The Mystery of Bluff House--Updated

I would like to test it out if possible

2 Likes

I’d like to try this

2 Likes

I would like to try the game

1 Like

Oh, I’d absolutely love to test this game. It’s right up my alley!

1 Like

i would agree to test it, sounds fun

1 Like

I’d definitely be willing to try it out, if you’re still sending out links.

1 Like

did you get my replies to your link message about the TYPO’s?

1 Like

if you’re still sending links, I’d love to beta test!

1 Like

I’ve gotten a lot of interest about this game, and some really good feedback to boot. So, what I’ve decided to do is throw it out there into the wild with the understanding that it is still very much a work in progress. I’ll add the link to the first post to make it easier to find.

I’ve been updating and changing the game quite a bit, changes that are not live yet. I’m trying to build in more of an element of randomness, so that the game changes a little bit during each playthrough. I’ve also slashed the “pre-game” elements, trying to make it a lot easier to get to the good stuff. Eventually, I may add in either a bypass, so you can skip all of that, or an in-game reset, so that if you find an ending, you have the chance to just reset to that point of the story without having to completely start over. Whichever the case, that would be the last thing to add.

Again, I’ll stress this is a WIP, and there are likely to be a lot of spelling and grammer mistakes. I want to correct those, but I’m also interested in how the game makes you feel as you play. Is the story enjoyable? Does it make sense? Stuff like that.

Give it a play and let me know what you think. Thanks.

3 Likes

Just played for a while. Love the concept, and look forward to more. A few small issues. The monster you kill with a knife seems to go just a little too fast for me to be able to read it before it immobilized me. Also, the paintings don’t seem to take account of my weight, so my character was 480 pounds before looking at it, but the text claims I was fattened to 450 pounds. Finally when getting to the basement it told me I looked at my wrist and saw “{b:{player.weight}.” Aside from those? Well done!

1 Like

Definitely a good start! Can’t wait t’see the finale.

1 Like

If you’re wanting gameplay feedback, I’m not personally fond of the frequent messages over time necessarily. I also grew somewhat annoyed at the items that seemingly appear and disappear at random, which I’m assuming is the game making real-time RNG rolls in the background to see if they appear or not.

I’m concerned if RNG is going to affect the game negatively for me if critical or important items won’t show up until I sit around and wait for them to appear. Waiting on dice rolls isn’t the most fun thing IMO.

Otherwise I really like the concept, and the writing’s pretty great. I would love to see some actual short scenes for the pictures though. Just saying “hey, here’s a person and she’s getting fat” is just… eh.

1 Like

This might just be me, but almost no textadventure game has been loading the last 24 hours, especially this game and both Sarah games

2 Likes

I also had that problem, but if you sign in you can download it, then play (and save) at your leisure.

2 Likes

Not that I had anything to do with it, but I’ve been checking. The server issue with the text adventure website has been corrected and online play is now working.

Since Critique is requested,
ALL OF THIS IS MY OPINION AND YOU ARE ALLOWED TO DISAGREE
I always do enjoy fetish horror, even if with titles like this I am very much a black hat player, high fiving the lady as we fatten up Chloe and I try to find every possible way for the lady to get her way. I think this is a very solid quest game, while I do personally prefer The Fat House which did a concept similar (Nothing that this game does wrong, I am just a “More bellies for the belly god” type person in these games), the only thing that i can really say against the game is that the bad ends feel underwhelming, I know they are meant to be bad ends, but given the precedent that bad ends tend to be sexy but final, the bad ends on display are a little underwhelming. Spoilers for one of the endings: I.E I genuinely thought the Paul ending was going to be Chloe living a life of luxury, waited hand and foot by Paul while the epilogue shows her either regretting it and trying to push it to the back of her mind, or eating as a means of coping with her decision, meanwhile the Lady gets a new mortal body to toy with and from Liz’s perspective she is then fed by her sister by the witch, a bad(if not karmic) end for the two protagonists. The Paul ending in this version (Playing on 12/17/2020) feels a bit off, only because the hell is a bit more blunt, instead of a potentially regretful Chloe finding a false happiness at the bottom of a pie tin, you just get “You’re Monster Paul’s fat slave, lol”. Overall, if I had to give the game a numeric rating, I’d give it a 7/10, very decent but not all that it could be, as I said before The Fat House(Even though I can’t find the thread here anymore) did this concept in a way that I preferred more, but I do see the quality in this game and I am excited to see what you do in future.

TL;DR Liked it, thought some things like the bad endings could be done better, but will keep an eye out for updates, and want more belly for the belly gods, reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

3 Likes

Now how did this little gem escape my gaze…

Hello, everyone. Thank you for the responses I’ve gotten. I’ve taken a lot of the feedback to heart, and I hope the game is better for it. This project started partly out of experimentation–wanting to see what I could do with the engine’s tools. A few notes:

• This is not a finished game. It’s not even a final draft. It’s very much a WIP, and while there are sections where the prose is complete, there are other sections with placeholder text. It’s a technique I use when I find myself unable to find the right words. I put down what I want to do with a scene so I have something to build from when I come back to it.

• If you’ve played my other game, I tried to play more with randomness in this. There are events that are entirely up to chance whether they trigger or not. I know some people don’t like that, but I will say that I was trying to evoke a sense of horror, that not every event is RNG-dependent, and the higher the character’s weight gets, the more likely those events are to trigger.

• By my notes, I’ve currently got five bad endings built into the game. There is a pause before each one, so if want to avoid an ending, you have a chance to undo your last action. There is no easy way that I know of in Quest to keep track of all the endings you’ve found. I think I will be able to “reset” the game after each bad ending, but it would have to be the last thing I put into the game.

• I would also like to add in a way to skip through the prologue so you can get straight to the action. It’s on my list of things to do. I’m not moving as fast at this as I would like. Unfortunately, my skill with something like this largely comes through trial and error, with liberal Google searches to pad out what I don’t know.

I appreciate any and all comments, suggestions, and criticisms. Thanks.

3 Likes

Well I managed to play through a good portion of the game, I enjoyed what I have seen so far.

The only issue I had was when I did the mirror the game had three code errors about moving to a different area (when you touch it the first time), though it still worked fine. Otherwise everything appears normal.

Edit: Possible idea, perhaps with certain objects after use you can add a second description after Like smashing the couch to pieces and reflecting on how obese you’re now.
Also during the mirror part before you can fall asleep if you talk to Paul before doing so, as the other food items presented some dialogue, he says nothing.

Well here is the only thread: A Halloween Text Adventure

Edit: Didn’t realize there is another game called that, so sorry in advance.