The Lipomancer's Ruins [v1.4 out Now!]

Thank you for pointing out that grammar error, as well as the other issues. This is what happens when you make a game with 2 updates in 36 hours or less.

Edit: Just kidding, I just suck at grammar apparently.

And speaking of updates…

I have finally finished v0.3.2! This update adds the ability to drink Weight Loss Potions inside the Ruins, as well as a new chain of events that leads to 4 new Endings! I also did an experimental rework of Exercising and initiating Exploration, though I may remove it if you guys hate it.

Without further doobooitydee, here is the latest update:

Lipomancers Ruins v0.3.2.zip (111.7 KB)

As always the full update list is in the Changelog.

Good luck and happy hunting!

3 Likes

So, I’ve found another minor bug. In the stats menu
It says “You ate ([however many]* + [however else many]*)”
*Numbers in brackets are, like, specific numbers, they don’t literally show up as words in brackets
I feel like you probably just have the + sign in quotes or something, so that should be an easy fix.
Also, if you haven’t eaten any of them, it still says the whole “And then you ate 0 of them, you greedy little pig” bit.
Edit: I also haven’t seen any evidence of the four new endings, but it’s possible that I just haven’t played it enough yet.
Edit 2: I feel like a jerk for giving you more to do, but exercise needs rebalancing, because after a certain weight, it’s basically impossible to lose weight.

@Somchu

“You waddle your way through the ancient ruins…
As you are exploring the ruins, you come across a sculpture of a taco.
On the sculpture, there is a plaque that says:
“In honor of the first (recorded) successful Apple Hunter”
…What a weird sculpture.”

This is the coolest thing ever! Thank you so much!!!

5 Likes

Really cool update so far, just wish I had an inkling of where to look for the new endings lol

hi! long time lurker, first time poster. love this game so far, and i think the new endings are pretty great. for those confused on how to get them: you can now use weight loss potions in the ruins for a reason

speaking of which, i think the counter is wrong because 9 + 4 = 13, unless you added another ending that isn’t in the changelog

another, more petty thing i want to point out: “the lipomancer snaps your fingers” in the loose lips ending should probably be “the lipomancer snaps her fingers”

and an actual bug: the back button is completely broken on the why are you playing this game ending, unless that was intentional to stop people like me from cheesing to get to the lipomancer route more easily, in which case, good work

1 Like

I feel so accomplished. . . I have gotten all fourteen of the endings in the game thus far. I’ve got a bad memory, but if peeps need help with the endings, I’ve at least done it. and here’s my proof bby.winner

2 Likes

I do have a quick hint for anyone interested: There’s only one new mechanic added to the update. What was it again? :thinking:
Spoilered even though it’s not that spoiler-y just in case.
EDIT: I can reply with a list of actual tips on this topic if anyone’s interested.

I have a few suggestions for the game, just spit balling ideas out there.

1. Trackable endings - Just so we know which endings we have gotten and which ones we still need to get (a “Hall of Fame” of sorts). I feel like it’s possible since all the endings already have names and are sort of tracked currently.

2. When enemies feed you, I think it would be cool if they could lose health from losing a part of themselves to your stomach. Maybe increase their starting health to balance this (it will make getting some endings a bit harder though as the enemy may die out).

That’s about it for my ideas right now. Everything is great so far and I’m really quite enjoying this game!

2 Likes

I’d like to second the trackable endings, it was quite tricky finding the last ending I needed.

1 Like

That is actually something that already happens with the Puddings. I didn’t add it to the Pastry People though, since I figured they’d be able to carry some more food around other than just their bodies.

However, I may or may not be adding an option to attempt to eat a target in the future (which would basically be an auto-hitting special attack, which comes at the cost of gaining weight faster while using it). We’ll have to see how that goes.

As for the 9+4=14 thing, I accidentally previously miscounted my number of endings. There were 10 before this update.

Also, all of the hints on where to find the newest endings have been accurate.

2 Likes

HAHA! Just got all 14 endings! Gotta love that apple immobility double ending count :wink:
And here’s my proof!
The 4 new endings have to be the best so far! Definitely worth getting them!
I’m still interested in writing a guide for them

1 Like

Nope, she breaks your fingers.

That’s the ending. Congratulations on finding the “Lipomancer Breaks Your Fingers Like a Twig” Ending.

But in all seriousness, that will be fixed very Soon

Yes, that was totally completely intentional.

Definitely.

Absolutely.

In all seriousness, that shouldn’t be a problem in the next update, since I removed the 50/50 chance of not unlocking the Lipomancer Endings path for lore reasons. Though the Back button will probably still be broken.

2 Likes

The new update is finally here!

The main selling point of this update was originally going to be the addition of an Ending Tracker in the Main Menu, but that felt like something that wasn’t worth making a whole update for.

So I also added the ability to Eat the food monsters.

So, without further a-doot, here is v0.3.3:

Lipomancers Ruins v0.3.3.zip (112.6 KB)

As always, further details of the update are in the Changelog.

Good luck and Happy Hunting!

1 Like

I know it’s been less than ten minutes, but I made an oopsie. I speed ran the exercise ending and this happened on my stats page.oops

I think I might’ve managed to burn off those pounds tho…

1 Like

Ah yes, it would seem that I dun goofed.

As for the pounds, that is working as intended.

Here, have a patch.

Lipomancers Ruins v0.3.3.1.zip (112.8 KB)

1 Like

Why thank you for the patch, my fine fellow. I do enjoy this game of yours and appreciate how vigilant you are when it comes to patches and bug fixes.

2 Likes

As you are exploring the ruins, you come across a statue of a rather plump and regal looking individual.

On the sculpture, there is a plaque that says:

“In memory if the Queen, who’s fingers were broken by an angry Witch. Now she will sadly never be able to use them to rub her belly or count to 14 again…”

…What a weird memorial.

lol

4 Likes

Dangit. I’ll fix that next update.

Which should come out later today.

1 Like

… how many fingers do you have?

2 Likes

None anymore, they’ve all been broken.

3 Likes