The Growing King

I’d foremost like to personally thank all those who played The Growing Prince either via here or Weightgaming.com.
The response I had to the project was nothing more than amazing and I’m so happy I managed to get it made in the time frame I had but not only that the game was made for as a birthday present for my best friend who enjoyed it so much he commissioned a sequel.
I shall be starting development on the project on Monday morning and I hope to get it fully developed with 3 weeks time frame.
There will be new features in The Growing King including more character models, more background artwork, multiple choice dialogue options and a longer story mode with deeper darker story arcs.

Update 12/8/19: Work has begun on new artwork and shall hopefully be finished up by Sunday 18th August.
Update 17/8/19: Linework has been finished and colouring work has started on artwork.
Update 7/10/19: had to start from scratch and I am past point of previous update.
Update 3/11/19: Redrew a few background scenes for a brighter colour pallet, I am also seeking better music than my current choice.
Update 23/12/19: Audio abandoned due to copyright concerns but good news is that the game will be released on Christmas Eve and I’ll begin work on a new project soon.
Final Update: Game is finally released, sorry it took a while folks :slight_smile:
Update 27/3/24: Game is now downloadable via my itch page and a cover image has been created for here.

Game is Available via Itch:
The Growing King by Axxisproductions (itch.io)

The Growing Prince can be found here:
https://forum.weightgaming.com/t/the-growing-prince-axxis-submission/5331/18

10 Likes

YES!!

I’M SO EXCITED! I can’t wait!

2 Likes

Update 18/8/19 - All artwork is finished and programming and development has begun.

1 Like

Update 7/10/19 - I apologize for the lack of updates folks, I literally had to start the game from scratch on a new computer as well as deal with recently busy IRL too, I am still working on the game and shall hopefully have it up in the next few weeks or so.

3 Likes

The concept to the game sounds really good.

for some reason the growing prince link doesn’t work

try it now good sir, it should be working.

Major Update Folks the game will be released on Christmas Eve!!!

2 Likes

Game is out now folks, sorry it took so long but it’s finally here on time for Christmas. If you wish to send feedback around the game be sure to leave it here in the thread and have a nice day :slight_smile:

I will be starting a new project in the new year.

I think there’s a mistake with your link, dropbox says the file doesn’t exist.

it’s all there dude so it should be ready to download.

No, I tried it too, the link doesn’t work, it just takes me to my main dropbox page with a red error message saying the folder doesn’t exist.

I’ll adjust the link tommorow guys, I may have copied the link wrong, I’ll get it fixed in the morning.

That’s odd, I uploaded it like last time, I’ll have to look into it in the morning.

1 Like

Link updated, game is now available hopefully :slight_smile:

1 Like

After years of putting it off and almost forgetting about it, The Growing King is now available via Itch for a new audience to enjoy, I have also added a cover image to this forum post using the original asset of King Matthew.
It took me a long time to get around to this as I was trying to find the original file as the original game was made 2 whole computers ago and is unable to be edited on Tyranno Builder.
I do have a big project revolving the game coming up later this year for you all to hopefully stay tuned and enjoy :slight_smile: