The Lipomancer's Ruins [v1.4 out Now!]

It’s update time, ladies and gentlemen!

Sorry for being a bit slower on the updates than usual today, this update is a bit bigger than all the previous ones. Also I actually had a chance to go out and do things today.

The boss fights you have to complete before being able to reach the Lipomancer are complete. I also added a Shop to the courtyard with a few rare items the help you prepare for the Boss Fight! Other than that, this update has mostly been optimization and bug fixes, as well as some other stuff.

So, wizard feather ack, here is the latest update:

Lipomancers Ruins v0.6.zip (131.0 KB)

Good luck and happy hunting!

4 Likes

Say, are there any special conditions to unlock the courtyard ending? I just seem to be getting the regular immobile ending

3 Likes

Also i found a bizarre glitch, if you set up camp and use weight loss potions to kill yourself, the game gets confused and puts you in the courtyard with negative hp

3 Likes

Had a funny feeling I was gonna mess something up as usual. I’ll have a patch out in a jiffy.

As for the camp glitch, may take a bit to figure out how the h e c k that happened.

It happens in the Camp, right?

1 Like

Yeah, it seems harmless enough, it only warps you straight to the courtyard and resting fixes the hp issue.

1 Like

I can’t seem to replicate the glitch. Does it only happen after you’ve reached the courtyard?

1 Like

Here, see if this one causes any issues for you. I couldn’t replicate the glitch the way you described it, so I can’t be certain if this is a good enough fix.

Lipomancers Ruins v0.6.0.1.zip (131.0 KB)

3 Likes

Buying cakes from the courtyard warps you back to the village

2 Likes

Ok, I’m fairly confident that that is the only other big glitch.

Hopefully.

Here’s another patch.

Lipomancers Ruins v0.6.0.2.zip (131.0 KB)

3 Likes

Damn dude

4 Likes

Dag nabbit.

P A T C H
A
T Lipomancers Ruins v0.6.0.3.zip (131.0 KB)
C
H

3 Likes

Well…

4 Likes

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAApatch

Lipomancers Ruins v0.6.0.4.zip (131.0 KB)

5 Likes

the first guy in the tower is… strong :smiley:

1 Like

"As you are exploring the ruins, you come across a sculpture of what looks like the disembodied paw of a monkey.

There is a plaque below it which reads:

In memory of Scoffles. You should be careful what you wish for.

…What a weird memorial."

That’s awesome. :grin: Will definitely be keeping a close eye on this going forward!

3 Likes

Whenever the lunch monster heals, it happens again

1 Like

I’m guessing this isn’t supposed to happen.

1 Like

Existence is pain. This is fine. At least I have an excuse to nerf the BG a little, as well as rework some of the potions for balance reasons.

patCH

wait shit, gotta fix another thing

Ok, now paTCh

Lipomancers Ruins v0.6.0.5.zip (131.1 KB)

3 Likes

The lunch boss also seems rather difficult, even when i shed 40-50 pounds, the boss still makes me gain more weight than i can shed, this makes the healing potions not really worth it with how little they heal and how much they fatten you up

2 Likes

This is a valid argument. There will definitely need to be some big changes to the bosses (and potions) to balance them.

I’ll have that done in the next patch or update.

2 Likes