Tramp 0.15.5 2023-06-15

V0.12 is here! Link in the OP.

• New look food menus with better functionality. Items you can’t choose because they are too filling or too expensive are no longer hidden. There’s also more space for adding more choices. Go ahead and suggest any classics you’d like included. The system works alongside Ren’Py’s regular menus if you are curious to look at the source.

• Two new areas partially implemented: the seesaw Sofia mentions, and the woods from Steve’s intro.

• The start of the PC tracking the fit of her clothing and her morning routine. An actual clothes shop will probably be the next thing I work on.

• More obvious clues about how the PC feels about her size.

• Quite a lot of tuning. The initial phase should pass slightly quicker, and dieting is a little easier especially once you get really big.

• Metric weight toggle on the PC stats pane, top right. I decided to leave the text in imperial as it is right for the setting, and some of the stages are at whole numbers of pounds rather than kilos. Also it would have been tricky.

• Many bug fixes done and typos corrected.

• I also decided to add a hard upper limit to the PC’s weight, mainly to prevent a potential game-breaking problem, but also having to deal with the PC becoming immobile.

19 Likes

No, and there won’t be - adding a new stage massively increases the amount of art needed, and I haven’t even started on that yet.

It depends. I’ve tried it with a 1.0 save and it mostly limps along. Most problems come from the new clothing system: your old save won’t have any so you’ll auto-purchase a full set of them on the first morning, and may run out of cash which causes problems elsewhere. If you have a chunk of money (or give yourself some if you are running with debug on) it may work. However if you start getting exceptions you may have to start again.

It also depends on exactly where you saved. If it was at a food menu it will may well be properly stuck or just look very odd.

A new game may be the answer.

1 Like

Started fresh save, super minor likely bugs in 0.12

day 1 I assume death by chocolate shouldn’t be available as a choice after eating all day? also lacy says the player doesn’t know when to stop, but calls the player Sam instead of the input variable name.

day 2 the being too full menu limitations kick in properly. also day 2 the lacy gets the players name right.

2 Likes

Hell yeah. Cant wait to try it.

2 Likes

That’s to be expected. The PC hasn’t had anything to eat at all by the time she first arrives at Joe’s so more options are available. The new system keeps better track of things, and I’ve tweaked some sizes too. If on later days you skip lunch and have a smaller main you can enjoy a larger dessert.

My bad! That’s the name I use when testing, so I sometimes accidentally type it instead of the variable substitution. A quick find/grep means they should all be gone in the patch I’ve just uploaded. Just re-download from the v0.12 link in the OP please.

Let me know how you get on!

3 Likes

As someone who especially appreciates the effect of weight gain on one’s wardrobe this will be extremely anticipated :eyes:

8 Likes

that makes two of us.

4 Likes

Was a pretty good time. Got to 800lbs on the prior build and roughly about 500lbs on this one. I like the changes to food in terms of it being too much for your character to handle at the time and slowly being able to eat more as time goes on and general comments about clothing in the morning.

Cant wait to see where Sofia’s story goes once you can actually live with her

Also are you able to eat thirds at any point?

Great game so far. Cant wait to see how it expands.

6 Likes

Understandable, but still a little sad.

*sniff

Very excited to see the new version out. Now to give 'er a go.

2 Likes

It’s still an amazing game and I cannot wait for updates.

Though if I had to suggest something, it would be a bit more interactivity in scenes.
For example, when helping Sophia you only have two choices spaced apart with two really long scenes. Some more options here would be nice, like being able to sneak food, give either yourself or Sophia extra food at meal time, picking how much you will eat at the day’s end, etc.

In general for a lot of scenes I’d wish you had more options to choose, even if they only made minor differences. Though it unlocking or locking certain events would be even better.

5 Likes

I’ve a prototype working, and I think it should satisfy, though it needs a lot of testing. Before anyone gets carried away you won’t be getting a choice of outfits - that would make any potential art explode in terms of the number of images needed.

That’s good to know: I think there’s something to be said for knowing what you can’t have yet, an anticipation. Also it means you can plan to save room for dessert. Ren’Py doesn’t allow you to have unselectable menu choices by default (the only option is to hide them) which is why they never appeared in the early versions. I had to customise the way the menu work to do this.

I have plans for the Sofia path (and the Steve path), but I’ll be doing more to the base stuff before I get to those relatively end-game parts.

No, I’ve something else in mind …

Let’s just say it skirts with immobility if you grind that far.

Thank you!

This one is actually deliberate, and intended to emphasise just how hectic Sofia’s long work day normally is. And to contrast with ideas for things later on. I also ran out of time with that event, much of the work went into making it work at all. I do want to revisit it in the future.

My feeling is that it just needs more events overall, then it makes sense to have more things to unlock. It’s pretty bare-bones at the moment. The game is already tracking some choices that don’t make any difference to play ready for future use. But, the overall philosophy is to make a little state do a lot of work, keep the game simple, but the play complex enough to be interesting.

I put options in only where they make what happens next different. I feel add choices that only have minor effects would slow down an already rather grindy game further - both in terms of play and development.

9 Likes

ooooo cant wait

Sounds good. Cant wait to see where it goes in future updates

1 Like

Just wondering whats the weight where new dialogue stops?

1 Like

one outfit is all you need right?
There’s plenty of parts to it already.
it has a bit of almost everything.

1 Like

I just finished a playthrough of this — excellent stuff! I love what you’ve done, and can’t wait to see more.

I was curious about the Steve arc, as I dumped him pretty quickly when he got on my character’s case about her weight. As a previous commenter suggested, I’d love to see one of those encounters at the bar lead to him coming clean about being an FA, and potentially even getting back together.

2 Likes

that’ll be nice. To be honest he just a regular concerned person.
Also every time I try to picture Steve. I see realistic Ken doll

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
My name irl is Steve, and the initial description of him is a dead ringer for me too, so… I kind of had higher hopes for him.

4 Likes

Loving the additions, just can’t stop going for those greedy choices! Very curious to see what you have in mind for thirds as well :smiley:

Money earning could maybe be tweaked a little. Helping Sofia weekends will earn you a ton and is pretty much a must for me now with costs for clothes. Though I do of course go the direction of helping Sofia with the restaurant, some alternative source of money might be appreciated… I did actually run out of money on my last playthrough since I delayed getting closer with Sofia a bit, and since I really go out of my way to find ways to eat as much as possible = spend a ton. (yeah, you can eat for free at Italian place, so not a huge deal, but still)

4 Likes

There are still twelve ‘graphical’ sizes (0…11) with the final one starting at 700lbs. Most of the text is tied to these. However the hard limit event triggers at 880+.

Thank you!

I couldn’t possibly comment.

It’s going to be a bit more complicated than that, but that’s the gist of it.
I was originally planning a third romanceable character to pick up when Steve rejected you, but learning more about Steve seemed a better option (and less work).

You’ll need a save from when Steve was getting on your case and you broke up to explorer this in the next version. Or one with debug enabled.

I’ll let you wait for the update to see what happens.

Do I need an “all characters ficitional” disclaimer?

Thanks, that’s good to hear.

If money is a constraint, then it’s working as intended, though it may still need tweaking a little. It’s obviously tempting to eat everything you can, but there’s a balance between your greed, weight, and building relationships with your romantic interests. Getting too heavy before you’ve pretty much maxed out romance will soft-lock you out of the final stages.

3 Likes

I like steve’s attitude.
I hope he isnt an FA, but really likes it when you’re naughty.
Be it your diet or other commitments.

1 Like