The Feeding Game - A a bit less barebones RPG Maker game.

Am I crazy? Somehow this new update is buggier than the old one I had. Collecting the fruit seems to do nothing, it’s not in my inventory and I can’t use it for crafting. I wish they explained any of the menus or mechanics in the game. Really don’t know how to interact with the princess, what the heck do I do now that the witch is in my party? Also, there’s invisible walls in the store for some reason, really weird. And some of the witch’s scenes are broken/dont finish properly.

1 Like

Really? ok, i think thats not only because of the code. I think something broke during the upload. the problem with the invisible walls has actually happened to me more than once. this has to do with the layer system and is sometimes easy to overlook when editing the map. I think I know how the bug with the bushes comes about, in which case I probably haven’t tested enough. Unfortunately, my stamina is not the best, I often just go for it in order to at least achieve something. Unfortunately, this also means that I often don’t test enough. That was my mistake, I apologize for that. I’ll try to make an update with the corresponding fixes and a small tutorial crystal so you know exactly what you have to do.

1 Like

ok, made a new update with some fixes and more explanations. hope you will enjoy it. even though I haven’t looked into the witch scenes yet. they haven’t really been tested yet because I wanted to focus on the basics first. I’ll look at it again right away.

1 Like

Okay so there’s improvements in this patch. Like when I gather fruit it is actually in my inventory this time, the tutorial crystal is somewhat helpful, and there’s more stuff going on in the Inn. There are still a lot of invisible walls in the Store though, and honestly when I said explanation of the game mechanics I also meant stuff like how combat works/what TP is, when you can eat food, etc. And how exactly do you feed the princess (if I’m correct in understanding that you can).

1 Like

Anyone knows how can I get out of the forest? I’ve tried for some time and I can’t seem to know how to get out

1 Like

The exit is on the second part of the map (the right) you can’t go back through the entrance, then say “no” to continuing to explore.

1 Like

I can’t move

3 Likes

Yeah this is what I was referring to in my previous replies. Basically, there is no resolved ending to most of the witch’s cutscenes. I think you can only eat 1, eat like half and she joins you, or eat all and get the bad end. Everything else is broken.

1 Like

do you play on mobile? just ask because of the buttons on the screen.

Yeah, the thing is that the door doesnt activate when the main character touches it with an auto run. thats pretty annoying, but is fixable. i will look into it today.

ok, bug fixed. sorry for the inconveniences :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, i play the game with joiplay

1 Like

Interesting. There is actually an option in MZ to deploy the game for android/ios/web, but i am unsure if that works or not.
Screenshot (1326)_cr

New update, this time something a bit bigger :smiley: new bad ending and bad ending room

3 Likes

Running version 0.1.6 for Mac. I talked to the feeding crystal and there’s no way to leave the conversation. All 3 options, I press Z or X and it makes a different sound but says something anyways. Can’t walk, open my own menu, etc. Had to close the game to try anything else. Other crystals seem to work, although is the bad end supposed to be an empty platform? Haven’t tried the castle, villiage or forest yet.

1 Like

That thing with the tutorial crystal was a bug, i will fix it soon. The bad end crystal is basically a room where you can see bad endings without the need of breaking your game flow. i have to admit that this isnt very good explained at first, i will make that a bit clearer.

1 Like

Hey enjoying the direction the game is going, but want to give a few notes.

1. The tutorial crystal says the “what is the goal” dialogue for “how to craft”
  2. If you leave without eating at the witch’s house and then come back in, visual errors. The same if you eat breakfast after declining premium package.
  3. It’s blueberries not blueberrys
  4. The leveling/stats are a little off. The first few levels are a slow grind, but once you hit like 4 or something you become unstoppable and can literally eat cake or pie every turn if you have enough. Also, is it supposed to be that you can’t eat out of battle if you’re full health? Considering cake doesn’t heal that seems odd. But in battle you can eat as much as you want (if you have the TP for it). Though TP honestly gets crazy later, like getting more TP per turn than the amount it costs to eat crazy.
2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, that’s very helpful. I think I need to bring a bit more structure into my work, so I can better balance the systems and produce less bugs and unfinished stuff. The bug with the food items is already known, unfortunately I need to look deeper into the RPG maker systems to fix that, which probably will take some time. I guess I also have to reduce the stat upgrades per level, as the damage calculation I use is very sensitive to stat upgrades and differences (it’s basically: BaseDamage * ATK / DEF, similar to Pokémon). Now actually the big stats are supposed to be balanced by the level up of the enemy areas, but since you have full control over that (you do this by using the favor of the boss of the area), it’s a bit slippery, I guess. An alternative would be that the level increases immediately after you defeat the boss without using a favor, but I am unsure if that doesn’t have its own downsides as well.

3 Likes

Ok, new small balance update. honestly, i am a bit unsure how i should continue with the game. i have a interesting concept, but i need to look how to set it up. my endurance is also not the best. If someone has ideas for new enemies, food items, new buildings or what i could expand, i would love to hear them, although in terms of buildings, i am not very experienced with making rooms and stuff like that.

1 Like

Ok, new update after a bit of radio silence! This time I included my first self-made plugin, which gives me more options for the enemy drops. That allows us to increase the slime balls dropped by slimes in relation to their level. However, I am still a bit unsure how I should continue. I think there is still a bit for me to fine-tune and finish, especially some of the scenes, which I usually wanted to finish quickly, so I can focus more on getting the basic stuff done. One problem is that for many of my plans, some tiny bits of information of how do I do this exact thing are missing. For example, I would like to make eating a quick action, so you can eat and fight in the same turn, but I don’t know how I should implement that, because I am dependent on the visustella engine and need to monkeypatch it, which isn’t easy considering that their code is obfuscated, so I need to ask them for a permission to write a patch plugin. Other parts of the engine have a cool feature, which I can’t utilize in the way I want because of some limitations I didn’t see coming. And then there are some things I have no idea how to set them up at all, like force-feeding attacks, which would raze MP first and would reduce the HP as soon as they are full. my concept also has a few gaps i need to fill, i still have to think about whether i let the level of the opponents in a zone increase for each defeat of the boss or only when you redeem his favor. I still have a lot to think about, but I think if I think too much I end up doing nothing, so I rely heavily on your feedback.

5 Likes

Short status update (no game update): I really want to continue with the game, but I am unsure if I currently have the stamina for it. My depression gets stronger again and my brain just doesn’t do what it should. Probably it’s just a bad day, I don’t know. Next week I try to get my old medication back and hope that that helps, but to be honest, it’s probably also just a time issue for me. I try too much at once and then cut back other stuff that is supposed to keep me active, like sports, which makes my depression stronger again. Also, currently I am just kinda out of ideas to enhance the current regions. Probably I should work on the dessert next for the time and flesh out the first areas once i get better ideas.

What i could probably also do is getting this Furniture System plugin and allow to make your own rooms, decorate them and place servants, but i think thats probably a bit too gimmicky for the current state of the core game play.

2 Likes