The Weighting Game - WIP

February test version is now uploading. Should be up in a few minutes on the Patreon site :slight_smile:

4 Likes

so emmm can i know how much weight she gain ?, i didn’t find

That’s because it’s not in yet. I did say that part wouldn’t make it into this version of the game.

That whole scene is missing images.

"Okay, here’s the test version of the Feb demo! As previously mentioned, there is still one set of images to add. You’ll know which they are because you won’t see any pics for that particular scene. Other than that, if you encounter any bugs, please let me know.

I’ll work on the missing images over the next day or three and hopefully have a stable version uploaded sometime over the weekend. "

8 Likes

Just a question, how come this version of the game forces you to quit at the end of new content? I like that there’s an indication of the end of new content but i would have like to just fool around with the game further afterwards.

A few reasons behind this…

I was always planning on adding a soft cap, but have decided on a hard one. Oooer, missus :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Most of the bug reports from previous demos have been for sections way beyond where I’ve tested up to. It seems a bit pointless correcting bugs in parts that will be changed anyway, when I could better spend my time improving and testing what’s already in place.

2. I’ve deliberately kept the notes for the demos as short as possible, but you’d be amazed how many people simply don’t read them. You’ve seen the post above mentioning the missing images, even though I had pointed this out in the notes? He’s far from the only one. I’ve had several messages telling me about this ‘bug’ and it gets kinda monotonous to keep answering the same question when I’ve already explained it. Ditto the ‘comment not defined’ placeholders. Clearly explained, but I have had a LOT of messages asking about these over the past month or so.

A hard cap on the game solves both these issues.

Finally, I’ve now altered the code in the game so that it automatically picks the relevant images for each scene, rather than my having to add more code for every new image. This saves me a lot of time, but does mean that if an image isn’t yet present, instead of the old one being displayed, it simply displays a blank screen (as per the missing cafe images in the current test demo). Great from my point of view, because even if I’m half asleep - as I often am when working on this :stuck_out_tongue: - I can easily see if an image is missing. Not so great from the players point of view as all you have is a black screen.

So… hard cap it is for the time being.

I’m actually going to be having a rethink on how I work the demos, once the Feb demo is up and running. Will post that on Patreon.

9 Likes

Yea but… why?

Just kidding. Time saved with this means more time for completing content. Works for me.

1 Like

Have you considered letting the black screen be the soft cap? Some people really enjoy the dialogue and do not mind missing images, since they would not show any progress anyway. The hard cap makes it difficult to actually experience all the new pictures that are in the new update unless you just want to feed chocolate over and over.

That won’t solve the issue of people complaining about missing images. Or finding bugs 100 or more days further in than I’ve tested to and expecting them to be fixed.

As for missing out on the images, this is only a demo. Once everything is better set up, I’ll be tweaking how fast everything occurs to give you more opportunity to experience all the images and scenarios :slight_smile:

1 Like

Given the arguments you’re making, it definitively seems like the hard cap is the best way to go.

Besides, with the new images implemented, the game is still a lot of fun if you know how to work around it. Just avoid constantly feeding Alice I’ve found its best to slow the pace up a bit and build the relationship by inviting her over to just watch movies. :wink:

(P.S. One bug that I did find a couple of times was when teasing Alice over the phone after her WG, I got a “15 comment not defined yet”.)

sigh I give up. I really hope that’s a joke

4 Likes

Sorry, pal :confused: But I thought you would’ve liked to know.

I got it almost before my game ended, and also “12 comment…” on one skipping-dialogues/replay run.

Aside from that, this demo runs smooth as hell :slightly_smiling_face: So kudos for that!

Those aren’t bugs. That’s due to it not being implemented yet. It’s v0.1 beta.

A bug would be something like a crash. Placeholder messages show that it’s working as intended

I understand that it’s a placeholder text. I’ve read the posts and I’m aware that most number comments are placeholders for non-developed content.

I just mentioned in case Tiger didn’t mean for it to be emerging at the end of the current demo / before Alice’s second gain is developed (i.e. in case that part of the script wasn’t supposed to show up according to plan, because of the hard cap). I don’t know how he has planed to distribute the comments throughout the different levels, and thought it might have been helpful for his own tracking.

That being said, I’m fully sorry if I added to the unnecesary stress :slightly_frowning_face: :zipper_mouth_face:

Ah, don’t worry about it. You weren’t the first to mention it and I’m sure you won’t be the last :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Would you be able to share the rough number of added images?

To be quite honest, I’ve lost count! But I think it’s just over 90

Hey, ive played some of your demo, but im just trying to gauge how far through i am/ if im at the end of the content, sorry in advance if you have already answered this question, i tried to look through the other replies as best i could.

Ive gotten to the part where there is actually a scripted scene for Alices weight gain when you invite her over, and a little further past that, but no other actual scripted scenes or pictures of her gaining weight, is that the end of the content? Also, are the default images of Alice throughout the game not meant to change after gaining weight?

Anyway, you have done a great job, and sorry again if this is a repetitive question!

I’ve only just started adding the new images to the game this month. I’m guessing from your comments that you’re playing the public version? If so, as the notes say, the new images aren’t yet in that version.