The Next Big Thing - Stuffing WG RPGMaker Game (Looking for more artists) v0.32 The Doubling Release

I really liked this game, considering it is FNF mixed with Vale City but with (imho) a better story, the writing is really well done and the concept yearns for exploration, my only problems were on Natural 3 it felt a little out of sync at points, and during the eating minigame, while i have seen some people complain about, I beat it on my second try. (My strategy was Pie, Cake, Pancake, Milkshake and ignore the others), my problem was the timer, since it kinda felt arbitrary to me. But other than that, I really hope you get that artist working with you and hope to see PLENTY more out of this game in future.

3 Likes

I figured it out! Pig Pie Cake Pancakes Ramen Smootie repeat!
that way it becomes way easier and i made over 50

2 Likes

Yeah once you realize itā€™s a non-random order it gets a lot easier to manage.

1 Like

Love the concept, love the execution so far.
The dialogue, as everyone has said, is very snappy and fun, the designs while simple get the job done, I admire how much art youā€™re trying to incorporate, and while I like RPG mechanics, I appreciate the rhythm game performances. Makes the game stick out even more.

The only real issues I had were that I couldnā€™t get the farthest left girl to eat during the minigame for some reason, Iā€™m limited to playing RPGMaker games on my phone using Joiplay which, for some reason, wonā€™t allow me to hit two directional inputs at once, and so I had to unfortunately use its built in cheats to get past the last rhythm section, and some of the art thatā€™s supposed to convey fullness instead comes across as fat (looking at you Samantha). Although that last oneā€™s kind of a nitpick and possibly not under your control.

Iā€™m cautiously excited for more from this game, and Iā€™m really rooting for Sam to get her victory over that darned vending machine.

3 Likes

in the eating part u need to hit all of em abit before it reaches em i would say try and click while its just above and almost at the part where it turns then u should get her to eat it

1 Like

Itā€™s a quirk with how RPGMaker processes tile coordinates, I think Iā€™ll revisit my implementation of the mini game, as well as make the starting ones easier with fewer people to look after

1 Like

Essentially the ramen needs to be eaten while it is still traveling south.

The minigame isnā€™t actually hard once you realize itā€™s non-random. Although, that leads me to wonder. What if the timings and aim windows were like twice as easy but it just WAS random. That might be more entertaining.

2 Likes

Played through the update and I am extremely impressed. This is so damn fine work. So much so I was sad when the message saying that was it popped up.

The side arcs with the mother are hilarious and it makes me think will she end up participating as well. She has a natural talent after all.

2 Likes

magnificent it is a masterpiece the idea is very original because I do not remember having seen something similar the art is impressive I have my suspicions that the artist behind some images of this work is the same as that of some bullshit or the artist is someone who works similar to him whether he is or not is a very good choice. I liked the motherā€™s story.
At the end I think I found a bug when the food minigame ends and you talk to Miss Peach and she says goodbye, the image does not disappear, she comes home, I talked to my mother, I slept and woke up and the image was still there, other than that I have no complaints, only if A suggestion would be great that the end of the demonstrations would provide a place where we could see events again, for example the scene of the mother with the cupcakes I liked it and I would not tire of repeating it an infinity of times,
P.S. sorry for my english if it is not understood it is not my original language

1 Like

Damn, too bad, sad reality

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed the game! If youā€™re looking for them, the artist that worked on Some Bullshit would be clinkoclinko, and while my game uses a similar ā€œportrait imageā€ concept during dialogue, (unfortunately) no art for this game was made by clinko. The list of artists that did work on this game can be found here:

2 Likes

Iā€™m losing my touch so before I could identify the artist by his drawing style, hahaha it means Iā€™m getting old and itā€™s funny why I follow everyone

1 Like

It certainly is, even more so after the minigame :smirk:

I hope that in the future she becomes a playable ally character.
So far sheā€™s the character that attracts me the most, for her speeches and her wonderful big hot body.

7 Likes

Yay, Emilyā€™s finally getting character art done!

As always, still looking for more artists to help with assets for the game!

14 Likes

The game keeps looking better and better. The demo was great, and the art looks fantastic. Looking forward to seeing more as development continues.

3 Likes

If you try to talk to the professor after the cafeteria class, her belly portrait gets stuck on screen and does not go away.

Overall, this game has some great promise. I like the DDR system for the showdowns though it does infuriate me. I think my keys are off in some way as some of the directions donā€™t register. Excited to see what comes with the next update.

1 Like

Best game Iā€™ve played on here in a while, if you lose the stuffing game then talk to the teacher again her photo will show up on screen and never leave

1 Like

Great game however, after talking to the teacher at the end of the cafeteria part the image of her belly would stay there even after closing the game and would make it hard to see.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing out the bug! The gameā€™s content at the moment does end on day 3 (if you havenā€™t spoken with mom the morning of the second day, thereā€™s a side quest there that you could go back and try!) so no worries about missing things after that!

Iā€™ll push out a bug fix for the issue soon!

Have a quick question for everyone, Iā€™m considering adding a plugin for outdoor lighting/godrays when the skyā€™s bright or when itā€™s morning. Do you guys think the change is good, or would you rather have the default lighting?

With plugin:

Without plugin:

• Yes, use the plugin!
  • No, default looks better!

0 voters