The Weighting Game - WIP

All joking aside, having some difficulty to the game would be good. Having the player strike a balance between optimizing time management, money and dialog choices with consequences for not doing these things would add replayability to the game.

1 Like

Perhaps, in these types of games it’s fun to optimise a little over a few replays, but tedious if you have to farm by clicking for ages, or memorise an absolutely perfect route. I’m sure we’ll get a good balance though, looks like there’s a lot of thought/care going into the game.

1 Like

Really early days yet, but I am planning on at least three endings, replayabiltiywise.

And yeah, I’m currently plotting out how to make the game difficult enough to be challenging without being frustrating, but not easy enough that you just click on options and it doesn’t really matter what you click as they all give similar outcomes. As a potential example, if you tease Alice about her weight then it’ll lead to a different response depending on a number of factors. Lots of variables to juggle to get all this to work, but I think I can get there :slight_smile:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'fromparkfinished'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "alicecafefrompark.rpyc", line 165, in script
  File "C:\Users\Achiwek\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa11532.9694\Test_2.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\Achiwek\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa11532.9694\Test_2.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'fromparkfinished'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.4.596
test 2.1 
Thu Nov 14 17:41:42 2019

It happened when i clicked “Do nothing” when she wanted more cola after third time in cafe in a single day (I know there limit but a pass that using two times cafe and one park )(I’m sorry for my English).

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! I’ve already corrected this, but if you get that glitch then you’ve pretty much played through everything so far, so I didn’t think it was worth uploading a new version.

I really do appreciate you guys letting me know about bugs. I’d much rather hear about the same problem a dozen times than not at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

New info for the project?:grinning:

That annoying thing called real life has got in the way more than a bit… but I have got some more done :slight_smile:

Initial cinema scene has been reworked a bit. And I’ve finished all the new images for that. I’ve also added the first elements to the office section, rather than just working. Figured you spend a lot of time there earning money, so might as well add some stuff to make it more interesting. Only one event so far - and it’s random, but I’ll be adding more to it.

Lots of other small tweaks to variables etc. I’ve also been working on the text (no images yet) for subsequent visits to home, pub and the cinema. Plan for the next few days is to rerender the initial home visit images and do some more writing while the images are processing. Adding more people and stuff to the renders looks great (IMO), but they take ages to render. One of the new cafe scenes (which I’m keeping a secret for now :stuck_out_tongue: ) took eight hours(!) and I still had to photoshop a few bits to get rid of the rough edges.

There’s still no visual weight gain in the game. I want to get most of the actual gameplay elements in place and (more or less) working before I start adding that.

1 Like

Sounds like a lot of work to be fair, eight hours on a scene is a lot of effort. Appreciate the work, I can’t wait for you to build the fundamentals of the game so we can get to the ‘meat’. Wish I could offer you some help, perhaps if you ever needed to outsource some writing I guess that’d be one area where I’m not terrible. Especially if there are some scenes you don’t have a clear vision for. Anyway keep it up man :slight_smile:

Will this be Playa le in Android?

Haha, I could have started the weight stuff pretty much from the outset! And believe me, I was tempted :stuck_out_tongue: But if I’d done that, I’d never have got the game off the ground. It would just have been a very linear thing and that’s not really what I want to do. By getting all the basic stuff up and running first, I can build all the interesting bits around it, if that makes sense.

Didn’t mean that I spent eight hours working on the scene… that’s just how long it took to render! Depending on the detail, it takes anything from 5 minutes up to get a scene ready. I’m too picky for my own good. I keep cancelling renders when they’re half way through because I’ve noticed something that doesn’t look quite right :stuck_out_tongue:

Really appreciate the offer of writing help, but I’d prefer to make this all my own work if I can. That said, if you or anyone has suggestions to add to a scene, or even for totally new scenes, I’m more than happy to listen!

3 Likes

Not 100% sure at this point. Ren’py does produce Android builds though, so I’d say it’ll be likely :slight_smile:

“So what if I’ve put on a couple of pounds? I’m still hot, right!”

15 Likes

“Only looking better by the day, darling.”

Holt shit she looks amazing

Again, very much work in progress. I think the stretchmarks are a bit too prominent and I’m still trying to get her to look as though she has more cellulite on her thighs. Quite pleased with the belly droop though. That took a LOT of experimentation :stuck_out_tongue: Not that I enjoyed it. At all. In the slightest…

The neck crease is a nice detail, I’m less sure about the one below her clavicle though.

3 Likes

Yeah, I did spot that, but not until after I’d finished the render. It was really late and I couldn’t be bothered redoing it :stuck_out_tongue: Should be fairly easy to tweak though.

I’m finding out the hard way that creating a fat look in Daz studio isn’t all that easy. There are any number of gorgeous looking female models, but the vast majority are designed to look like, quite literally, models. It’s easy to make them larger, but the results aren’t great. I actually saved the (more or less - I’d already done a bit of tweaking) start point for the render as well as the end, so the below pic shows the two side by side.

Some parts of the base model work well - I really like the dimples round her knees now I look at it, so may try to use those next time - but she looks big rather than fat IMO. There’s no real detail. No cellulite, stretch marks, rolls etc, which is what I’m hoping to achieve.

11 Likes

(Just to prove I haven’t been procastinating the whole time, here’s the new version of the living room)

4 Likes

I’m loving the new model so far, but I do agree the strechmarks are too prominent lol

1 Like

Yep. They were a bit too faint on the previous effort, so I brought them up quite a bit. A bit too much as it turns out! Never mind. It’s all a learning curve and I have plenty of time to work on the details before she gets to be that size.