Untitled Farming Game

Yup, that’s the plan. It’s just taking a bit making all the sprites/dialogue/quest lines.

Alrighty, a bit more backend stuff, a couple new faces, and a much requested quality of life improvement. And just to alleviate any potential dissapointment, all shops currently only have one background. I’ve made gain quite a bit slower, but with the bed it should still be faster than before.

-Added an interior to the main house
-Moved the wardrobe inside the main house
-Added a bed that can be used to skip the night
-Added Rebecca and Roberta to the diner
-Sally is now Sal
-Added expression capabilities to NPC portraits
-Added ability to trigger things based on buying/selling in shops
-Collision boxes now grow with sprites
-Added an invisible “calories” stat that determines weight during transitions so you don’t get stuck in growing collision boxes (hopefully)
-Added a few new foods

Link to Download

EDIT: Did a quick fix to getting stuck when moving between areas.
DOUBLE EDIT: Fixed the instant gain from my other fix.

6 Likes

I’m not sure if this is the same bug, but after a few (3?) weight levels, you still get stuck when moving from the farm area to the town (I think?) area, unable to move anywhere but back to the farm.

is there a button to eat something in the inventory or is that still not implemented?

Yeah, I figured I would miss one or two of the transitions. I’ll fix that one up, thanks!

Nope, I don’t think I’ll be implementing anything like that either since I want to encourage interaction with things other than the seed shop.

How do you eat food then?

Right now the only way is by giving Sal a burger.

So the shakes are just for testing then?

Edit: Just had the bug where i get stuck entering the main square screen from the farm after growing a certain size. But i grew coming out of the shop and then went to the farm

So I immediately gain a lot of weight when I go into the house, and I can’t move when I go to the town section.

There’s a bug in my end where you suddenly gain weight if you enter a place at the start of the game, not exactly game breaking, but I’d like to see progression of the WG.

Edit: Thanks for fixing the bug!

Time for a non-build update!

Screenshot

I’ve just gotten the gift giving system up and running so there isn’t just a pre-determined “Give x food” option in the dialogue, however the current system still does use the dialogue system to initialize, which means I finally have to set up something I’ve been putting off for a while: the dialogue manager.

With the manager I won’t have to cowboy code in all the conditions that change around what everyone is saying, and maaaybe get around to making a few more characters once I have a system robust enough to handle them. Still a long ways to go on the roadmap, but I’m getting closer!
(I also tweaked the inventory a bit since I was messing around with it for the gifts, and now items have a max stack capacity and can be put down one by one.)

4 Likes

This may seem a bit stupid but how do you get the seeds from your inventory to the planting mode? Even after I get the seeds from the npc i cannot seed them when in planting mode.

Sorry I was unclear.seeds planting
I don’t know how to get the seeds from the first to the second.

The one you have in your Inventory is the grow crop. You should sell it and buy some seeds with the money you got from that since you can’t plant it. The seeds will be plantable and will appear in the planting inventory.

If the food (diner) system can expand, a hunger system would be nice to encourage eating and engagement to at least a minimum. It’s fine if this is a background game, just played it while watching a stream during the night. Obviously as of now actual consumption can’t begin until you’re in later game if you’re even halfway optimizing, which I feel is a component especially with the limited space of the farm and varying grades of crops.
Definitely enjoying the work put into sprites; a feline inclusion is always welcome in my book. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

Quick inquiry, what kind of hairstyles would you guys like to see available? I’ve left that aspect of customization by the wayside a bit.

this plz

(unironically though it would be nice)

well what about long hair swept back or covering a eye?