The Queendom of Corpula: A Weight Gain Visual Novel v0.5.1

This is the best surprise in my entire week, can’t wait to play it.

2 Likes

Just finished the new content it’s great. I love the introduction of a new character and Brenna looks cute and has an interesting storyline. She has some great content and honestly makes it hard to say which red text choice I like more at the moment. The introductions of a red text mechanic are interesting; I look forward to seeing where that goes in the future. Seeing the two different scenes that pop up from that is great. I see you are still wanting to add in the huntress or ranger character (at least the MC is still dropping hints about here, so I assume she is going to be added in). Will that be similar to Brenna where she is added in toward the beginning or are you looking to add in more characters and content past the current new content?

Is the old 0.3 content non canon or are you going to be filling in a stage and story between where 0.4 leaves off and the old 0.3 starts? (It seems like you are going to be adding in some story bits and maybe a stage between, but I’m curious)

I’m glad you liked it! To answer some of your questions…

Huntress is still going to be added to the game. I’m thinking of adding her more toward the beginning, but not quite as early as Brenna was incorporated into the story.

0.3 content is still canon, and exactly like you said I’ve got a whole new weight stage/story to make for Annora between her wt2 and wt4. I’ll definitely be making adjustments and expanding on the existing 0.3 content as I circle back around to that point in the story.

Speaking of expanding 0.3 content, one of the more ambitious goals I have is to actually create the scenes where Annora bursts her dress in front of the Corpulan and Emacian nobles rather than just getting the story second hand from Annora. It’ll definitely be a challenging sequence of renders with all the characters that would be present for that event, but I think the results will be well worth it.

1 Like

Loving the sound of all of that.

That sounds awesome, I loved the Brenna dress scene so I would love to see something like that. Just a thought the original story had Annora go out to meet the Emacian prince. With that scene in mind, it might be harder to make it make sense of why we would see it potentially. Would it make more sense to have him come a pay tribute to the Queen (that I assume we will meet sometime soon.). The prince would meet and finalize the marriage of his wife in her homeland. Especially since it’s a matriarchy. And instead of Annora having to relay a lot of what happen over there to us. Sir MC as part of her entourage is there to witness it. Having said that with what is mentioned in game about how he kind of treats people under him like crap and is not very levelheaded. It would make sense for the prince to call the marriage off there during that dress scene and insult Annora. Maybe Sir MC then defends her honor in front of her mother, and it puts them in a more likeable light to the Queen. (Cause let’s be honest guys we aren’t doing a good job as feast supervisor, and we need all the help for approval we can get).

2 Likes

First time player here, just felt I would weigh in with some feedback. So far, really enjoyed the experience, story is fun and doesn’t take itself too seriously and the characters are well designed in terms of personality, as in none of them are insufferable (well, after you get to know them aren’t). Adding to that, the models are fantastic, incredibly well done.
One minor gripe, it seems like your choices really don’t seem to make much of a difference other than a few different sentences of dialogue before it rejoins the main dialogue tree (with the exception of the red choice). Not only that, there are very few points were choices even come up. Now, as I said, it’s a minor gripe, but the way I see it if my choices don’t mean much and happen only rarely then what’s the point? This isn’t just an issue here, I’ve seen many VNs where the same thing happens.
It’s almost an internal conflict, you are telling an amazing story but you don’t want it to just be a storybook, so the illusion of choice is thrown in.
Maybe you have plans to make it more active, like tracking values and choosing where to visit throughout a day/night cycle, but if you don’t my humble suggestion is don’t be afraid to allow it to have a bit more “choose your own adventure” elements.
For example when given the option to offer more to Annora, if it’s too soon and she is reluctant it might go badly, or actually reflect the extra in the following scene. I do understand this is extra work on the renders, but I think it would help the project shine. Also, if needed, add more of the “red” choices, indicating an important change.
One more thing, which I’m going to try not to put in any spoilers as best I can, while I am down for what Annora is planning in the long term, I just hope if this is the path her own gains will not fall by the wayside. I might be in the minority here but I’m kind of frustrated by the amount of VNs that try to get you to build a harem, can I just focus my attention on one lady while having the others be side characters? Sorry, went on a tangent there, main point, Annora, if chosen via the RED option, should remember that while her intentions are wonderful, there should still be the drive for her to become the fattest ever, making sure none come close to her majesty.
Sorry for the massive post.

TLDR: Keep up the great work, loved what’s there so far.

1 Like

I just had great time to play this nice game. Thank you. Nice graphic, good dialogs, simply great game…

2 Likes

I’m glad you liked what’s here so far, and I appreciate your feedback. As far as more choices, that’s definitely something I want to incorporate eventually. I’m thinking of having x3 tiers of choices:

white = minor choice, at most the dialogue will be different for a couple lines and maybe 1 different image
blue = major choice, these will send you down one of two paths with different sets of images/dialogue, but those two directions end at the same point so that the overall narrative isn’t majorly affected
Red = critical choice, these are your game-changing decisions that will ultimately steer the narrative in a big way toward one of the different endings

As you mentioned, any time you create a significant choice, it’s more renders which is why I’ve only just now in v0.4 added the first truly critical choice that steers the plot. But you’re right, adding more choices, especially impactful ones, is what’s going to make QoC feel like something really special in this genre. It’s just going to take me years to get to that point! :joy:

As far as building a harem, don’t worry. My hope is that each critical choice steers you toward a unique story that focuses on one specific girl. Some stories/endings will end up with more fat girls than others though :wink:

6 Likes

As i expected, this game still holds the number 1 spot in my feedee game genre

The update is phenomenal, im loving Brenna so far and the choices mechanic really fleshed out the world around the game and contribute to the overall experience.

Im reading this “Huntress” that will be added in the game and i am whole heartedly excited of what the future holds

This is a great game Vrazz, sending chill and good vibes to ya

2 Likes

Amazing update :heart_eyes:

I cant wait to see what you think up/show next

2 Likes

Just played through for the first time, brilliant game. I’m liking the plans for the kingdom, it could open up alot more story options

2 Likes

The new content is awesome, this is still an amazing game. Great character designs, poses, backgrounds, dialogue, story. I am super into it and appreciate your hard work!

Just for the heck of putting in my own two-cents, regarding whether we are building toward a harem vs. focusing on one girl through exclusive decisions, my preference is almost always the harem route. I feel like real life is full of enough critical choices for my liking so fantasies are more satisfying when I get everything without sacrifice. Yeah, this is probably the more common approach for these games and I’m sure plenty of people want something more nuanced. Your vision of the game appears to leaning more toward those critical choices, which I admit at least improves replayability so you can experience different paths.

My primary hang-up with the choice is having someone get mad at me no matter what I choose, and while I realize this is a personal issue most probably won’t share and I might just sound crazy, this triggers anxiety that affects my enjoyment. As hot as both of the girl’s story paths are in the update, having the anger of one held over me inhibits my enjoyment of the chosen girl. I realize I am super sensitive to be affected by the emotions of fictional girls in a fetish VN, but I was genuinely taken-aback at just how angry they get when they don’t get what they want. When Annora yelled at me for depriving her of turkey, and later walked in on feeding time with Brenna and brought her disapproval into the scene, I was genuinely stressed. The turkey thing felt especially strange, because she doesn’t even eat it and I could have brought the rest to Brenna anyway. At least if you choose Annora in that scene you don’t get an immediate reaction from Brenna. But later, having to be accused of letting Annora take food out of Brenna’s mouth when she eats her pie, and having Brenna get progressively more frustrated at me as Annora enjoys herself is a buzz-kill. As I try to appreciate whom I chose, I have to face the disapproval of the other.

Again, maybe this is just a personal problem no one shares, but I thought it was worth bringing up. And I can’t know how you intend to resolve these states caused by your decisions in the future. But this is why I have zero problem with unrealistic harem situations where you can be with all the girls without any major conflicts.

TL;DR Great game except when girls got mad at me I got sad.

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate that perspective as it’s definitely not something I considered! I guess what I can say to that is…

I’m trying to write Brenna and Annora as opposing characters. These are two characters from two very different backgrounds. On one hand you have Annora who is a member of the royal family and on the other you have Brenna who is essentially a peasant. The difference in their backgrounds has made for significant differences in their worldviews.

Annora is kind and empathetic, although her noble upbringing definitely doesn’t require her to be (a la Genevieve). However, that’s not to say her upbringing didn’t give her some negative traits. Annora isn’t used to being told no; she is a princess after all. Generally, people aren’t successful in telling her no because she’s cute, attractive, and raised in a political environment that requires gently convincing subjects to work for the realm. That’s why she reacted angrily if you chose to refuse her request (and actually do your job as a feast supervisor lol).

Brenna is not only sweet-as-pie, she’s also an incredibly talented individual. It’s suggested early in the story, but later it becomes apparent that Brenna is probably one of the best cooks in the world. Because of her role as a royal servant, however, some of her creativity and talent is limited by royal regulation (e.g. rationing of food and ingredients). Moreover, perhaps even more so than Annora, Brenna likes to EAT! But unlike Annora, Brenna doesn’t get to eat as much and as often as she likes due to the rations system. The scene where Annora chows down on Brenna’s pie is a really important moment for Brenna. It’s the first time she has resentment against the royal family for their opulence. Why do they deserve to be able to eat whatever and whenever they want? Brenna’s the talent who’s actually making the food, after all.

I guess what I can say to your observations is it might seem like Annora and Brenna are angry at you personally for your decisions. However, I wouldn’t take it personally, as their emotions are the result of hundreds of years of growing tension between the noble class and the peasant class. The Corpulan nobles thought that solving the famine would reduce this tension, but the resulting excess of food has only made the nobility’s excess more apparent.

4 Likes

I feel ya. I agree in a fantasy/fetish situation especially involving weight more girls the better in my opinion. Technical harem or not. But I know it’s seen as the lazy or less well written optional normally and some people have an issue with not being faithful to a single girl. Which I can understand.

Regarding the first red text choice. It felt like choice Annora was lesser evil option. As brenna gets upset but not nearly the same way (and two different times) like Annora does when you chose Brenna.

I personally was hoping for an option to just come clean to Annora and let her know Brennas situation with her rations and frame it in a way, if necessary, that having her not limited on rations would allow her to experiment/cook better options. Like what she does with the pie. But that might be because it seemed like an easy no conflict route. And well more girls pleased the better for me :smirk:.

3 Likes

Interesting.

I’m sure this will be more apparent as we get to play further. And the story gets to show us more of the development between the two girl’s differing lifestyles and viewpoints. I like where you are going with that thought that makes sense from how you framed it in game. When given the context here.

1 Like

Then why not have the MC as the mediator between the two, to get them to understand each other better? It’s not difficult to appeal to Brenna’s skill as a cook, by saying that Annora absolutely loves her food, or to play on Annora’s empathy and goad her into increasing Brenna’s portions or allow her to also enjoy the fruits of her labour, under the pretense that it is to help increase Brenna’s skill and creativity.

1 Like

That definitely may be a choice at some point. We are still very early on in the story- lots of potential outcomes may unfold based on decisions made by the player.

3 Likes

Thanks for hearing me out! I know this new content is still early in the story, and I’m sure you will have creative and satisfying ways for us to resolve the tension with these two characters and progress their stories in the future. I also realize a well-written story needs conflict, and I think the perspectives and emotional reactions you’re giving to Annora and Brenna are consistent with this very imaginative setting you’ve created. I suppose if it’s hard for me to not take their frustrations personally, it’s because youve brought them to life so effectively already that I’m projecting my own issues with conflict onto them. That’s kind of neat and hope you take it as a compliment.

If there’s just one thing you might take or leave from my experience when directing future scenes, conflict is arguably a necessary ingredient for a good story, but one girl glowering at you at the same time as you’re having an otherwise erotic moment with another is emotionally messy. I don’t think I can fully enjoy a scene like that, it feels like I’m doing something wrong that I should feel bad about, if that makes sense.

3 Likes

this games is amazing, cant wait to see how it develops.

3 Likes

Yeah it does make sense.

I’ll at least remove angry Annora from the pool scene (as it turns out I didn’t really like how that render turned out to begin with lol). I’ll also dial down the anger if you choose to tell Annora no in the critical choice scene. I’ll re-examine the pie scene as well to ensure Brenna’s frustration doesn’t feel directed at the player.

Am I correct in saying that the negative vibes in the feeding scenes are the issue? Like Genevieve is often sassy in her interactions with the MC, but I’m hoping that’s not a problem.

2 Likes

Let’s go!! I’ve been waiting for this one to come back

1 Like