The Lipomancer's Ruins [v1.4 out Now!]

I beated all 3 of them, but after defeating the dinner boss, i end up refighting her again.
Is this intentional? I ask because last time, there was an ending for entering the tower.

Also when i lost, i got the breakfast ending.

2 Likes

Gonna be honest, I may have rushed this update out too quickly.

Currently, the Dinner Guardian is the last fight in the current game, but it shouldn’t loop.

I’ll have a patch out that fixes all that shortly.

2 Likes

There is technically only one ending for dying to the Guardians. But it would seem that I botched the code that set the unique flavor text for each one.

For now, I’m just gonna scrap that out since it’s a bit late to rework it.

There are, however, unique Immobility Endings for each Guardian.

1 Like

That explains a lot, i’ve only gotten the immobile ending from lunch because of what i previously stated

1 Like

Have a patch. Please don’t break it too horribly.

Lipomancers Ruins v0.6.0.6.zip (131.6 KB)

2 Likes

I’ll try i guess, but don’t expect anything

1 Like

What did i say
And that also happens with the lunch guardian

2 Likes

As well as the dinner boss

1 Like

I’m apparently tired. used a $s instead of a " "s

Also I forgot to actually finish the patch.

I think I broke myself.

Have a patch. Don’t break it or I’ll have to sacrifice you to the Emperor Pudding to restore my power.

Lipomancers Ruins v0.6.0.7.zip (131.6 KB)

3 Likes

lol

Well too bad, i found another one, i swear i’m not doing this intentionally

Can’t continue after using item
Can’t use healing potions because they are apparently weight loss potions

2 Likes

I am definitely tired. Or going mad.

Or both.

Time to rip the whole system I made apart and replace it with a more bloated, but less break-prone system.

See you in 10 minutes.

2 Likes

PAAAAAAAATCHHH

Lipomancers Ruins v0.6.0.8.zip (131.8 KB)

2 Likes

I’m not sorry

2 Likes

Say no more, patch is on the way that will fix that bug and the other two that you are about to comment about.

EDIT: Not even giving it a different name. That’s too much work for the night.

Lipomancers Ruins v0.6.0.8.zip (131.8 KB)

2 Likes

Ha Ha

I can use items but the previous issue is still there
It’s worth mentioning that i actually have infinite weight loss potions by using this option

Also was this intentional?

2 Likes

You know what? I’ll fix it tomorrow. It’s almost 11 and I’m clearly not in a sound state of mind.

Anyways, here’s a patch that fixes those glitches.

Lipomancers Ruins v0.6.0.9.zip (131.8 KB)

I’m going to bed.

6 Likes

Have a goonight! I’m really busy with classes (finals this week) so I’ll try to give it a few days of patching and be back to play the newest version later.

1 Like

Good morning! (laughs)

So about the glitch i told you earlier, i understand it better now, so what usually happens is that in the courtyard starving yourself will just reset you to your original weight.

…except this happened when i was trying to get the lipomancer endings, this was the second time i used this metod to access them, the first time it went along just fine.

2 Likes

(laughs even more)

2 Likes

I have a feeling that the difficulty of the game is rather hard, especially since health is tied to your weight, but it also opens the path to getting immobilized while fighting against the guardian.

Either the player can somehow find a way to be able to handle greater weights (more mobile), or simply a flat-out increase to max health without impacting the weight factor.

2 Likes