Tramp 0.15.5 2023-06-15

So, uh left steve clearly is unlocked by lots of diets, but what’s a hint towards getting “confessrdy” to happen?

1 Like

@namad If i recall correctly you have to chat/gossip with Alicia once other conditions are met, which I believe can occur during regular weeknight visits to the bar, as well as when exiting the clothing store. there may be a few other steps in between, but i know there are variables in place depending on your relationship status with Steven.

1 Like

Made an entire account just to tell you this is the best fetish game I’ve ever played by far thanks man

4 Likes

Is there a way to get the romance reg achievement without cheating? I can’t seem to figure it out.

1 Like

If you’ve chosen the correct dialogue after Alicia’s matchmaking and chatting to Steve then that flag (notional in 0.15, real on the dev branch) is set. That means the event when he calls you while you’re working at the gas station can fire (taking it to “confessSched”). Alicia’s matchmaking itself is another state machine now (these are the steps @klaus.smelborp is describing).

Aww, thanks! That means a lot. And welcome to the forums - you’ll find a lot of other great games here too.

Yep, that one works. You just need to get him to overcome his shyness, and invite you out!

My only guess is that I missed my chance to romance reg on this run because I was dating someone else for so long before I broke up with them to try and see if reg romance events would fire off, hmm, any tips on specifically what makes reg romance engage?

1 Like

I am 99% certain I was in a romance with Steve and Alicia when I also started one with Reg. I do admittedly play the game in debug mode but I hadn’t messed with any flags at that point

2 Likes

I believe this might be the case… but not for the reasons you think.

You can romance Reg easily at 700+ pounds, there should literally be an option to bring your body to his attention.

However, if you are dating one or both of the other candidates there is another factor to take into account, which is the random work events. Dating one or both will add many new options to the pool of random events… which means Reg will show up less therefore not allowing the romantic feels to build significantly slower.

It’s my fault really, I’ve got serious creative block at the moment. But once I can and get some more pressing issues done that is something I need to work on…

6 Likes

There’s no lock-out in the current released version. Reg builds up his “fancy” stat with repeated visits to the garage if you engage with him. A combination of the PC’s weight being high enough and a threshold on this stat will allow him to start a romance. Also there’s a back-stop when you hit the hard-limit.

@Morganism is right though, if you are dating both other candidates and rushing to gain then Reg’s visits won’t happen as frequently and the “fancy” stat will build slower. If you’ve defeated Alicia’s intervention to make you choose between Steve and Sofia then this will make the whole problem worse - in normal play that choice will have been made well before Reg comes into play.

As is normal in Tramp, rushing will lead to sub-optimal results.

2 Likes

As the MC, I broke up with both Steve and Sophia at about 600#, telling them that I thought I was too fat for them. Reg started getting more regular and started asking me out to his favourite buffet restaurant. Even allowing me to sleep in his bed after a few outings! I’m now at 770 and ‘blissful’, so will wait & see what happens next.

2 Likes

Been playing through the most recent update, and been really enjoying it so far. Two things I’ve noticed:

Pretty sure I saw this one mentioned already, but it is possible to soft lock yourself if you have no money to buy lunch with when working at Vachon. The first potential workaround that comes to mind is just deducting the meal cost from the PC’s pay, but that’s just a suggestion.

Second, is it possible to either get fired from or quit the job at Vachon? Also, Stanley mentioned working in purchasing instead. Is that not in the game yet, or did I miss my chance at some point? Already answered the one question, lol.

This really is a phenomenal game you’ve put together. Bravo!

Edit: noticed a minor error. When I eat alone at Ermintrude’s on Friday, Lacey comments how Joe never comes on Thursdays.

2 Likes

As far as I can see, there is no way to quit the job, but when you reach a certain weight Stanley fires you because he is worried about your health. However, your mood changes from blissful or happy to (forget the exact term just now, but) to miserable/sad. This affects any interaction with Reg, as you are now miserable and trying to diet (or not…).

On my latest play through I decided NOT to accept the job at Vachon, so now am at a high weight and still happy and enjoying life! Reg being attentive! Remains to be seen how we get on without feeling the need to diet…

6 Likes

True - I noticed that too. Joe does not, of course, eat there on Thursday evenings. MC only eats there alone on Fridays when she has the increased job at Vachon.

2 Likes

Yes, I noticed the best I ever got in terms of mood after being canned was “unhappy.” I think I also hit the end of the current content - stuck in bed, Joe lays down the law, and the MC loses weight until she doesn’t. As far as my relationship with Reg, I haven’t got past having coffee at his place and spending the night. Came out about my desires, but never got further then that. Much sadness.

Still, very, very much looking forward to more to come.

1 Like

@Morganism

Reg has become my favourite romance option. Loved every bit of it.

1 Like

You can get further with Reg if you break up with Steve and Sofia back in the 600lb days, then after 700 Reg will become more regularly attentive.

1 Like

Spoilered so those who don’t want to be spoiled won’t be:

Was dating Steve, and broke up just north of 600. Think I was about 700 when I started dating Reg. Had a number of dates at “The Chow House,” typically on Wednesdays. Came out about wanting to expand infinitely, but our nights never went beyond him sleeping on the couch and myself in his bed.

Eventually hit the max weight, Joe had to help me up, and the PC begins her “save my mobility” diet. Spoke to Reg, and admitted that despite my panic over being pinned under my own blubber, it was also totally hot and I still wanted more. He mentioned fiction and the like he’d read and enjoyed, but we can’t take it further then that.

Since then, I’ve been in a loop of losing weight, dropping my diet, regaining the lost weight, and starting the diet again. Unlocked quite a few achievements on this playthrough, which was pretty baller.

But yes, as far as I know, I think I’ve got to the end of Reg’s content; things just seem to be repeating at this time. Planning another Sophia-focused game, but not sure if she’s received any new content with this drop or not.

1 Like

Thank you, I’m working glacially slow on adding more, having a severe case of writers block, lack of motivation, low energy, etc… the list goes on. I write when I can but it’s always there in the back of my mind and whenever something comes up that grabs my attention I make a note.
The only thing I can say is that if you loved every bit of it so far, well I have probably way too much planned to add on :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Always exciting to hear.

Edit: am having a wee bit of a chuckle when Nicola sees the PC at 850+ pounds and says “Have you lost weight?”

1 Like

I’ll admit, I don’t know how I haven’t unlocked the “Insatiable Glutton” achievement yet. I have given into my greed so, so many times.

Edit: Would anyone potentially have any hints on how to raise my Greed stat. Thought I’d done a bang-up job on it myself, but I still seem to have some self-restraint, and that just ain’t right, lol.

Edit to the edit: alright, turns out I’m a moron, and had downloaded the pre-bug fix version. Honestly amazed I survive most days.

2 Likes