The BIG Royal Rivalry WG Visual Novel!

am gonna go ahead and be that guy since you got me tempted…how big will the girls get?

3 Likes

Ah Another Deviant Artist enters this little site Welcome!, i can’t wait to see the Visual interpretation of your comic and the what you might have in store but i would also like to point out another Visual Novel known as Forks while not making as fast progress is still really quite popular among the folk here on the site & you should ask some of the devs who has used ren’py for help advise if needed.

1 Like

Question, will this VN also feature, even if only very little, furry transformations? I look at Nora and keep thinking she’d look adorable like a feline anthro.

1 Like

Actually i was wondering about how much weight attention the other female characters are going to get throughout this

1 Like

Ahh I woke up to so many replies!! Thank you guys so much for the outpouring of praise and support. You all deserve responses, sorry if I miss anyone! :heart:

@Cj-x4.3 My weight ranges top out at immobilization. But as it is a more slow-burn/gradual gain there will be more deliberant focus, at least at first, on making sure the gain from skinny into conventional SSBBW ranges is very solid.

@ThisAnon I’m sorry, I would really like to go sort of crazy corruption of champions style if I could but the art requirements would get even more crazy than it already is. So honing in one aspect of the ambitious project is gaining weight is the key transformation, the scenarios and cause of this is the spicy variety. Also some mental implications such as slipping down the slope and succumbing to gluttony, losing a certain amount of control on choices, etc.

@maldy #1 Thank you, that’s really a relief to hear! My next goal of-course is to get a gameplay demo asap but patience is very appreciated :blush:
#2 The non-player character girls can gain too. This opens up for playing the role of feeder yourself, reverse-feeding, mutual gaining etc. Basically, the floodgates are blown wide open story wise due to The Prince’s preference and opportunity is afoot everywhere to pack on some pounds for the woman in the story- intentionally or not!~

7 Likes

tgank you for the quick response!, i wish you luck in your endeavour, this certantly looks promising!.

A word of advice if i had to give any is you guys try to take your time and keep focused, what you are tackling is big as it is, try to avoid feature creeping as much as posible, other than that good luck!

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I have read the article and it is probably the most interesting project I have seen so far and that I have been waiting for for a long time.
A question if possible but without spoilers, will there also be intrigues in the story or something like character manipulation?
I mean like Hypnosis or mind control by someone against the royal family for example?

I wish you all the best and look forward to some great news.

PS: sorry if there are problems in writing but I am using the translator as I suck in English

1 Like

Definitely looking forward to this - it looks really cute.

3 Likes

@Cj-x4.3 That’s very good advice, definitely aiming to hit the core first!

@Immortal88 I offhandedly mentioned hypnosis in the original post. To expand on that - it’s actually a very exciting complimentary fetish for me. There is a substantial story path planned that incorporates it as the main feature driving the plot and girls gaining. If you’re a hypno lover, I think you’ll be very satisfied. And if you’re not sold on the idea, I hope I can pleasantly surprise narrative wise! There isn’t too much of this combo in the community currently, Orristerioso’s art is my absolute fav in this space.

@Parnash Thank you!! :heart: Hopefully not too girly :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Thank you all so much everyone! There’s been such a huge outpouring of support— emotionally, it’s overwhelming!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m putting the support to good use, lining up more art for the game and working on getting a demo ready to give you all a taste! :grin:

8 Likes

One of my absolute favorite tropes in WG is weight swap/transfer. Any chances we could see that in the game?

1 Like

Well well great news, I had not understood well before asking the question I asked.

At this point I can’t wait :grin:

1 Like

@insert_username_here Yes absolutely, it’s a fantasy setting with magical weight gain fun involved as much as traditional means. Weight swapping & transferring is going to be included scenarios, I like that trope a lot also!

@Immortal88 Glad to hear it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Glad I’m being thought of so kindly lol, I plan on making the sweetest simplest path possible for my playthrough!

1 Like

I’m really impressed with the presentation, It’s really well done!! and I love how clean It is. Also I like the chibi character with the titles and I liked the comic btw.
I hope things will work out all right, good luck!! ^^

1 Like

Hello all! Mini status update - I’ve organized the assets needed for the first demo to prioritize. We’re working on the early weight sprites, needed backgrounds, and facial expressions. Plenty to do, aiming for a substantial first demo! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Please enjoy this finished piece of Nora. A feeder is never safe :flushed: One can’t be serving so much food without incurring some damage of her own; it’s nothing to be embarrassed by~

26 Likes

Your artwork looks top tier! The quality so far looks like it could be from a professional Japanese VN, I’m quite excited to try out the demo :astonished:

2 Likes

I was wondering if the gaining would be limited to Yummie or Amelia, can’t wait to see more (also big Nora fan as well).

2 Likes

The fact that you can draw this well, and are making the game yourself is impressive. Are you doing all the programming yourself as well? I’m blown away, but please don’t work yourself into a burnout: there are plenty of people here who i’m sure would love to help if you ever feel like you might need that.

3 Likes

Wow. I… wow. I have no words for this project :smiling_face_with_tear: it is too beautiful.
Ah and if you need some people to voice the characters voluntarily, I could try, but I’m french.
Anyway, good luck for the rest but it’s really promising and… yeah I still have no words.

1 Like

This hound got words
Impressive, I eagerly await how this turns out

2 Likes