The Weighting Game - WIP

Something you could do, if you went the new character route, to differentiate from Janet, is have the character intentionally gain weight. Janet’s weight gain during her pregnancy is unintentional and mainly caused by her boyfriend. The new character could have a thing for huge pregnant bellies so is purposely gaining weight to maximize the size her belly will get.

You could make the character MC’s sister. A love of big bellies could just run in the family and it’s not unheard of for multiple people in a family to be pregnant at the same time, so no one should think twice that MC and Alice both have a pregnant sister at the same time. Additionally, adding another sibling should avoid any feelings of shoehorning a character in.

2 Likes

I think the the ability to start a family with Alice would be very fitting. My opinion is that adding pregnancy to existing character/s, but making it easy for those not interested to avoid would be the best option. Maybe even Hannah. Seems like with how her route goes, she’d warm up to the idea if it was for MC.

4 Likes

Nice idea, but I think I’d be opening one hell of a can of worms if I started depicting family stuff (i.e. kids) in an adult fetish game :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

You could maybe manage a throwaway (optional in a very signposted way) bit in an epilogue featuring a pregnant Alice?

4 Likes

That makes sense, especially with the empirical evidence you mentioned. Of course everything after the birth would have to be off-screen (effectively making it an ending) because:

Yup, we don’t allow that here (or rather the law-makers in the USA require that we don’t allow that here for fear of litigation). Stuff I’ve worked on has been removed in the past.

Kind of a shame though, some sympathetic cravings might have been fun.

4 Likes

No danger of any kids appearing in my game. Strictly adults only.

And anyway, they might start an argument with Alice over who gets the last slice of pizza :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t believe how close the poll is. Only 1% in it, as of now! I’ll leave it up until Saturday, so if anyone still wants to vote, make your choice before then :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Not really what I meant. Starting a family includes the pregnancy part. Doesn’t have to mean everything after - cept the fun stuff.

4 Likes

Would love to some more pregnancy content in the game, as it might open the doors for a bunch of different scenarios. One of the existing characters getting pregnant would definitely be interesting in my opinion.

7 Likes

@Bagelsworth Ah, sorry. I was envisioning some sort of adult weight gain Sims variant :stuck_out_tongue:

@enyaliuser I’m still mulling over the idea. But given how many people don’t want more pregnancy content, I may tweak the concept quite a lot

5 Likes

As long the pregnancy has progression. I am onboard 100%

6 Likes

What tweaks to the concept were you thinking at this stage?

Were you imagining on having the original concept as a major plot thread that would have narrative effects beyond just the side character you chose for it? Or was it more a separate plot with less involvement with the other characters?

Having it as an optional route seems like a fair compromise to those who do not want it at all and as long as it doesn’t end up a carrot dangle to those that did want it more of it.

Preferences aside the dramatic impact it would add from a narrative perspective would definitely spice up an already great story!

2 Likes

It was going to be a fairly large arc for one of the characters, with (limited) interaction between that character and a couple of others.

As for tweaks, as I’ve mentioned before, I tend to work on very rough concepts at the planning stage, and only go into any real detail once I’m actually writing the scenario in question. As such, my original idea is still pretty rough and definitely needs more thought before I decide whether to add it, given how many people don’t want to see more pregnancy.

1 Like

Okay, I’ve now closed the poll and, as near as dammit, the votes are split evenly between yes and no for more pregnancy. I’m surprised, and very glad that I asked, as I really did think there would be a lot more in the yes category!

GIven that the split is so even, I’ll give serious thought to whether it’s worth adding more pregnant stuff, and if I do, I’ll certainly make it optional.

As a small thank you to everyone who took the time to vote, and to provide useful feedback (and to celebrate hitting 40,000 downloads!) here are a couple of pics of Alice trying out as a plus size model, taken from a slightly NSFW series I posted on Patreon a little while ago.

29 Likes

In the end it is still your work if you want to put pregnancy in it do it. And if you want to please the “no” make it obvious that a choice will make the player go on that route (like someone said earlier with the “tips” système.) I think that if you redo the poll while saying that the pregnant route will be marked on the tips then the result would be different. (would it be possible to implement in the start of the game an option pregnancy on/off so it will just lock the choice earlier without spoiling?)

5 Likes

Yeah, a pregnancy option at the start of the game was my first thought too, but that felt a bit inelegant.

If I do add the pregnancy storyline, I’ll see if I can come up with a more subtle way of making it obvious what’s gonna happen :slight_smile:

1 Like

0,20 cents condom vs 1 dollars condom. It’s more subtle .
(yes i’m laughing of my joke rn)

5 Likes

You know…that’s a mighty fine idea.

With the votes so evenly split and a large percentage not minding either way I for one would love to have the option at least

If initiating that story arc depended on a earlier choice of the MC deciding whether to purchase some condoms with a yes/no option that toggles that content (maybe the hint box or maybe the condom box could have some sort of 4th wall breaking warning on the render?)

Alternatively could even be a second stage warning to remind the side character to take contraception so that the player can be absolutely certain if they don’t want to follow that path even if they chose to initiate the first part without a condom. Freedom of choice always wins IMO.

This idea seems elegant enough whilst being obvious to the player what the implications may be because we are all adults here we know how this works and if you don’t well…this game may end up educational :smile:

2 Likes

I mean, don’t we have that option with hannah (kind of?) but about keeping her or not in the story , so if there’s a tie about this topic then it’s up to you tigger, people have spoken. And i’m kinda late tho cuz i want some pregnancy related stuff too lmao.

2 Likes

I figured that the MC wouldn’t be the father, the MC isn’t responsible for knocking up janet for example.
This won’t really make sense if the MC isn’t the love interest.

Like what if alice’s best friend at work get’s pregnant? Or what if that work buddy discovers she’s already 5 months pregnant and that’s why she’s able to keep up with alice’s appetite? Alice could have a one time scene where it’s revealed and she’s embarrassed that she didn’t realize her friend was eating for two.

That would be an amazing storyline, but not one in which the MC would be faced with a condom decision.

Also sorry if this is a spoiler, this was just a wild guess from me, tiggertoo hasn’t told me anything :slight_smile:

3 Likes

She’d be really popular! Love her, as always.

2 Likes