Unfulfilling Isekai Simulator (formerly known as NPC Sim 2)

I mean, the game is called “Unfulfilling Isekai Simulator.” What kind of Isekai doesn’t break the fourth wall whenever it can?

5 Likes

I’m gonna be honest, I have no idea what an “Isekai” is.

Isekai is the term for a game, manga or anime where the main character dies and is transported to another world, usually one with magic and stuff

5 Likes

One thing I always found a little funny, if a wee bit off topic: Sword Art Online is credited with codifying a lot of the tropes that define an Isekai, even though it is itself NOT an Isekai.

And if you’ve ever seen the meme “Truck-kun claims another,” that’s another Isekai reference. Someone being hit by a truck or a car is the most common way these things seem to start.

1 Like

Day 3 is fixed, kinda. Still-captured party members still show up around you when you talk to Johnny, which still leads to two Lexi’s showing up. But progress is progress!

On another note, two things when I was doing an Alyna/Lexi playthrough. First, kind of disappointed that your weight only goes up after Lexi’s second scene in the town, despite the game describing you as already having a good bit of chub before that. Maybe weight level 2 at some point on the field or after Lexi’s diner scene, then level 3 when she invites you to her home? Second, Alyna’s home scene has her mention you giving her the rare ration, when I actually gave that to Lexi instead.

Absolutely fantastic game. I found myself liking every character, even Jackrabbit despite not really being a fan of male wg. He just seems like a good buddy to have. Rae calling you ‘Scruggles’ is a pretty wild callback too that I loved. After feeding Droghai and finishing the two events with your foragers, is there anything else? I got a vial of acid but have no real use for it. Couldn’t help but wonder if Rae talking about the glass is actually real, or her messing with the player again.

You techinally give a rare ration to your second foraging partner, although it is more like they take it out of the hay pile before getting back to town. Unless there is a diffence between the scenes if you give her the first or the second rare ration and the game is refering to the first scene instead of the second.

So I’m in the village, I’ve interacted a lot with my two fave girls and the demon and theyre all capped out, angry chick and “freed” chick, but I’m wondering now - am I out of content or just dumb? I cannot figure out the Rae riddle, if it IS solvable, Lexi is too feral and shiny-hunting to do anything, and everybody at the Inn seems trapped lol.

In my experience, you can only progress in the town with the two people you gave the rare ration to, so I imagine you’re just out of content.

Gotta say, this approach to a WG game is really fun. I love having a party of different personalities whose bodies are all in your hands, all while you play an “innocent” service role.

I played through all the characters to see what they were like, and these are my overall impressions:

1. Lexi is best girl. I can give or take goblins, but her personality is fun, and I love both mutual gaining and girls in suits, so she’s won me over.
  2. Jackrabbit’s a really fun guy, but I’m a bit disappointed that all his “biggest” scenes during the quest have Maela taking over for him, especially since he’s the only male character. I did like him taking more initiative in the town scenes, and doing some stuff(ing) for himself, and I’d love to see more of that in the future.
  3. Rae is… intense, She reminds me of me when I’m playing AI Dungeon - minimal effort, trying to make the AI do all the work. :stuck_out_tongue: Not quite for me, but I enjoyed learning what makes her tick.
  4. I mostly checked out Sarahy because her silence and apparent lack of personality made me hope that she’d open up more as a forager. I was very happy to see that she does, and to learn more about her in general. So that was a fun route for me.
  5. IDK what Droghai’s deal is, but she wants to eat and she’s offering me forbidden power, so whatever she’s up to I’m on board with it.

(No special comments on Alyna or Amara. They’re fine characters, but don’t do it for me.)

Pretty great game, can’t wait for the next chapter. I love how you incorporated multiple characters and allow the player to stuff them with food as fast or as slow as they desire to cover as many WG niches as you can. Choosing two of your favorite characters as forgers to focus on while still being allowed to stuff the rest of the party to make them gain weight is brilliant. It’s a well thought out game mechanic and will help the game appeal to a board audience, so many kudos for this. My only real gripe is I feel like the pacing of the game is a bit weird and could be slowed down a bit.
My thoughts on the characters so far.

Alyna and Amara are my favorites. I love how sweet they both are, although Alyna obviously takes more time to show you her soft side, but I love the tough girl who has a soft side trope. Amara is just cute and sweet and her interest in Greek mythology is adorable

Rae is something else, whew. Pure gluttony embodied plus constant 4th wall breaking dialog, messing with the player sending them on pointless/fake fetch quest, pretty fun character overall and her attitude towards gaining is intense, I want to see a scene where she is actually stuffed to her physical limit/immobility and how she reacts I like how you threw in “Scruggles” as a cameo, and I think that maybe you should have one or two of her “fake” fetch quest actually turn out to be legit just to screw with the player a little bit, it would be funny

I like Sarahy’s body type/descriptions the most, but her personality is a bit bland (obviously this is somewhat intentional) but I feel like her scenes aren’t the most fleshed out and neither is the Inn that she runs, that said would like to see more attention given to her and more of her in general :wink:

Lexi is cute but I’m not a huge fan of mutual gaining, if I could do her route without mutual gaining I would but honestly it’s not a big deal because this game offers so many characters to choose from so all the bases are covered.

Same goes for Jackrabbit, not a fan of MWG but he is a solid character overall and the banter between party members is pretty great

Also glad to hear you have more plans for the demoness prisoner.

Just played through this! Thank you for throwing the gays a bone and giving us a guy to fatten up lmao Jackrabbit is really cute! I can’t wait to see where this goes~

Sorry for going dark a few days. Life got the best of me. Here to go ahead and put what I hope to be a final bug patch. I have updated the links in the OP. For those who don’t wanna redownload the whole thing (I don’t blame ya, the bugs fixed were not game breaking, but were mistakes I hope are finally fixed), here is a data folder. No real change in content, just a couple bug fixes and a small tweak to a previous fix.data.zip (753.8 KB)

Now, onto responses.

Sent ya a message.

There were a couple niches that to my knowledge do not have as much representation on this forum. Male gain is one of them, and I expressed earlier that I still somewhat regret not making a second male character for this chapter. But male gain is not my thing and while I wanted to include a male gainer, I was unsure of my ability to write for one. So in the end, I decided to stick with one.
The other niche that doesn’t get alot of attention to my knowledge is mutual gain. We saw a chance with one of the characters, and we took it. Honestly, I am glad that both of those risks panned out and seem to be well liked.
I wanted to make a game that would have at least something that would appeal to as many people as possible. So I tried to make decisions about the gameplay to further that goal. I still think I could have done better with some of the decisions I made and refining certain aspects, but ya don’t learn without first experimenting.

Now if only I could find a way to do stuffing with a slower weight gain without making the rest of the mechanics go wonky…

I did warn yall I got no idea how to write stories.

2 Likes

Ok, here are my thoughts. The story is simple but also pretty good, i love all the characters and their banter and interactions, amd i love the fact that you included male weight gain and mutual gaining as options (Jackrabbit best boi and Lexi best gurl), so this game is excellent and i recommend it to pretty much anyone that loves WG games.

My question is the same as some other folk, after you have the events with your two foragers in the village, is there more content to have or we’ll have to wait for an update?

That’s all for my part, an excellent job and keep being awesome!

1 Like

This is fucking fantastic, can’t wait to see more

I do love how people came and speak about their fav character, is truly remarkable how in a such a quick demo you managed to stuff enough content to cater to so many people.

And yet, while I won’t speak about who the best companions may be, and why they are Rae and Alyna, people are forgetting who the BEST character in the game is… Chikin.

I love the different interactions with the companions, and how it builds from previous encounters, like growing fearful or Lexi, respecting Rae, or growing mad at Sarahy for not commenting on him… I would love to see how their relationship with the companions grows.

What I meant to say is, feeding the companions is really cool and at, but the small details while interacting with the world is what truly made this game for me.
Anyone can feed, but not everyone can make you want to explore with a companion sharing their view of the world. That’s what made me repeat the game, even more than just the endgame (for now) scenes.

Can’t wait for the next update!

Really enjoyed so far. Was a bit confused before I realized I was at the end. So far, huge attachment to the cleric and monk, but I’ll try to go back and do some of the others too. Also, did NOT expect a deeper level of characters and worldbuilding than the previous game.

4 Likes

There are some more minor things to do in town. But that is most of the content for the time being. For anything else, you will have to wait for the next chapter unfortunately.

Would probably be easier if I would start. But if I ever can, I will try and stay that way for you.

Finally getting some love for my self insert I see.

We’re glad the small details are appreciated. It can be kind of a scary thing when you decide to include some small detail. ‘Will people even notice, or am I just wasting my time?’ It can catch nerves at times. But one thing you can always count on is that at least someone will notice.
We had set out to make a game that would make the player want to explore and learn more. We wanted to make a game that was as re playable as possible without devolving into procedural generation. Since writing a story worth repeating was beyond my abilities, we wanted to make a world and characters worth exploring. Interactions between other characters and interactions with the player help make the characters feel like more than just a character.
But the interactions between a character and the world around them are just as important if you want the world (and the character too) to feel lived in and real. Can ya tell I play too much D&D. All that to wrap right back around to what I mentioned earlier with worrying whether the small details would get overlooked and the slight nerves of wondering if anyone would notice. I am glad the details I included were appreciated.

Yeah, might could have done a better job of explaining in game that the first chapter was largely finished when you got back to town…

Well, considering there was almost none in the first game. It’s kind of a low bar to beat.

2 Likes

I mean, the first at least had some interesting ending with the whole being a demon or something the whole time thing. As far as the ending goes, I know it mentions like “until the next chapter” or something, but obviously there’s no like final end marker, even looking at the credits doesn’t end the game. And of course, that ending warning comes before you can do your character specific scenes at the end.

Okay so came back after playing the game over and over for probably a few hours at a minimum, looking for secrets, trying out endings, and even cheating to get max rations just to spam them to everyone every day to see if it does anything (well almost everyone). My thoughts: I loved this honestly. I do kind of wish there was more of an ending but I feel greedy asking because the jump in satisfying relationships and story is huge compared to your previous game. It took me a while to realize that picking my two foragers is how I ultimately pick my “endings”. It seems like there isn’t really a downside to just feeding almost everyone max, outside of the difficult you can have trying to move when there’s 5 or 6 sprites that keep blocking you on the map. I find myself incredibly curious if there is a way to feed the demoness. The story set up so far with The pales and gods and Sarahy seems really interesting. Also, this is dumb but I liked some of these characters so much (as well as perhaps had some criticisms of some) enough that I slapped together a tier list.

Realistically this is just a joke. I actually like many of the characters almost the same but for the sake of tier list I separated them. I genuinely love Sarahy, she feels the most interesting, she actively tries to be kind to you and seems interested in you, as well as one of the first to be interested in absolute hedonism and degeneracy. Also, I have a weakspot for pale girls and thighs so you checked my boxes on that one. Props to the artist, all of the characters look amazing though she’s one of my favorites. The other of course being Amara. I have a huge weakness for priest and paladin characters, I like wide hips, and she’s honestly just such a sweetheart. The moments of “am I a sinner” as well as her being merciless to enemies also makes a fun contrast. Plus, fluffy hair, pale girl, and what feels like the most “oops i got stuck” or “am i really that big” moments is very :drooling_face:. Alyna surprised me. I went into the game thinking “sigh, tsundere fighter. Yay.” I’m not a huge fan of the hyper violent tsundere trope, and at times her threats, “muscular” body style, and occasional vore allusions got grating, but I found myself really loving her, especially towards the end. Is it because I love both Giant boobs and girls that act tough showing their softer side? Yes it is lol. Rae was interesting but she’s a bit of a mixed bag for me. She kind of feels like a “see? this is what you wanted?” type of character. While I like her design a lot, and I love belly focused girls, and I appreciated her attitude most of the time, sometimes her fourth wall breaking and absolute hedonism got a bit frustrating, I like how the game is generally set up with the narration and back and forth dialogue. She can be funny though. Lastly is Lexi, Honestly, I really wanted to put her higher. I love goblin girls, she’s cute as a button, she’s a mage that dresses like a magician, and her weight goes to her ass, I love a fat ass! even if we didn’t get to see it :cry:. My only problem with her is a simple one, I’m purely a feeder not a feedee, so sometimes its hard for me to like the obligatory “mutual feederism” character. She along with Rae I occasionally skipped through scenes because parts I didn’t enjoy. I left Jackrabbit off the list because honestly, I’m a straight guy and I found him as a fun comic relief, so I really didn’t feel like doing anything with him.

Anyways, sorry if this is too much rambling. Just wanted to say good luck going forward, and holy crap I enjoyed this game.

6 Likes