The Weighting Game - WIP

this may seem like a bit of a dumb question but, how often/quickly is Alice supposed to gain weight? I’m on day 22, been taking Alice to eat at least 3 times a day, and she doesn’t seem to have visually gained any weight yet. Second question, does anyone besides Alice have weight gain implemented?

1 Like

@Wollotta For the future probably a good idea to indicate what version you’re playing on since the answer could very depending on that. Lucky, that is not the case for your questions today :slightly_smiling_face:. Simple answer is Alice doesn’t change visibly with every pound she will update scenes at set weight intervals. The easiest way to know is inviting her to your place she will eventually have a scene where she wants to use the bathroom as she starts gaining weight. You can go investigate that. Which will reveal her current weight to you.

The thing to remember is Alice is a fit self conscious women who was dumped because of relationship weight gain. She is looking to do everything to stay trim for you because weight gain= bad in her mind, since she was dumped over it. She goes to the gym alot and factors like how happy she is influence her behaviors. She however has a sweet tooth and a tendency to overindulge. Keep her happy take her out to breakfast in the morning invite her over for dinner at your house.

You can catch her at certain times of day and activities that can influence her workout. Such as seeing her in the park in the morning. Or sometimes after a workout at the gym you go and do things that normally involve food. Keeping her happy and fed should see the results you want. She will eventually update her appearance when hitting certain weight thresholds.

Yes in all versions but who or how many girls will, is different depending on the version you’re playing.

1 Like

Sorry for not mentioning, I’m on 0.6/latest

It’s no issue but it will definitely help out if the answer is different based on version :smiley:.

@Wollotta I have played the game for quite awhile at this point, like I’m sure many others, and to be honest some of it just become muscle memory on how I do things at different stages of the game. But taking Alice to breakfast, doing other events and/or working hard a few times a day, plus inviting Alice over for dinner with maybe going to the pub after will net you more with her. It’s all about balancing the amount she is burning off or cutting down/making the times she does less impactful.

1 Like

@namad Yeah, as I’ve said before, I’d happily discuss this sort of stuff on Patreon, but nobody ever seems to ask questions like this on there. Probably because it’s such a shitty platform for general chat.

As for genesis 8.1, it’s a pathetic upgrade IMO. Basically it offers ‘better’ facial expressions and that’s it. I haven’t bought any of the 8,1 characters yet and won’t until something must have comes along.

@Loner29 The images are a real bottleneck at times. Setting up one image can easily take 30 minutes plus if it’s a complex one. Not to mention that a lot of poses simply don’t work on fat characters, so there’s a lot of tweaking to try and get things to look natural. Rendering itself can take anything from 2-6 hours (the ice cream scene images are by the far the worst in terms of time - they take AGES to render) per image using an RTX 2080 super.

I also reject/redo a lot of images once they’re rendered because they don’t look right or there’s too much clipping to fix or I’ve not spotted something out of place. My computer is rendering pretty much 24 hours a day and in a good month, I produce 150-200 usable images.

@Wollotta It’s a deliberately slow-paced game, especially at the start. The number of days that you play for doesn’t really matter. Virtually nothing is tied into how much time has passed. I’ve tried to make it so that you can play at your own pace. And, as ever, the advice from @Krodmandoon is good!

3 Likes

I can say if you want to go the cheaters way out you could use the camera option in DAZ and using windows game capture screenshot the scene. However, if you have a rendered background that isn’t made it will not show up.

This advice makes literally no sense. The rendering is time consuming because it’s doing work. The filament preview window looks terrible in comparison to a properly rendered image. Yet, if you just wanted something rendered fast, you can crank the render options way down, so it looks terrible and takes no time.

What you’re saying essentially defeats the entire purpose of 3d rendering.

3 Likes

8.1 itself is free and comes with daz studio 4.15 versions. It has backwards compatibility with things from genesis 8. So, in theory, you could test it out, without spending a single cent. I agree though. I’m not sure if it would benefit you at all. It’s far too minor to care about, or pay for, but, since at least the basic essential figure for 8.1 is free, it wouldn’t hurt to play around with it someday.

Although I do tend to find that specific characters are a much better baseline point to start from than the free essentials figures.

If you ever had cause to start with a generic genesis 8 figure in the future (maybe for some unimportant background character?) You might as well try starting with the generic genesis 8.1 figure instead. (Unless you don’t want to update to daz studio 4.15 for other reasons I’m unaware of.)

Things like genesis 8 clothes, hair, morphs, and poses should load onto the basic genesis 8.1 figure just fine, in theory at least.

In fact the only way to find incompatibility would be to spend money on new genesis 8.1 content and then try loading it onto old genesis 8 figures. That’s what they say won’t work. So, if you don’t intend to pay for any genesis 8.1 stuff. Then the genesis 8.1 essentials figures should be rather perfectly compatible with everything you currently use?

edit: See below, I think tiggertoo is “right”. In that genesis 8.1 won’t help him make more advanced fatness morphs or poses in anyway whatsoever (although it is free, so he might find it fun to play with someday).

A) How do I deform via smoothing in relation to multiple collision objects at once? In order to copy tiggertoo’s work I had to save my multiple deformer objects as a single object via export. Which meant they couldn’t easily be edited afterwards. (I saved the left and right object pressing against her as a single object, which then meant I could no longer adjust it).

B) This is generic genesis 8.1 female. I had no idea how to do this when I made my previous post, so, yeah, it’s not as good as tiggertoo’s, but my only goal here is to try to see if maybe tiggertoo would be served or not served to try out 8.1. My conclusion? No, genesis 8.1 figure provides ZERO benefit for realistic belly deformation. Just like tiggertoo said. However, I felt I owed it to him, to you know, actually check. Since he’s proclaimed that he hasn’t actually tested 8.1 out yet.

C) One thing though, it still might be worth trying out 8.1 because it’s not just upgraded faces (which tiggertoo said he’s not interested in), but also an upgraded skin shader tool is included, see: Daz3D Genesis 8.1 Overview & Features | RenderGuide.com under “Daz3D Genesis 8.1 Skin and Shaders”

The upgraded skin shaders are a) confusing looking and b) probably made irrelevant by any sort of 3rd party skin upgrades tiggertoo already owns, anyways.

1 Like

Hi do you have discord

@rangelsadasd If what you’re asking is if there is a discord for the game, then no.

2 Likes

Once again, @Krodmandoon is correct. Poor guy really deserves a pay rise for fielding all these questions :slight_smile:

@namad Sorry, I should have made it clearer that I do have Genesis 8.1 (I’m running Studio 4.15 as it’s allegedly a little better with RTX cards), but don’t see the point in spending money on stuff for it when it brings so little to the table. I messed around with it when I first got it and it’s not worth the effort. I’ll be sticking with Genesis 8 until they give me a decent reason to spend money on upgrades.

1 Like

hey @tiggertoo have you looked into buymeacoffee ? i’ve heard its a good alternative to patreon and supports more payment options

2 Likes

I definitely wouldn’t have chosen Patreon in hindsight. It’s rubbish. But now that I have, I’m going to stick with it. Not because I want to, but because one platform will make it much easier for me to work out who qualifies for a ‘free’ copy of the game once it’s finished. If I start spreading over different platforms, it’d be a nightmare to calculate.

2 Likes

I swear I read somewhere in this thread months ago that you didn’t want to upgrade. That’s why I had my crusade to consider you to try updating. heh.

Very fair assessment though, doesn’t bring anything to the table (but also isn’t really a harmful free update).

1 Like

Why not just draw stick figures? Seems a lot easier…

/s

2 Likes

@namad yeah, l upgraded last year by mistake and the upgrade broke loads of stuff - most importantly my third part render queue plugin which meant I was losing hours of production every day (why Daz doesn’t have something as simple as a render queue is beyond me!), so I downgraded again.

At the start of this year, the render queue plugin was fixed, and there were enough new tweaks/fixes to persuade me to try 3.15 again. It’s still glitchy as fuck, but if you know how to avoid the glitches, it’s okay to use so I’ve stuck with it.

@Dymometer2 Yeah! That is an AWESOME idea!!! I’ll never have to worry about clipping/dForce/dodgy pose issues again :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

14 Likes

Why? Just why? Why have you done this?

4 Likes

Yeah, in hindsight, that wasn’t really the effect I was going for. I’ve changed the pic :slight_smile:

So will someone get a free copy of the game once its finished?