The House on Hog Hill - CHAPTER TWO REDUX PUBLIC RELEASE IS NOW LIVE!

That’s fair! I appreciate your inclusion of male weight gain! This game is way up my alley aesthetically so I’m all for it

2 Likes

Darn i actually like it to but its hard to find drawings of it you know anyone that has drawn art of that stuff?

I’m a big fan of horror fetish games, and I appreciate that you largely kept an unsettling atmosphere. Sound design was nice in that regard, as was the measured pace. If this is chapter 1, it is really solid!

To that end, though, I feel like the interior of the house could have been a bit smaller. A bit more claustraphobia and a more dense map probably would’ve given me both a bigger feeling of “what the hell is going on” while also saving on a lot of the walking from left to right again when searching for interactables that I may have missed, which did take me out of it at times.

I have other thoughts that are relatively minor, but honestly, if the next installment looks similar, I will probably be pleased again. I look forward to seeing what you do with this project next!

1 Like

i really love this and cant wait for more a lot of things are well done while of course some things could be done better because i had no idea you could move the trash can and i would never had guess were the room to get the nerd ending was. also i really like there farts in this because i lot of wg i feel never really include them and just have burps . don’t get me wrong i can understand why some don’t put that in but it always nice to see it in there.

This game was fantastic! Really enjoyed the hell out of it, and am excited to see more! Just had one question-

For the mirror endings… Do you think there might be more permanent changes in figure playing for the future? Them being stuck with a big ass or flabby face for the majority of the game sounds really fun.

5 Likes

Hey, does anyone know how to get bad ends 1-3 and also how to stop getting ending 6?

ending 1 try and go to the pool before you have the item you need
ending 2 haha, moo
ending 3 the single tile square carpets on the ground inside the house signify a door to another room
how to avoid ending 6 I usually stand by the poker table until the big man comes and then I run around the side they are not. Also make sure you are dashing or have always dashing turned on in the settings

6 Likes

Mixed bag here. As far as quality in general, miles above many things on this site. It’s easy to write off “another rpgmaker game”, but this one obviously has more in common with classic silent hill/res evil style horror. The phone save points are both frustrating and completely natural lol. The art style is grim but charming, and the tone overall is dark but appealing, with the beginning definitely leaving you wanting to see more of the story/world.

My opinions are not inherently correct, but what is the point of voicing comment on a product or art like a game without expressing your opinion of it.

Things I loved:
As I implied before, I did really like some things about this game. The gameplay is simple but intuitive, the art is grim but charming, and the tone is set at a very good place for what the game wants to be. However, that does partially lead into my less positive feelings about it.

Things I didn’t like:
This game isn’t really for me. One of the biggest reasons simply being the overall concept and tone, as I don’t tend to like overly dark tones in my fetish media in general, it can be very hard to make a true horror game that is also trying to be hot sometimes in my opinion. I will give credit that it is able to achieve both those things, I enjoyed a lot of the game from a horror and story perspective, and some of the game from a weight gain fan perspective. But personally, I struggle to mix those, and am not one to relish in the bad end hunt the game can be at times, especially when some of the bad ends some people may find hot I would be genuinely disturbed by. Also, I just really don’t care for male weight gain in the slightest, so I don’t love seeing it, especially having to interact with fat male characters during a certain part to progress.

Aside from just recognizing the game isn’t really for my tastes, there are only two things I’d give strong criticism towards that I hope the dev works on.
The chase scene near the end of the demo is kind of a buggy messy. It’s fun and scary, but it’s a coinflip between stupidly easy and you can run circles around them, to frustratingly difficult if you get in a bad position because of how their sprite size and movement pattern work. Also, maybe I’m stupid but the first time or two I genuinely wasn’t sure where I was supposed to go until I realized I could get around them by being cheesy about it. And while I appreciate a save place right before the chase, I loathe sitting through the bad end or even just redoing some gameplay and cutscenes if you lose, not to mention having to redo the chase if you somehow lost at the SECOND part of the chase. Also, I wish there was a save spot after the chase, even if there isn’t honestly much to the demo after that, just because if somehow you lost progress, redoing all of the chase and dialogue is a pain in the butt.
The last complaint is kind of minor given how good the game generally is, but it’s worth mentioning. I really hope the story goes somewhere interesting, because currently there’s some really cool atmosphere and world building with characters and events we see, but honestly the diary pages paint a much more boring and generic story. How am I supposed to take “generic town where people seemingly get fat as hell for no reason” fetish game horror seriously when there’s also a giant fat mutant that tortures you, assuming you survived the monstrous tentacles that want to drown you.

Overall it’s largely a well-made game with only minor technical problems and a pretty decent story/world, but not really one for me unless I looked at it purely in a horror-fan perspective.

3 Likes

I’m sorry I’m being knit picky, but you can go back to the right bedroom and save after the chase before the fridge.

Also, for those that want to get out of certain bad endings, because I have played some rpgmaker games where it puts me in scenario I don’t like, there I almost always a key bind to the f keys that boots you back to menu. This has saved me plenty of times from having to watch an ending or quitting out of the game and going back in and I figure there may be some people out there that may not know about and this is not directed at anyone in particular.

2 Likes

I feel like I must be missing something because for the life of me I can’t get ending 2. I know what it involves but don’t know what I’m supposed to do.

1 Like

Maybe not the majority of the game, but I love the idea of isolated body part weight gain so much that you can be sure it’ll show up again down the line.

3 Likes

Super nice of you to say, thank you!

Yeah, I know the tone and content is gonna be not for a lot of people, and that’s totally fine! The whole game is really a niche, within a niche, within multiple niches, lol. Obviously that’s something that isn’t gonna change, but I totally understand if people find it off-putting. I hope the warnings are sufficient for letting people know what they’re signing up for at the very least.

Yeah, this is something I really need to focus on balancing better in the future. I definitely don’t want people to have to sit through the same cutscene over and over again for gameplay sections where it’s easy to lose the first few times. The bad endings aren’t going away, but I want them to be fun, not frustrating.

Gonna be as vague as possible here, but there is definitely a reason. Figuring out the ‘whys’ and ‘hows’ of the town is gonna be a major plot point throughout later chapters, this first one is just a taste!

4 Likes

Get bit by the cow by interacting with it through the fence at the top right of the map, and walk all the way to where you pick up the pool skimmer to trigger the event.

2 Likes

That’s funny, I thought it was timer based, since I walked over there the first time I did that ending

2 Likes

Really… really liked this. The whole thing.

Wishing you the best for the next chapters! I’ll be ready continue on this adventure.

3 Likes

That was great! I played through all the endings, and like a resident of Hog Hill, I just wanted more. Horror WG is one of my fav genres, so I’m really excited to see what comes next!

3 Likes

Very intriguing. Not everything was my cup of tea but the presentation is nice.

Did have a glitch where the music cut out for a bit and didn’t come back until I left the attic

1 Like

I have a question as well.

I have found the Camera in the plant after getting the hint. How do I watch the cameras VHS? Wheter I have the staropera in the inventory or not seems to make no difference.

Oh and something else. The staropera VHS appears in the inventory unlike every other picked up item.

Just finished the first chapter with all endings, you sir are a massive genius and I think this’ll be this sites GOTY when it’s complete, I’m really looking forward to the future progress of the game.

5 Likes

You can’t watch the camera VHS, it’s currently unfinished content.

2 Likes