Untitled Farming Game

when the player gifts frank frank always says “welp bye” as if he knows your trying to fatten him up

2 Likes

That’s understandable, I have no idea how much of a burden development must be right now and I’m not trying to make that worse in any way. I just wanted to let the dev know that the interest for larger sizes is there, since you really don’t see them that often in these games (and also I really love his art style and sprite work). Obviously it would be a late-stage addition after essentials like NPCs and writing have been finished. I think SFRPG had a really good way of implementing it (not saying this game has to be more like SFRPG, there just aren’t many other good examples) where the hitboxes are the same as earlier stages but the sprites still get bigger, so there aren’t any collisions issues. There’s still some issues with sprites overlapping but by the time you actually get to that size you’ve already played through pretty much everything in the game so it’s more of an optional “how huge can I get” bonus than a core feature that the game was designed around.

True, but since most NPCs use the same sprites as the player I don’t see a reason not to at least add larger sizes as an optional bonus (if the dev even decided to make them, anyway).

2 Likes

Roberta changes sprite as well? Rebecca seemed to blow up as soon as I started selling sweetroots en masse but no so much Roberta for me. I took it along with her surly attitude that she was resistant to change. Eager to see if that’s not the case. edit: in hindsight it should have been obvious to try meatroot with Roberta. >w<

Speaking of NPCs I’d like to see a few lines added to Allison along with the rest. She also blows up quickly when you start dropping serious amounts of cash on her, so I’m curious as to where she’s spending her vendor’s commission *side glance towards the nearby diner* :3

1 Like

Yup, that’s their highest weight.

Not yet, but next update he can!

After you unlock the caramel claw selling anything to Noah contributes to his weight.

I have been keeping larger sizes for the player in mind for the future and trying to keep stuff placed so you could still walk around everything at larger sizes. I don’t think I’d ever go as far as SFRPG, mostly because the steps up in weight in that game are much bigger, so it would take a lot more work to get there. Plus, a lot of the stuff I have in the world right now depends on whether or not the actual collision box is “in front” of it to determine whether or not it should be drawn over the player to simulate going behind things, so if I did go that route there would be a lot of random objects popping up over the player as you walked around.

3 Likes

i’m really curious how it’ll be made for th’PC later on. will it go t’immobility or close t’it? And if so, will there be solution for speed or movement?

Also heard lots 'bout SFRPG, dunno what it is sadly so cannot see much 'bout reference…

Nah, no immobility, and only the slight speed decreases that are already in the game. Don’t want to make it annoying to play/punish the player for gaining weight.

(also this is SFRPG)

4 Likes

Mostly a visual update, added a bit more flair to the interiors.

Link to Download

• interact key now picks crops instead of E
  • wardrobe no longer resets appearance when opening after continuing a saved game
  • changed seed descriptions to reference the grow time of their crop
  • fixed collision on the second floor of the mansion
  • significantly spruced all interiors, excluding the player’s house and the mansion
  • added some dialogue to various characters

Also there’s a discord now!

12 Likes

I have played some more and here is what I found

• in Franks tutorial he said that plant is bound to P (planting) and inventory to I (getting seeds) even if it is bound to something else. interact is correctly labeled

• Franks head looks a bit strange when he is fat (his neck is slim)

• if you have 0 of something you can’t “sell” 0 to exits the sell state

• if you have a thing selected in the inventory/gift menu (holding it) and then sell/plant all of them you still hold the item sort of. if you click the gift slot the counter by the cursor goes to negative numbers. you don’t give something and placing the negative stack doesn’t take space (the glitch doesn’t really do anything harmful or game breaking)

• Beatrice’s fattest message when choosing the no option doesn’t make sense anymore

• having the NPCs text be picked at random for the small talk can be a bit annoying if you want to read all the text.

• the clock goes 24:(minutes) it’s usually 00:(minutes)

• Noah (and maybe other NPCs, I might be thinking of an older version) can walk in front of doors so if you want to talk with them you enter the door instead

• if you go to your table to eat and don’t put anything in the “gift” slot it counts as eating something

keep up the good work

Franks message when getting a bad gift is really cute

1 Like

So, what will fishing look like? I’m looking forward to something for passing the time while your crops grow.

1 Like

Right now I don’t even have plans on putting an actual fishing minigame into the game, just trading with Carl for fish. That’s definitely an after version one thing.

2 Likes

Couple other miscellaneous questions: Are the unused plots on the SE part of the map gonna be usable, and does it mean anything when the crops sparkle?

I think the sparkle is just there to make it clear it can be picked up

1 Like

Speaking of fishing, we definately could use some other activity to keep us busy while waiting for some of the late-tier crops to grow. I usually tab out to my internet browser until it’s late enough in-game to sleep.

No, to keep things simple the only place that’s going to be available to farm is your actual farm.

I hear ya, I’m hoping fetch quests/talking to people should help alleviate that a little bit. Might have to get an actual writer on this at some point for stuff like that.

6 Likes

A treadmill! a hamsterwheel!

i got a idea how about ingame there will be a gym to fasten the weight loss but since that sounds like a way to literally fasten the loss theres a card that cost cash and expires remember this is just a suggestion

1 Like

I have been enjoying the game. Just have to figure out how to save.

use esc key and use the S key till you get to the option “save” if its highlighted press E now
then it saves

1 Like

Thank you very much for this.

I ran into a bit of a visual bug when going through the newest update. I had saved my game when it was dark outside, and the next time I loaded my game, my character was completely black. The outline was still there, but none of the options were. Going into the house and customizing my appearance did not fix the problem, but once I started a new game, everything was back to normal.