The Lipomancer's Ruins [v1.4 out Now!]

Also is there a purpose to weight-loss potions? I can’t seem to use it from the inventory, and I tried bringing with me and then getting a ruins ending to see if I can use it then, but no dice.

That is a major screwup on my part, thank you for letting me know. That bug will be fixed in the next update or patch.

EDIT: Turns out I set the Drink button to only appear if you have 2 or more instead of one or more. I swear I fixed that before v0.1 even came out, but I guess I forgot to. My bad.

I guess I’m spending tonight fixing that and finally redoing the coin-eating.

1 Like

Whoops well glad I mentioned it. So is there an ending tied to it? I’m trying to figure out if I should get big and then buy two

Nope, they are just there for if you want to lose a decent amount of weight without exercising a lot.

Unless you count the Exercise Ending, of course.

1 Like

Darn thought I might be on to something. 2 endings are still a total enigma to me :upside_down_face:

It’s pretty fun so far, though would it be possible to have the buttons be static instead of having them always move up and down depending on how much text is above? Maybe have them at the top?

3 Likes

…That is a good idea. Thank you for pointing out that I should do that.

Kinda embarrassing that I didn’t think of that, actually.

Edit: It’ll take a lot of rewriting, so it won’t happen next patch since there are a few more glaring bugs and workarounds I’d like to take care of first, but I’ll be getting to work on that as soon as 1.2.1 is out.

So I was able to get, just now, all 8 endings, which I think I didn’t skip any? Either way, I also got an unofficial 9th ending where I did literally nothing and ate the villagers out of house and home, literally only hitting the Rest button and never even thinking about the ruins. Pretty cumbersome to get, but being bigger definitely makes it easier! The only reason I’m not spoiling it is cuz it only gives you one of the actual endings currently, not it’s own special ending.

2 Likes

Alrighty, v0.2.1 is complete and, in retrospect, it’s definitely not just a patch considering it has three whole kilobytes over v0.2. I added a ton(haha) of new flavor text, as well as a few random events that may happen at higher weights while you are in the village. There is also not a new secret ending, among other things.

Anyways, here’s v0.2.1

Lipomancers Ruins v0.2.1.zip (102.3 KB)

As usual, the full changelog can be found in the menu.

1 Like

OK, I give up, how do you get the apple endings?
I got into a fight with the monster, traded some hits and then started to eat apples. I’ve eaten 80 apples, still have more in my inventory and the Monster hit me and got me immobilized. Even after all that, I still got the regular ending.

1 Like

Hang on, let me make 100% sure that the Endings aren’t somehow broken, then I’ll get back to you on that.

EDIT: Ok, so as it turns out, I’m an idiot and didn’t notice a glitch. Apologies for wasting your time with unreachable endings, here’s a patch to fix it.
Lipomancers Ruins v0.2.1.1.zip (102.4 KB)

1 Like

Same thing, now just 50 apples though, and the same result.
Also noticed that the shopkeeper now is no longer pleased when you bump into something, no matter how big you get.

1 Like

Just tested it again. Yep, another screwup in the code. Have another patch. You shouldn’t have to eat nearly as many apples to find the endings. 3 or so should do if you eat them mid-combat.

Lipomancers Ruins v0.2.1.2.zip (102.4 KB)

I have no idea how this ending got so broken since the last time I checked it.

I somehow ended up with -1 apples. I honestly don’t know how for sure, although I did notice that the game was seemingly letting me eat an apple for free the first time I picked the eat an apple option in combat (I noticed that it let me eat 4 when I know that I only had only bought 3)

1 Like

Ah yes, reason #3 for why I do not put buttons above text. It makes you able to eat negative apples.

Now that I’m done having a mini-conniption, here is yet another patch.

Lipomancers Ruins v0.2.1.3.zip (102.4 KB)

3 Likes

@Somchu just wanna say your dedication to fixing these as fast as possible is noticed. Thank you for your efforts and for making an enjoyable game! Don’t be afraid to chill a bit before v0.3 haha

3 Likes

Thank you for your support. I’m pretty sure I’ve stomped out the bugs from v0.2.1 for now, so it should be safe enough for me to take a day or so off to avoid burnout. Or to brainstorm what I should work on for v0.3.

1 Like

Edit: You know how I said I’d take a day or so off before updating?

I lied >:)

Hello again, I am back with another update! This time I fleshed out the Ruins, adding a combat system that isn’t just a really fancy coin flip, and the first non-combat encounter!

So without further adios, here is the latest update:

Lipomancers Ruins v0.3.zip (103.6 KB)

As usual, the full changelog can be found in the Main Menu.

Good luck, and happy hunting!

Ninja Edit: Found a game breaking glitch right after I posted. The version posted on this post should work now.

Edit to the Edit: Then I found another big glitch. I should really test more rigorously.

This time I actually tested to make sure there were no more flubs.

There were flubs. There were many flubs.

3 Likes

It’s only been 4 hours, but I already added a bunch more stuff.

Send help.

Anyways, there is now a Statistics page on the Main Menu, as well as more encounters and yet another Ending!

So, without further doobedobedoba, I present v0.3.1:

Lipomancers Ruins v0.3.1.zip (105.9 KB)

Good Luck, and Happy Hunting!

P.S. It just occurred to me that I forgot to do a test run.

Again.

Hopefully nothing is broken. But just in case, I’ll edit this post if I find anything.

EDIT: I think I’m a bit tired.

Turns out I completely forgot to make one of the new events reachable this update. So I decided to fix that, and also do some slight edits to make reaching the new Ending a little less difficult.

Here you go:

EDIT: internal screaming

Fixed the glitch that literally makes the game unplayable because there’s no Inn.

Also the price for swords and shields was set to 50, so you could end up with -30 coins if you bought one.

This is fine, everything is fine.

Lipomancers Ruins v0.3.1.1.zip (106.3 KB)

I really, really need to stop releasing untested content.

2 Likes

Ok, all those patches above?

They are bad patches and should feel bad.

Now this patch. This patch right here?

Lipomancers Ruins v0.3.1.2.zip (106.3 KB)

This patch is real nice.

Also, sorry for all the bumping of this thread. Every time I fixed an old glitch, a new glitch would always appear right under my nose. Probably because this game has been built on far more than I originally anticipated, and the foundations just can’t handle it.

Not that that means I’ll stop updating this game for that reason. The game just has to suck it up.

9 Likes