The Breakfast Chub - Roops' Submission

This is really good, it might be my favorite from the contest, although that one office simulator is pretty close. Any chances of you expanding on this project? I would love to see more of it.

1 Like

It’s so awesome to hear you felt that way about it! Thank you! The response seems to have been pretty positive so far, and there’s a LOT I wanted to do that I couldn’t possibly fit within the two week deadline, so I definitely hope to flesh out the game into something bigger and better!

4 Likes

Here is the Bad ending The Breakfast Chub Bad Ending - YouTube

1 Like

Finally found the time to get all three endings. In a weird way, I feel like the normal “good” ending is the hardest to get! Playing through it again I love how logical some of your choices have to be. Like how early on if you want to get her to eat more, if you just flat out ask her to eat another plate of food she’ll brush it off but she WILL let you talk her into dessert. Kinda sneaky, I like it.

2 Likes

Very true! That is unfortunately the result of some of the content I had to cut to meet the deadline! Since I knew the “Best” ending was going to probably bring people the most satisfaction, I prioritized completing it first and making it fairly accessible. The “Good” ending had some of its content (and paths to get to it) trimmed down. And the “Bad” ending had the entire third shift cut! You would have originally had a few more opportunities to move from one path to another through some key interactions.

2 Likes

Great work! Love the art and the way the story develops is fairly good. It made me wish there were a longer version: the character is really cute and I feel there’s plenty of dialog to explore further.

(P.S. Also, I know writing tends to be underappreciated, but this game has some truly hot and erotic writing, something that most WG games don’t get right for focusing just on visuals. Kudos for that!)

4 Likes

Totally awesome! Your art and story are absolutely wonderful! You should be super proud of this game! I currently have only gotten the good ending, I am VERY much looking forward to getting the best ending! I only encountered one tiny bug in the revised version. On her first gain at the table it looked as though there were two sprites of her stacked on top of eachother. Other than that, perfectly polished! Well done I hope you do really well in the competition! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

And special thanks for letting me know about the bug! I’ll look into that first scene and see if I can reproduce and fix what caused the issue.

2 Likes

I am in love with this game <3

3 Likes

Just in case this game wasn’t getting enough praise, I love it! Best sumbission (yet - is it over already?).

This is just the kind of game I stay tuned into this site to see. Actually the best stuff on here I’ve seen in a long time, interesting dialogue, no unnecessary descriptions or boring reading, good pace, no grinding, no repeated content - actually some graphics! I think you mentioned that you put too much time into the animations, you didn’t, they’re the best bit! The girl is so cute as well: The way she reacts and shovels food in, it’s great.

Really smashing game and I hope you make more and I’m sure you’ve got a ton of loyal fans just from this one post who’ll be happy to help in other stuff if you need it!

2 Likes

I’m going to sound like a broken record here, and I’m okay with that… Thank you so so SO much. This game was my first time posting here and also my first project of this scope anywhere. The feedback I’ve received has meant everything to me. I can’t articulate what it’s like hear people sharing their thoughts on it and the features/details that made the game enjoyable for them.

I’m taking a brief breather after the chaos of making this in two weeks, but I assure you that I plan to fervently return to developing the game into something more.

3 Likes

I have never been more turned on while playing a game, I wanna see so much more of your work. Im probably going to make fanart

3 Likes

I finally got a chance to play this game and OMG. Claire is so cute!

I also loved how when she was “full”, the game shifted to her getting a little fatter right then. That was amazing!

I’m very much looking forward to what you plan on doing next with this game, Roops!

1 Like

I’d love to see it!

Glad to hear you liked that part! I wanted to keep the gain gradual and semi-realistic, but still wanted to show a little instantaneous change for fun.

2 Likes

I was glad to play this! In general you did really great!

I feel like you did it using RPG maker, if so… MY GOD YOU REALLY DID AN INCREDIBLE JOB.
Must have required a few scripts but you it all went really smootly (i saw like once 2 sprites on top of each other at the boot, but it seems really like a minor detail within v1.1.

I would be glad to see more of your stuff in the future, just has much has all the contestant here!

Have a great time!

2 Likes

Yep! You caught me! Entirely made within RPG Maker MV. Someone else pointed out that darn sprite stacking issue; I still need to dig at the code and see where I slipped up.

Thanks for your review!

After playing this game and experiencing all three endings (Bad, Good and Best), I can safety say that this is such an adorable and enjoyable game to play! Very easily one of my top rated Weight Gain games of 2019.

The colours are pleasing to the eye, and the music is rather relaxing whilst playing this game.

Claire is such an amazing and realistic character to interact with, the multiple options and dialogue is very welcoming, allowing her character to be more explored (I for one enjoy her food related puns~ and her admiration of all things sweet and delicious)

The passing weeks that reveal her weight gain development is a very smart idea, and I love how she comes to enjoy more food along with being more romantically involved with the player depending on the choices, not to mention even learning to love the fetish of being a feedee herself. The options for the player revealing to be a feeder (which is obviously what I enjoy playing this game) was a nice touch as well.

If I maybe so bold, I’d like to say that Claire is EASILY a keeper character, and I for one enjoy this wonderful, wholesome game and I thoroughly like to dream (and maybe suggest) that an expansion or a sequel. I simply NEED to see more of Claire with her romantically involved relationship with the feeder player in the future.

Thank you for creating such a game.

3 Likes

Man… thank YOU for one hell of a review! You sound like you appreciated every aspect of the game in great detail, and as a creator that’s wonderfully satisfying to hear. As I mentioned above, I’m taking a brief break and then a continuation/sequel/expansion will very much be in development!

3 Likes

My dear friend, when a person replays the game over five times to truly enjoy the content that a game provides, you KNOW you have created the experience a person can enjoy wholeheartedly. All manner of praise goes to you.

By all means, enjoy your brief break, you have earned it. I look forward to your continuation/sequel/expansion with Claire and the feeder player.

3 Likes

I had to draw some art of this wonderful cute game :smile:

7 Likes