Town Store - Run a food store in a town of gluttons

I’m pretty sure I read it somewhere but I looked through the comments and couldn’t find it, will the player character be able to gain or is that not a thing? Hoping it will be either way lmao. Can’t wait for the game to drop

2 Likes

Sophie (legendary chef and main character) won’t be gaining. She needs to be mobile and agile in order to make plenty of food for everyone else.

9 Likes

7 Likes

Fair enough, maybe a fun hidden ending then :joy:, I’ll hold out my hope lmao

Lol maybe I’ll add the option as a reward for completing everything else. That’s a long way away though

10 Likes

Whatever you do or don’t can’t wait to play keep up the good work

3 Likes

My company is going through a merger atm so I’m about to be swamped with work for the next few weeks. I’ll get back on this in late July though!

As always, I could use more artists if anyone is interested.

10 Likes

Not much to update you guys on when it comes to the story or game building development cause I’m still swamped with work. However, I do have some extremely talented artists helping out now, so things are looking good. Of course, if anyone else wants to help out with sprites there is plenty to do, but I wanted to make this little appreciation update for the people currently helping (who I will not name unless they want to be named, to avoid putting too much pressure on them)

20 Likes

holy fuck how do you type with this

ok anyways, I am happy to say me yelling like a motherfucker earlier in this thread lead to me being…an ARTIST!

id like to sneak peek some art im doin for the game, I plan to do ALL the characters with weight stages and even some text box faces to match

25 Likes

small update, changing the design and style of the characters to look a bit nicer. Ill continue to post updates on here since im sorta new to the scene, but ive always wanted to work on a project (next update should include first weight stage tease)

18 Likes

She is a real cutie.

Her blouse does look a bit off, unless it’s suppose to be open like that below the bust.

1 Like

we got some kickass art, cant wait until this drops

1 Like

her blouse is supposed to come apart like that

8 Likes

I’m really loving this style for the characters

Ah, I see now.

Some midriff curtains.

good luck in your game my friend and take all the time you need i will wait to try your game no matter what how long you will take to make it be cuz I am sure its worth the waiting

1 Like

Lil dev update: I finished the intro sequence just now, I’ll be working on the tutorial section for the next few days. Progress will depend on how things go in real life but I’ll see what I can do.

16 Likes

I’ve caught myself in a little dumb moment… Most of the characters don’t have names yet, so I can’t write their introductions…

11 Likes

lmao, time to hit the best baby names of 2023 list!

6 Likes

Alright, all the intro stuff is now done, I’m back to working on the core gameplay loop. I’ve been slightly delayed because I considered joining the game mjam for a bit but didn’t have any really good ideas for the theme.

12 Likes