The BIG Royal Rivalry WG Visual Novel!

Oh that reminds me, what platforms will you be releasing the VN on?

2 Likes

Oh man I’m so excited for this

2 Likes

@Skinny_Guy That’s such a huge compliment, thank you I’m glad it lives up to the intended anime style!

@JoeyVee Thank you! I can’t take all the credit; the art is a team effort at my studio. I am handling the programming myself, it’s really not too bad!

@notmaebarakeiichi Thank you for the offer! :heart: I’m leaving potential voicing, music, opening theme and anything extra like that for further in. Focusing on the core pieces are in place before any extras but I’ll keep you in mind. :blush:

@Seeker9043 That’s a great question - I’m using Ren’Py so everywhere its able to distribute to. So Windows/Mac/Linux for PC and Android. I’d love to support iOS for iPhones/iPads but not so sure I can get the game on their store and I don’t believe side loading is allowed. I want it to be playable by everyone :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Am very much looking forward to seeing this project developed, looks incredible so far and that’s without a demo.
I will be signing up for the patreon as soon as the month ticks over, due to how they process the payments.

2 Likes

This sounds like a really fun one, I’m looking forward to it :slight_smile:

I do have question too, how long are you planning to make the game (in other words, how long are you thinking a single run will take at this point in development)?

2 Likes

im looking forward to this

3 Likes

Hey guys!! Please enjoy this fully rendered CG art!

Demo development is going well, I’m having all the early sprite sizes for Lady Yummy completed and another character I don’t want to spoil just yet that is ready to gain in the demo~

@Morganism Sorry for the inconvenience with the way Patreon bills. Thank you, I really appreciate it! :heart:

@failmuseum The game’s overall playtime isn’t really set yet with development being this early but I would say I’m aiming for a single play through start-to-finish to go to around 10 hours in a proper version 1.0 release. Then also players are highly incentivized to re-play and make different choices to see different paths. Also to play through with the other player character. Overall I really want the game to be a substantial experience and also a continuing medium for me to deliver more WG stories within with each update!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

With it being start of the month, it’s a great time to join to support the project’s development! I have this CG in full 5k resolution, another one with Amelia+Sophia and more Royal Rivalry goodies coming out this month! Thank you so much to those who already joined :heart:

~ Patreon.com/YummySinpie ~

24 Likes

Just a bite? Just a few pounds? My my, look at yourself now. You just can’t seem to turn down another helping, can you?

Hey guys, here’s the other teaser CG art! For any comic readers you may notice it’s similar to scenes from the comic. I am working on game specific scenes too but was wondering if there was any scene that stood out to you in the comic that I should do a CG for?

25 Likes

Maybe perhaps page 44, the clash between Yummie and Amelia in the versus panel. Since it came out before color pages I’m sure many will enjoy it.

2 Likes

Yes! That’s a good choice~ it was also one of my favorite scenes. It’s worthy to be a cover art maybe, haha. Thank you for the suggestion~ It’s definitely on my list now~

6 Likes

i’m going with a recent one and say pages 49-51 because of Yummy (if that’s her actual name of the brunette princess) mother appearing at first disapproving of her daughters new habbits that i can see this being a easy way to add a bad end choice ontop of the original comic choice explaining to her mother that the Prince loves ‘larger women’ with her mother dragging her off to stuff her daughter.

1 Like

Hey guys, I wanted to post here my first Devlog as it got a really positive response on my patreon. You guys are definitely the game experts, let me know what you think on my thoughts~ :heart:

Nora Sprite Weight-Line

Devlog #0 - ‘Countless’ Sprites! (posted 7/5/2022)

I’ve made some info posts and shown spoiler art but I’d like to jump into a quick first ‘dev log’ to explain a little more background into the game and its design.

A key feature for the game that will really set it apart from others is a huge number of drawn sprites allowing for gradual weight gain to be displayed on characters. One of the very first things you think when you see a game in weight gain or in the broader ‘transform’ fetish is “Can I see my character change?” Often, that answer is no. For obvious reasons, it’s probably just too much work. Who can be asked to draw hundreds of sprites? Well, it is at the top of my to-do list!

As you’ll see in the sample excerpt image above, each character that can gain weight will have a large set of sprites. Actually, these are ‘key’ sprites and I’m going to go back over these and bridge the gap between each one to make the gain even more subtle each step.

This really makes the art requirements quite different from other visual novels and more complex. I’m excited to tackle this challenge because of how much narrative freedom it gives. Leveraging the classic ‘paths’ and choices in a visual novel game, any number of stories could be told using a large set of sprites as the base for it. Mixing in CGs and the different emotions, speed of gain and how it happens- I believe the game will be able to deliver so many experiences in an efficient package!

There isn’t even a need to go slow shifting between the sizes. For example, maybe a weight gain potion suddenly grows a skinny lady from weight level 1 to level 20! Or maybe you learned some dark magic technique to drain fat from another- watch as your weight-rival shrinks before your eyes as you add the weight to your own figure. To say I’m excited for the possibilities, would be an understatement! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@maldy That’s a great idea, yea her mom being a bit greedy/power hungry does sound like a ‘bad end’ in the making, doesn’t it? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

29 Likes

“My meal times have three great joys; the first is seeing her warm smile as she enters, wheeling in ‘my’ feast. The second, of-course, is her tenderly feeding me my fill. But the final and greatest joy, is watching her finish what I ‘couldn’t’. More delicious than the food’s taste at my own lips is the view of it on hers. Her diligence showed in her softening features, her tightening garments, her growing appetite evident in the ever increasing amount of food she brings. My feeder seems to have found another target– herself.”

Please enjoy a teaser of Nora ‘Cleaning Up’ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

28 Likes

Do I spy a hint of a double chin under the crumbs on her face?

3 Likes

That you do! A few pounds does the body and face good :wink:

Little sneak peak at Amelia experiencing a bit of facial rounding out :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

21 Likes

Round face gang rise up :partying_face:!! Who doesn’t love a cute double-chin and chubby cheeks?

6 Likes

I swear anime ladies have the best round faces. SO cute. -w-

2 Likes

Hello all, I wanted to post a little game update~

Things are really starting to shape up! I’ve been conquering the sprite work ~10 weight levels at a time for each character. It really helps to make sure each level is a solid progression and keep them all in similar look! A slew of different emotes is being drawn, matched up, and modified across each sprite level. Sketches turning into line work, coloring underway!! It’s a noble-fat-girl-sprite factory in here! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The script and everything is really coming together. I think you all will really enjoy the scale of the story as well as the variety I’m plotting. Really getting to flex my story writing skills :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I had hit into a small road bump last month with my original background artist disappearing. :scream: Since I mentioned this issue last week on Patreon I have been able to trial a couple of artists and it looks like I may already have a new artist to pick-up the reins for background art. :blush: I have ~5 more backgrounds [at-least!] in mind I want to have completed in time for the demo’s release. I hope to update soon with a brand new background art reveal to celebrate! :+1:

Little sneak peak below of Lady Yummy sprites, a lot more to see in-game soon and experience for yourself~ :heart::heart::heart:

26 Likes

Oh gosh, Lady Yummy looks ADORABLE and I can’t wait to see the fourth stage (or more?).

2 Likes

Will she be your loyal defender and loving feeder, or would you be kind enough to help her grow? Maybe both, sharing is caring you know… That’ll be up to you~ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For all the Nora lovers, releasing a series of promo images! Enjoy ‘A maid’s heavy duties’ part 1 of 3!

14 Likes