The FULL College Experience - Text Adventure (Demo Version 0.2.0)

So, I’ve been a long time lurker on this forum. I’ve spent a few years off and on seeing what the community has put together and it inspired me to work on something of my own. I’ve been messing around with Twine since late 2019, but only now have I built up something I think has some potential to be interesting. This is a work in progress text-based fetish game using the twine system of Harlowe. I am presenting a playable demo version to you all to gauge community interest.

Current Version
The FULL College Experience 0.2.0

This game is a text adventure in which you will (eventually) be able to go through 4 years of university. The barebones version I am presenting to you today has the following features:

• Character creation (female only)
  • Randomly generated roommate
  • Class selection
  • College Dining Hall
  • A day/time system
  • Clothes selection
  • Weight Gain
  • Basic Save/Load system (Could break the game as I have not exhaustively tested it)
  • Nearly 24,000 words.
  • The seeds for future updates.

This means that the majority of the game is incomplete, if you notice anything missing, incomplete, or otherwise confusing, it is likely something on my to do list. Please feel free to report any bugs, suggestions, grammar issues, etc. I will do my best to fix them for the next version.

Full transparency statement:

My goal is to build this into a complete four year experience, however long that takes. With that it will take time and effort like all development of projects like this does. I plan to support this project via a patreon, if and only if I believe I can put together something worth paying for. My long term plan for this would be to release future demo versions via patreon while providing plenty of updates here on what is coming and what has been added. I hope the game will be able to speak for itself. My style of development is very much one step at a time so future updates should be very focused on specific aspects of the game. Once I take into account feedback on this initial demo I’ll be planning a roadmap for future updates. But that is enough blabbering on my end. Hope you all enjoy this for what it is and I look forward to continuing this and seeing how far I can take it.

DOWNLOAD LINK: 777.3 KB file on MEGA

Let me know if anything in this post breaks a rule, was looking to make sure but you never know.

45 Likes

not bad with what is their at the moment but it would be nice to be able to eat the food you make in the baking & cooking elective.

5 Likes

Absolutely agree. Will be working on all electives having actual scenes and choices with the next update. Appreciate your time in checking it out!

3 Likes

Very excited for this, looks great so far and I love the daily control part/slow gain unlike a lot of other college games here.

Just wondering where the current build ends? Ill keep playing but ive just exceeded first weight goal and nothing has happened yet except my character is now feeling discouraged by going over. I know its 0.1 just not sure if theres anything left to see yet! :slight_smile:

Great work so far

3 Likes

This shows a lot of promise, looking forward to when it gets more fleshed out with random events/more path options.

I’ve only just started playing so maybe this will change but each time the game tells me my character has gained weight it shows up as “0 pounds”, and the weight doesn’t actually increase. Might just be a small bug or I just need to get my character to eat more food lol.

2 Likes

@abcdemoobunny932 Appreciate your time in checking it out! I definitely am looking to create a slow burn experience. Daily control is going to be the overall focus gameplay wise though. Just looking to flesh out that experience. In terms of where content ends there is a way to play through all ten weeks of the first quarter for homework and quizzes to keep occurring. You can also keep gaining weight past whatever initial goal you selected. There is a certain amount of description text to a point for that. I would think it is obvious where it ends at that level but can point it out if needed. I am looking to make the goal weight a more dynamic thing in future updates. If any other questions/suggestions come up please feel free to share. Always looking for feedback.

@Koloss Thanks for the kind words and your time playing the demo. Definitely going to be a content focus going forward with some systems work. One dilemma I am having is when the math is getting calculated for weight gain you would be seeing long decimal strings which made the scenes where weight is displayed a bit cumbersome with the long numbers. I am looking to get it to just round to the tenths place but haven’t quite figured it out yet. So for now the numbers are being rounded to whole numbers, while you still gain the incremental weight in the background. The easiest way to see that is as you said.

EDIT: I think I figured out the decimal problem so expect that to be fixed for the next version.

3 Likes

Well, to use a well worn out expression, I will watch your career with great interest :smiley:
Seriously though, this is looking great so far, an excellent proof of concept with good mechanics (the random character builder is excellent) for such an early build. Really looking forward to how this develops. I know so much more will happen with the roommate, plus the dorm in general (for example, food in the kitchen).
I guess I should offer that if you need some ideas for random events, feel free to message me and I might be able to come up with some stuff.
Keep up the good work.

4 Likes

I really like where this is going. I’ve been working on some twine projects but clearly you are a bit further along in understanding twine than myself. This really has a lot of potential!

2 Likes

@Morganism Thanks for the kind words. Appreciate your time. Yes the roommate relationship is something I definitely wish to work on. Plenty of content will stem from that. The dorm I want to be an evolving hub area for the player so we will see how far I can stretch that concept in Twine. I appreciate the offer, always open to suggestions.

@gamerca It took me quite a bit of time to figure all this out. My one issue that I have to work on is just because I’ve put a lot of work into a section or solution to a problem, doesn’t mean there isn’t something better to make it all run smoother. So I hope to continue to refine my abilities in Twine.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what your supposed to do on weekends? I ate breakfast and that’s all

2 Likes

Thanks for playing the game. Unfortunately at this time the weekends are pretty bare. Only can really order food, go out to eat at the dining hall, or watch TV to pass the time. More to come to make weekends more enjoyable.

1 Like

nice i had fun playin it :slight_smile:

cant wait for that and here are some of my gameplay suggestions lol you deff need a back button i found myself clickin to fast and skipin meals :frowning: lol and a way to change outfits and maybe styles at any time cause im the type of likes to see all the try on and mirror descriptions at each weight lol as for story and other ideas or help send me message and we can chat there to see what i can do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, I seem to have broken it already, because I’m stuck on Monday with nothing to do after coming back to the dorm.

2 Likes

@xpnsnpk Thanks for playing! Appreciate the suggestions. The version I uploaded I thought had a back button but I will double check to make sure that is working. Changing outfits throughout the day is certainly an idea that I can implement, will add it to my list. In terms of changing character styles, I think I can add that at a later time as well, though that may come at a later point gameplay wise.

@Parnash I appreciate you playing. Hmm, if I could have a few more details maybe I can fix the issue. Is it the first monday of the game? Did you have dinner? Were you able to complete homework/study? and have you tried going to bed? The more detail the better.

1 Like

Sure thing - It was the first monday, I had dinner and studied/homework, and watched TV for a bit. at 1:00 on Monday, I can’t access the bed.

2 Likes

Having the same issue, but at 0:00 on what it says was the first Monday, but which should have been Tuesday. Looks like if the player goes past midnight, the game breaks. Backed up till 23:00 and the bed was accessible.

2 Likes

You both are correct in that I have a variable check screwed up at that point. I’ll fix that right now and try to get a 0.1.1 version uploaded at some point tonight/tomorrow morning so that this isn’t an issue. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Also thanks for taking the time to play @Dragos_Drakkar

3 Likes

Glad to have helped in some small way, and good to know that it will be fixed. Good work so far, hope to see more in the future.

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s on your To-Do, but if you meet your weight goal, you get disappointed at moving away from it instead of getting a new goal.

You currently weigh 182 pounds. You’ve gained some weight since the last time you stepped on the scale. Specifically 1 pounds. You feel discouraged by your recent weight gain as you move away from your goal weight of 182.

I like the framework you’ve set up and it looks like it’ll turn out good :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just asking to make sure, but will you continue to put out new demos of this game here, or will they be exclusive to any Patreon that may or may not be made in the future?

2 Likes