The Weighting Game - WIP

Now that would be excellent! It would help us out a lot if you added that feature. Cuz I arrived at day 80 still trying to see if something changed xD

If you’ve hit day 80 then you’ve almost certainly seen everything!

1 Like

I’m hitting Comment 29. 85 days in and still on the original Patreon January release. I feel like I’m right at the edge of the plateau, even if I am well past the “current content”.

Oo, Comment 30. Is that meaningful?

Comment 30 is simply where I’ve coded up to at the present stage of the game. There aren’t any more beyond that at this point :slight_smile:

Alrighty, I’ve hit the soft end then. See you again in February, Alice (not that it’s very far away…).

1 Like

For those who don’t follow the Patreon page, I’m planning on introducing actual numbers for Alice’s weight, which will hopefully complement the existing text. I’ve asked what her starting weight should be, and a couple of people have pointed out, quite rightly, that this will depend a lot on how tall she is!

I actually had no idea of her height; Daz Studio doesn’t have any way of measuring this. One quick download of a measuring stick later, and here are the two main characters hamming it up in front of said stick. Hannah wanted in too. She’s not had much attention this month and wanted an excuse to dress up!

Anyway, as you can see, the player character is around 6ft, Alice is about 5’4 and Hannah about 5’8. Height/weight charts seem to vary a bit, but after looking at a few, it seems as though a healthy weight for Alice’s height is anything between 110 and 150lb. So, given that she’s pretty slim, and quite athletic, I’m thinking the lower end of that scale. Around 120lb?

5 Likes

I’d put Alice at 115, Hannah at 140, and the PC at 150.

2 Likes

I think I’d add 10lbs to each of those, but basically agree.

1 Like

The player weight isn’t going to matter. That won’t change, at least not visually, although there will soon be a player fitness variable in the background which will affect various scenes. That’s #25,029 on the to do list :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not even going to contemplate starting work on the numbers until next month, but I am taking all your comments regarding starting weights into consideration :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’d say this is accurate for the girls, but the PC looks heavier than 150, especially if he is 6’0’’
Alice does start out looking like a twig though. 115-120lbs is probably dead on.

4 Likes

You may be right on the PC, not that it really matters. I’m 6’ 3" and graduated high school weighing 180 with a 32" waist. I was in okay shape, slim, had trouble benching a 75 pound bar, and could easily leg press 450 earlier that school year (though I didn’t keep up on that). So 150 may be a bit low for a 6 footer strong enough to carry a fatass like Alice in a frontal sling position.

For all the weights, I started at 2 pounds/inch (ppi), which is a good base for someone “in shape” and “slender”. Alice is Athletic-Slim, with a cardio workout routine, so I took her down to 1.8 ppi (115.2 pounds) and made it a whole number.

Hannah is also in decent shape, but does weights and is voluptuous, so I put her at 2.1 ppi (142.8) and rounded down harder. Maybe 143 would actually be better for her.

The PC I did flat 2.0 ppi because he looks to be slender and, as noted, is strong enough to lift Alice, so I actually rounded him up from 144. Given 2.0 ppi is the military ideal.

(Starting Alice at 150 would be a ppi of 2.34, putting her well into the realm of “chunky” unless she was jacked.)

3 Likes

Yeah, the player weight doesn’t matter at all. I have no plans to introduce different sizes there or I’d never get the game finished. 150 would be a bit low though, IMO. I’m 6’4, used to be around 170lbs and I looked skeletal at that weight :stuck_out_tongue:

Alice definitely won’t be starting at anything like 150!

3 Likes

If you give the protagonist about 164lbs he’d have about 22.2 bmi.
For Hannah, since she’s still a bit chunky, I’d say 154lbs to give her a bmi of 23.4

Just downloaded the Jan demo last night after stumbling a ross this game. Went to bed 2.5 hours later than I anticipated but wow, this is amazing. Major props to you and while im not the most talented coder, I would love to help with mental blocks if needed.

Glad you’re enjoying it. There’ll be a new demo out soon!

I do have the storyline for the game roughed out, but if you or anyone else has any ideas/suggestions/thoughts, I’m happy to listen.

1 Like

Sounds good! Let’s see what you show us first then we can plan something for the up coming future.
If this game becomes a success, maybe a sequel or additional add ons can be placed. Like new characters, different backgrounds of the sort. But it depends on you Tigger.

3 Likes

Not sure what will constitute a success for this? Me retiring to the Bahamas? :stuck_out_tongue: I think I’ll consider it a personal success if I reach the end and am not totally sick of the whole thing :slight_smile:

I currently have no plans for a sequel to the game, but who knows? My next plan is to adapt a story I wrote a while ago into a visual novel. About 15k words if I remember rightly, so will just be a question of adding images.

5 Likes

In the february update we can see something about hannah? I realy like her character and I love your game because it’s one that have continous update and I really appreciate it.

There’ll almost certainly be nothing new on Hannah’s side of the story in Feb. This month has been all about adding a lot of new images of Alice getting a bit bigger.

the work you’ve put into this is far more than most of us deserve haha. I cant speak for everyone but I’d consider it a massive success at this point. Anything more is a welcome bonus.