The Lipomancer's Ruins [v1.4 out Now!]

ok. thanks for the tips!

1 Like

imo though, there should be at least some vague hints of what to do for the endings, cause otherwise you flail around until something happens, because as you said, theres a lot of rng involved.

1 Like

also i think theres a bug with the sword and shield, since i bought them once and never had to again

1 Like

Patch

Lipomancers Ruins v0.3.5.1.zip (117.8 KB)

Turns out I accidentally optimized a bit too hard.
Also, I typo’d and realized my mess up.

2 Likes

so ive gotten 3 apple endings, fattened by golem, killed golem, dying and fattened in the dungeon, fattened at camp, gluttonous sacrifice, starvation, coin pouch, dev ending, and the not-an-ending. what else am i missing?

2 Likes

Camp and Dungeon Immobility are technically counted as the same ending.

Currently, you are missing one Cake Golem ending, and the Starving in the Dungeon path Endings if I read that correctly.

Also, congratulations on cheating down the least honest path.

1 Like

also how do i start lipomancer route. ik i have to be low weight in the dungeon but idk what else im supposed to do

1 Like

Weight loss potions can be used in the Ruins.

i know that but do i have to get a certain encounter for it to start?

1 Like

Just use em whenever you can in the Ruins

There are some actions that you can take that make it impossible to collect the non-ending, as far as I can tell, at least. I’m too completionist to survive this.

Edit: Also, I think that if you can only exercise four times per day (maximum) while in the village, the same should probably apply at a camp in the Ruins

Edit 2: I found a related bug
If you exercise yourself to deathly low levels of weight while in a camp, the event text is the same as if you had drank a weight loss potion, including mentioning the weight loss potion multiple times.

Edit 3: I feel like a jerk for pointing this out, but there’s no reason to have two separate messages tell the player that they’re too tired. Instead of one for exercise and one for exploring, you can just make one message that mentions both.

1 Like

Correct

That should be how it works, unless I messed something up.

Oh nuts, forgot about that. I should probably fix that.

Good idea.

1 Like

In regards to my first edit and your second reply: That is, it seems, not how it works. I’ve exercised many, many times in a row without it forcing me to rest.

On a tangentially related note, resting in the Ruins should have a chance to cause some type of encounter or other. You are trying to sleep in a place full of food monsters and controlled by a Lipomancer, after all.

2 Likes

Funny how you should mention that.

I don’t want to risk extrapolating from that statement, but you’re kind of leaving me hanging. Feel free to keep your secrets until they’re implemented, though, if you’d like.

2 Likes

“Gluttonous Sacrifice”
Be honest, did you even go into the ruins before getting this Ending?

… I plead the fifth.

2 Likes

Alrighty, here’s a big 'ol update that kills 3 birds with a stone and a half.

Most of the Camp-related bugs should now be fixed, and there’s now a brand new event that fixed the rest.

So sans plus tarder, here’s the latest update:

Lipomancers Ruins v0.3.6.zip (119.5 KB)

As always, further details in the Changelog.

Good luck and long live the Emperor.

3 Likes

Death to the False Emper-!.. er, I mean, another update. You’re an absolute machine. And I’m only at 8 of 17 endings.

2 Likes

Better watch where you Rest if you keep spouting blasphemy like that my boi. The Emperor might hear you.

Anyways, I shall now acquire sleep.

3 Likes

I was wondering if you could somehow split up the sections where text is displayed and where you click to do actions?
It is kinda annoying how everything moves whenever something changes and it makes grinding up stuff for getting endings kinda difficult.