The Queendom of Corpula: A Weight Gain Visual Novel v0.5.1

yep, a real bummer, I am happy that I still have v0.3 , woul be happy to hear something from the creator :frowning:

3 Likes

It sucks that this game won’t continue. I was really looking forward to seeing where it was going.

4 Likes

Greetings. It’s been a minute. I’d like to share some answers regarding the fate of the Kingdom of Corpula weight gain VN.

1. My living situation changed. What I’ll say is that someone with whom I was living discovered the VN. As you can probably imagine, they did not approve of it. We all know that our kink is one that is generally disparaged by those who don’t have it, and consequently don’t understand it. Unfortunately, when this person discovered the VN, it entirely changed their view of me. I ultimately had to get away from this person.

2. I burnt myself out. As someone in this thread pointed out, I released a decent amount of free content in a decently short amount of time. This was burdensome to both my free time and my finances. I inevitably started to feel a squeeze.

3. Deviantart was not the best platform on which to share the VN. I’m glad that KoC got to reach a wider audience than if I had only posted it here, but it ended up garnering too much publicity for my liking. Our community at Weight Gaming is generally positive, constructive, and unobtrusive. The community at Deviantart is… not always like that. I could only field so many “when’s the next update??” questions before I reached my limit.

With all that said, I’m sure that everyone is wondering what’s going to happen to KoC. The answer is, I’m still working on it! Albeit slowly. I got to a point where I realized that I needed to start reworking the VN from the beginning before I got any further in the existing story. I’m finally getting around to creating branching storylines that will eventually lead to different endings for the game. I’m currently writing a new character into the very beginning of the VN. She will be the first oppportunity for the player to radically diverge from the story that we saw up through v 0.3.

I’m also planning a little name change for the VN. As it turns out, there aren’t any kings in the “Kingdom” of Corpula. I think “The Queendom of Corpula” will better reflect the world I’m building.

As far as a release date for the next version of QoC: I have no idea. I’m not planning on posting the VN again until the next update is ready, mostly because it will give me plenty of time to mull over which platform I want to use (obviously not DA).

Overall, I hope that this post answers some burning questions that our community had. Thanks for all your support!

58 Likes

Glad to hear you are alright. And it’s great that you are looking to still continue work on this it’s definitely a newer project I was looking forward to to most. Just take it at your own pace and good luck to you.

6 Likes

Glad to hear you are okay and I completely understand! Take care of yourself first!

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that creating good content for all of us negatively impacted your real life. That honks, yo. Hope that you continue bouncing back and keep healthy.

4 Likes

Glad to hear you’re OK now and that the game is still being worked on! This was one of my favourites, and I was sad to see it go and a little worried for you when it suddenly disappeared. However long it takes I’ll be here and excited for it!

2 Likes

HE’S BACK

6 Likes

Also might I suggest updating the first post as to not get more comments from new people about the link not working. I’m sure with your return this thread will be bumped quite a bit with new comments, someone unaware will likely ask why the links don’t work :sweat_smile:.

5 Likes

It’s good to know that you are okay and still working on the game.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear you had to go through that my dude, I completely understand how that goes. But I am truly happy that you are continuing development not just because I like your game but because I’m always happy when someone chooses to continue being creative.

As per people talking shit on DA, try not to take it too much to heart. There will always be limp dick assholes trying to tear you down because they themselves can not or will not try to create anything of substance. In those moments It’s important to remember that you’ve made something, something uniquely yours, even if it’s a fetish game. No amount of bull-shittery can take that away from you.

4 Likes

As I said I relate to your situation 100%.
The worst thing about having to explain a kink like this to somebody who does not share it is that you really cannot, which in turn makes it even harder for them to accept.

All I can say is do this in your own terms at your own pace. Your wellbeing is really the only thing you should worry about.

1 Like

HERE COMES THE MONEY

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your troubles. One thing though. IMO. I wouldn’t change the title, I personally think sticking with one title is better for SEO (people finding out about your game, assuming that’s what you want.)

Although there is a solution that should generate the best of both worlds? Maybe just title the game as you want “The Queendom of Corpula” but title the thread something like.

The Queendom of Corpula: A Weight Gain Visual Novel- in progress {Formerly The Kingdom of Corpula}. That way you get the new title you want, but google should still point wayward fans from last year more accurately towards rediscovering the game?

I know there were a lot of people floating around the interwebs asking each other what happened to your game and if they knew anything about it. So there should be a decent chunk of people from last year trying to rediscover this thread? I’d assume? (maybe.)

1 Like

Happy to see you back! I hope that things are better now for you. Im so sorry for what happened to you but remember that here you have people that will support your work. We will wait patiently for next version of QoC.

3 Likes

One of the most important things you can do is not overwork yourself on a project. A little pressure is a good thing for motivation. A lot isn’t. The harder you force yourself to work on your game, the less you’ll enjoy doing so. Go at your own pace and you’ll have far more fun.

Oh, and if you do chose to change platforms, I’d strongly advise against Patreon. Apart from being a steaming pile of :poop: in general, it’s way too easy for pirates to get hold of everything you post on there (Patreon have beefed up their protection a little of late, but it’s only a matter of time before that gets circumnavigated…) :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Welcome back :grin:

Its a shame about the real life troubles though

But we are glad that your making progress at least even though IT might het slower.

Take out at your own Pace, a masterpiece (like Tiger one ) takes time and ismworth the wait

1 Like

Game direction question: should Genevieve be garbed in something more revealing? Or are people a fan of the less revealing red dress? What are your thoughts?

3 Likes

I feel like either could work, however it does more so depend on her opinion of herself and her body. For example she could start out in very revealing clothing, showing off the fit body that she prides herself in so much, and as the game progresses she could either keep wearing the same outfit, enforcing the notion that she is in strong denial about her weight gain, or have her switch to less revealing outfits as she gains to show she if much more body conscious than her sister. Considering what we’ve seen from Maerwynn it wouldn’t be a stretch to have Gwen wear similar clothing to her.

5 Likes

Why not use both? Since Genevieve is returning from a diplomatic mission, you should have her wearing the red dress to start (it’s more appropriate for diplomacy than a revealing outfit) but than switch to a more revealing outfit as a way for Genevieve to both show off how fit she is compared to Annora and poke fun at Annora’s weight gain.

When Genevieve starts to gain weight, she’s at first in denial and continues to wear the revealing outfit but eventually realizes she’s gained weight and becomes self-conscious about her appearance and switches back to the red dress or something similar. As she continues to gain weight, it takes longer and longer for the dress to be altered, forcing her to temporary switch back to the more revealing outfit (while she waits for the dress to be altered) since it’s easier and faster to alter the revealing outfit. Once back in the revealing outfit, she actually finds it more practical at her new size, so she reluctantly decides to make that her permanent outfit.

5 Likes