The Feeding Game - A a bit less barebones RPG Maker game.

Remember that your physical and mental health are more important than putting out updates. Don’t push yourself too hard, take the time you need

4 Likes

My problem is that having something to do is crucial for combating depression, but I think it’s also important what exactly I do. Physical work is probably more effective here then mental work. Sometimes Its extremely hard to tell if it’s my depression that hinders me from working or if I just procrastinate.
My ADHD comes on top of that. Sometimes I can be so laser focused on something that I make insane progress in a small time window, while other times i just look for hours on my computer without achieving anything. It’s also part of the reason why I start many projects without finishing them and now I try my best to finish what I start.
I think my biggest problem is that I simply don’t have a feeling for when I do achieve something. That leads to pushing myself to get something done even if my mental capacities are at their limit.
In general, mental work is hard to measure, so Its almost impossible to answer how much mental work I should do every day. Especially since it’s so extremely fluctuating.

Sigh

3 Likes

Damn that sounds rough. Kudos to you for working through this, you’re doing great

1 Like

I feel your pain, my friend. The procrastination, the ADHD, the random bouts of insane progress and of no progress, all of it. All we can do is keep trying. For what it’s worth, I believe in you.

2 Likes

Sameeee i hate ADHD but when i get my schedule straight i will make one game i havent started 1 because of this

1 Like

ok, so a quick news update for everyone: in the last weeks i experimented a bit with the game and some plugins and while i made some progress with the new area, i think i am at a point where i dont really know how i should progress because of how much there actually is that i need to do. i think I will publish today a build that can be viewed as “Experimental”, which will contain new stuff, but there will be much that can be viewed as unfinished, mainly because of small pieces of knowledge about how i need to do a certain thing to achive the result i want, which are missing. Among other things, there is the inclusion of the desert, a new boss, a new character “The Thief”, as well some experimental furniture features and some smaller improvements.
Again, feedback will be appreciated, i think that’s the best way for me to focus on a problem and actually solve it.

6 Likes

Ok, new patch is there! Pls note that there is still much that is unfinished, my enduration for that was just not there, to be honest. I hope you can still enjoy some of the stuff I added.

2 Likes

Ok, so today i work at the HP and MP stats, as they are currently a bit inbalanced in terms of growth compared to the enemies.
Which leads me to a question I ask myself since a few weeks: currently, the damage from a skill is only dependent on the ratio of ATK to DEF and doesn’t take into account that the HP grow as well. This leads to the problem that a fight will take longer the higher the level of the battle members are, because the base damage doesn’t grow with higher levels. This is normally solved by adding new stronger skills to the battlers, but I am unsure if that’s the perfect solution for my game here. In the Vale City games, this is solved by including the current BP (MP) into the calculation, but it wouldn’t really work for this game since my game is a lot more asymmetric in terms of the battle system. So I wanted to ask if i should build in a mechanic which raises the base damage in ratio to the level of the battlers, since they are there for every member of a battle.

1 Like

I’d think just going for stronger skills would be best, since you’d be making skills anyway? Otherwise, if you’re adding in the leveling to the base, it might skew the battle system immensely.

Also, I think you’d need a plugin for that.

2 Likes