The House on Hog Hill - CHAPTER TWO REDUX PUBLIC RELEASE IS NOW LIVE!

Holy shit ending 3 got me so fucking hard I went from Lord Deez to Lord DIAMONDS.

It’s like you reached into my brain and scooped out the exact combinations of kinks necessary to give me a euphoria-induced heart attack.

Bravo to you sir, I will be hawking your career with great interest.

1 Like

The nerd ending seems to break the game for me. At a certain point i just get stuck at a black screen with half a paragraph and it doesn’t let me do anything. The only way to get off the screen is to completely close the window.

Odd, it worked fine for me

Could you maybe post a screenshot of the paragraph it freezes on? It seems to be working for everyone else, so I’m not sure why it’d be broken for you.

Meet Kimmy, soon-to-be-resident of Hog Hill.

Expect the ‘Chapter Two’ update sometime towards the end of the month! Can’t wait to show all of you what I’ve been cooking… :smiling_imp:

22 Likes

Finally finshed Chapter1 my ending ranking: 3,6,1,4,TE,2, and 5
*TE stands for true ending

Summary

I wish that pizza delivey person was me

2 Likes

Hi there!
I’m experiencing the same thing (not able to launch the app on a Mac OS).
I’m not too sure if this helps any, but apparently there have been some issues with RPGMaker MV for MacOS (Big Sur) onward. RPGMaker MZ deployed games are thought to be okay.

If you don’t mind following a stranger’s link on the internet, here’s something a little more official:

1 Like

A game with potential, Im normally not into rpg-maker games but this one stands out due to horror style
I just hope chapter 1 shows an alternative path, and not something the later chapters will follow up on with some extended content

1 Like

Thanks for the link, I was totally unaware! Very, very disappointed that they’ve just dropped support for macOS altogether. I want as many people to be able to play this game as possible. When I have the time I’ll see if I can find any workarounds/fixes because that suuucckks

I’d say Chapter 1 is fairly different from upcoming chapters, in both tone and content, which is why it takes place in a dream and not the real world. The bad endings are always gonna be extreme/niche/weird but the main path is gonna be more subdued and slow burn, at least for a while.

2 Likes

Just remake it in vx ace jk

where are bad ends 4 and 5?

If I recall correctly
Ending 4: there are two bedrooms, each has a carpet in front of it in that hallway. One of the bedrooms happen to have a vhs in it…
Ending 5: in the other bedroom, the one where you find the sheet music, there is a cloth covering something, maybe if you remove it you’ll find someone…

@LupusGamer was close, but ending 4 is the one in the bedroom to the right, and ending 5 can be found by interacting with an item that changes position after you pick up the sheet music and go back into the living room.

THATS CORRECT

I remember now, I was at work on my phone when I replied, my bad…

1 Like

Small update for you all:

TEASER10

The bad end system is getting completely overhauled for the next release. No more game overs, and you can now replay each bad ending to your heart’s content.

Went back and forth over whether to do this, I really like the idea of game overs from a narrative/horror standpoint, but considering how many bad endings the game is going to have… I think it’s kinda necessary.

The most exciting thing about this change, IMO, is that the game is now keeping track of what endings the player has and hasn’t seen. I’m not gonna say anything more than that, but I’m sure some of you already have some ideas of how I’m gonna use that to my advantage :shushing_face:

30 Likes

Just played through Chapter 1 and really enjoyed it! I agree with others that it can be very painful to redo a bunch of progress to find the bad endings, as fun as they are. Glad to hear that the next update has overhauled that system! I’ll be looking forward to it!

1 Like

Hey there, everyone! Next update won’t be out this month like I hoped. It’s very nearly done, the bulk of the main path is finished- Just needs a tiny bit more time to cook.

As always, some little teases to whet your appetite:

Stay tuned!

22 Likes

you know i wonder its counter productive i know but i wonder if there will be a way to avoid weight gain in this game i guess you could say the “best ending” route or something lol

3 Likes

i actually enjoyed this despite not being a big horror fan myself, i am looking foward for chapter 2

2 Likes

79fpms

18 Likes