCwgMCwgMQ0KQ29weXJpZ2h0IChDKSA
yMDExIEVudGVyYnJhaW4sIEluYy4gLyBZb2ppIE9qaW1hDQozLCAwLC
AwLCAxDQpSdWJ5IEdhbWUgU2NyaXB0aW5nIFN5c3RlbQ0KDQo+IEM6X
FdpbmRvd3NcU1lTVEVNMzJcbnRkbGwuZGxsDQo+IEM6XFdpbmRvd3Nc
U3lzdGVtMzJcS0VSTkVMMzIuRExMDQo+IEM6XFdpbmRvd3NcU3lzdGV
tMzJcS0VSTkVMQkFTRS5kbGwNCj4gQzpcV2luZG93c1xTeXN0ZW0zMl
xVU0VSMzIuZGxsDQo+IEM6XFdpbmRvd3NcU3lzdGVtMzJcR0RJMzIuZ
GxsDQo+IEM6XFdpbmRvd3NcU3lzdGVtMzJcZ2RpMzJmdWxsLmRsbA0K
PiBDOlxXaW5kb3dzXFNZU1RFTTMyXHdpbjMydS5kbGwNCj4gQzpcV2l
uZG93c1xTeXN0ZW0zMlx1Y3J0YmFzZS5kbGwNCj4gQzpcV2luZG93c1
xTWVNURU0zMlxtc3ZjcF93aW4uZGxsDQo+IEM6XFdpbmRvd3NcU3lzd
GVtMzJcQURWQVBJMzIuZGxsDQo+IEM6XFdpbmRvd3NcU3lzdGVtMzJc
bXN2Y3J0LmRsbA0KPiBDOlxXaW5kb3dzXFN5c3RlbTMyXFJQQ1JUNC5
kbGwNCj4gQzpcV2luZG93c1xTWVNURU0zMlxzZWNob3N0LmRsbA0KPi
BDOlxXaW5kb3dzXHN5c3RlbTMyXElNTTMyLkRMTA0KPiBDOlxXaW5kb
3dzXHN5c3RlbTMyXHV4dGhlbWUuZGxsDQo+IEM6XFdpbmRvd3NcU3lz
dGVtMzJcY29tYmFzZS5kbGwNCj4gQzpcV2luZG93c1xzeXN0ZW0zMlx
NU0NURi5kbGwNCj4gQzpcV2luZG93c1xTWVNURU0zMlxrZXJuZWwuYX
BwY29yZS5kbGwNCj4gQzpcV2luZG93c1xTWVNURU0zMlxiY3J5cHRQc
mltaXRpdmVzLmRsbA0KPiBDOlxXaW5kb3dzXFNZU1RFTTMyXHRleHRp
bnB1dGZyYW1ld29yay5kbGwNCj4gQzpcV2luZG93c1xTeXN0ZW0zMlx
PTEVBVVQzMi5kbGwNCj4gQzpcV2luZG93c1xTWVNURU0zMlxDb3JlTW
Vzc2FnaW5nLmRsbA0KPiBDOlxXaW5kb3dzXFNZU1RFTTMyXENvcmVVS
UNvbXBvbmVudHMuZGxsDQo+IEM6XFdpbmRvd3NcU1lTVEVNMzJcd2lu
dHlwZXMuZGxsDQo+IEM6XFdpbmRvd3NcU1lTVEVNMzJcQ1JZUFRCQVN
FLkRMTA0KPiBDOlxXaW5kb3dzXFN5c3RlbTMyXHNoZWxsMzIuZGxsDQ
o+IEM6XFdpbmRvd3NcU3lzdGVtMzJcb2xlMzIuZGxsDQo+IEM6XFdpb
mRvd3NcU1lTVEVNMzJcd2lubW0uZGxsDQo+IEM6XFdpbmRvd3NcV2lu
U3hTXHg4Nl9taWNyb3NvZnQud2luZG93cy5jb21tb24tY29udHJvbHN
fNjU5NWI2NDE0NGNjZjFkZl82LjAuMjI2MjEuMTYzNV9ub25lXzZlYm
NhNzVjODgwMjNmOTRcY29tY3RsMzIuZGxsDQo+IEM6XFdpbmRvd3NcU
1lTVEVNMzJcbXNhY20zMi5kbGwNCj4gQzpcV2luZG93c1xTWVNURU0z
Mlx3czJfMzIuZGxsDQo+IEM6XFdpbmRvd3NcU1lTVEVNMzJcdmVyc2l
vbi5kbGwNCj4gQzpcV2luZG93c1xTWVNURU0zMlx3c29jazMyLmRsbA
0KPiBDOlxXaW5kb3dzXFNZU1RFTTMyXFNIQ09SRS5kbGwNCj4gQzpcV
2luZG93c1xTWVNURU0zMlxUZXh0U2hhcGluZy5kbGwNCj4gXFxNYWNc
SG9tZVxEb2N1bWVudHNcZG9jXFRoZSBCaWcgRmF0IFZvcmUgUlBHIHB
1YmxpYyBidWlsZCAwLjRcU3lzdGVtXFJHU1MzMDEuZGxsDQoNClJHU1
MzIENvcmUNCjMsIDAsIDEsIDENCkNvcHlyaWdodCAoQykgMjAxMSBFb
nRlcmJyYWluLCBJbmMuIC8gWW9qaSBPamltYQ0KMywgMCwgMSwgMQ0K
UnVieSBHYW1lIFNjcmlwdGluZyBTeXN0ZW0NCg==

followed by a DLL error with no additional context. anyone know how to fix it?

1 Like

I have this is a very good game

I love that each Character has there own way of fighting, healing and more also you can make a party the way you like it like I use tons of spell user that hit hard next the art is so good, the animation for attack add tons of pop to this game and the character design is amazing I am kind of sad that this is the last update because this game is so good but this is your life and if you choose to move on then that is okay with me because with the skill you put in to this game I know if you move on to a new project it will be great and if you do not I hope the best for you.

2 Likes

oh, good catch. i can’t believe nobody noticed that in previous playthroughs lol

It’s possible to meet her if you get to the 4th floor through the brewery. still, that’s a fair point. I’ll change her position in a future version.

Ok, I took a look through the files and I noticed I messed up the scripting on Percy’s fight, which prevents him from receiving the blueberry status, but the other characters I’m scratching my head at. The tests I did turned up nothing with the other characters. Was there anything else going on during the fights?

yeah, I used 0.3 as the baseline for save compatibility. 0.2 saves aren’t compatible with .3 or .4. Also, you’re not supposed to have access to the debug stuff. I left that in on accident :V

the green dude will have more to do in a future update. also, good catch with the kobold. totally missed that one

that’s an oversight on my end lol. that’ll be fixed in a later update

that thought crossed my mind, too. while I can’t guarantee it, if i do add something like this, it’ll likely be towards the end of development

i don’t know why this is the case, but skills that are locked away behind certain status effects just don’t show up in the skills menu and i have no idea how to change that.

can you elaborate on that? i’m not quite sure i fully understand the issue, here.

yeah that’s a genuine oversight on my end. I’ll adjust the skill to actually do that lol

frankly i’m shocked that me and the playtesters never noticed this before. i’ll probably adjust it to only effect dead allies, since that’s when you’d need something like this :V

Ok, I think I see what’s going on here. I don’t think it’s actually curing her sleep status, so much as just wearing off on it’s own. Nichole’s sleep status only lasts for two turns, which apparently includes the turn it was inflicted on, so when Caer casts Cure with her low-ish speed, it looks like it’s removing it.

good catch! that should be an easy enough fix.

But yeah, all in all, I’m really happy to see so many of you enjoying this game so far! :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah! This door right after the room with Tanuka

For some reason it’s always there regardless of game progress and interacting with it causes Caer and Libra to have dialogue as if they’re opening it for the first time. I was mainly confused by it because other doors like it don’t persist.

2 Likes

How do I get the rock for the inflated roadblock?

1 Like

will there ever be a way to refight all the arena bosses and bosses in general i really wanna fight some again even if it means i would one shot some i wanna do each arena challenge twice at least hehe >:3

4 Likes

that may be a feature in a future update, but it’s not something that i currently have planned :V

5 Likes

The Brütal Legend references did not go unnoticed.

6 Likes