Vale City

how to change the variables of mushroom?

I’m not sure. The only way I can think would be to alter the mushroom JSON. The issue there is that inside the JSON it references an external variable I don’t have access to. I may dig around later and see if I find something. I’ll be sure to post if I find anything!

thank you for helping

1 Like

You’re very welcome! This forum is a great place for learning and helping out.

about that anticheat, how do I make to get rid of it ?

You can edit the json files to make the game more easy if you want to. For anyone wondering, I have never encountered any problems with the game’s anti cheat mechanic by doing anything listed here.

• Pull up the folder you have the game saved in, in my case, /Vale-City - 3.30 Windows/

• Go to the www folder, then the data folder to find the jsons you’ll want to edit.

• You might want to make a back up of the json files you edit in case you accidentally break something.

Let’s use the Item json as an example as it lists consumeables and compare two items, so open it up in notepad. Normally when you edit items, you’re going to want to Control+F to search out the names.

“name”:“Watermelon”,“note”:"<No New Game+ Carry Over>\n<Sort Priority: 18>\n<Percent Price Variable: 580>",“occasion”:3,“price”:500,“repeats”:1,“scope”:0,“speed”:0,“successRate”:100,“tpGain”:0},

name":“Coffee”,“note”:"<Percent Price Variable: 420>\n<Sort Priority: 26>",“occasion”:2,“price”:80,“repeats”:1,“scope”:0,“speed”:0,“successRate”:100,“tpGain”:0},

As you can see, the watermelon has <No New Game+ Carry Over>, which as it clearly implies, means that the item does not carry over into new game plus. However when you look at the coffee, it by default carries over to new game plus. If we remove that portion of the watermelon’s item script, we can allow it to carry over into new game plus.

“name”:“Watermelon”,“note”:"\n<Sort Priority: 18>\n<Percent Price Variable: 580>",“occasion”:3,“price”:0,“repeats”:1,“scope”:0,“speed”:0,“successRate”:100,“tpGain”:0},

As you can see, this simple change allows an item to be transferable to new game plus. By default the game will have a newgameplus+ graphic to indicate an item carries over for coffee’s instance. Items you change like this, ala the watermelon in this example won’t have that graphic via this simple change but worry not, it will still carry over to a new game.

You may have also noticed that I also changed the watermelon’s price to 0 which quite frankly also does what it implies, makes the watermelon cost 0 gold from stores.

Doing these two changes allow you to make all the consumeable foods, and other items free which eliminates money from the equation. The main change being that you can purchase infinite free pills from fetish Corp which is really great for subsequent playthroughs as being in a form allows you to ignore your fullness stat and you can just eat constantly and drink hunger increasers.

You can also edit the choco bits and chocolate trade in to lessen the grind for that side quest as well.

I’m aware that you can also edit the armors json and I tried to allow the ultimate bikinis to transfer over as well so that questline wouldn’t need to be repeated but I haven’t had much luck.

In the case of mushrooms above, I’m not sure how to make them reduce your fullness by more than 5 each time, so I just went the pill route.

I made these changes when I last played back in around May so my instructions may be a bit off. If you don’t want to chance it, you can just download my already edited item json and you can simply copy paste it in and replace the default with the changes I’ve mentioned in this comment.

Item json- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bSNf6vNwRnz5Wh76BxJ7fu2-o_XNZ9r5/view?usp=sharing

4 Likes

I think something that should have been added to the final ver of this game was that npc fighters should have had a food item drop plus the prize money from winning to help with the long term money issue and exp grind. otherwise I never see much reason to keep fighting them after I adjust the cost food

mfw i’m reminded that this game with so much fucking potential is really only enjoyable if you hack it into the shadow realm

b96bb7371339981bc3b5cbfd0bbdb22eb16ec1352a7988aa2835b7c98ee6ea96

9 Likes

hahaha Yeah this game is pretty solid overall. The Food/EXP/Money loop is poorly implemented which is really unfortunate.

@Slyghost I remember trying to mess around with that but didn’t have much luck myself which is why I did the buy free pills+hunger enhancers and spam eat food route in a weak enemy encounter since it’ll never pose a threat to you.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the help

oh well what are the hunger enhancer if you don’t mind me asking or how to stop getting over stuffing. also how to raise armor stats sorry if i’m asking for too much.

You can first get the pills from doing 7 measurements per character at fetish corp. Jess is ass pill, Amy is belly and Lillico is boobs pill. They’re purchaseable the next day iirc. You can get the hunger enhancers from a night drug dealer and stronger levels of them also at fetish corp if my memory is right.

I also forgot to mention it, but you can do the money changing in the json file like I mentione earlier on the cheatsheets so you can get the free training points for the school passive abilities. One of them is more exp multiplier on eating so that’ll be a good thing to grab.

I wouldn’t worry too much about maximizing everything your first playthrough if you used the edited item json file I shared earlier. Just play at your own pace and stuff will accumulate into new game plus and it’ll be a lot easier.

The best item to eat for exp is cupcakes but you need to have spent enough money already to be able to purchase them from the candy vender so I recommend keeping one of those items with some form of money cost so you can still unlock the cupcakes.

I agree that it’s a solid game overall. You can beat it without cheating, but the difficulty curve is pretty steep. I’d love to see some more refinement, but it looks like the dev is just going to fix bugs for a little while then call it complete.

I’ll definitely be on the lookout for suture games from them. I only hope the art is the same quality.

Quick question. Does anyone know where to find the correct password for the Pharmacy dealer in the Academy building during the day?

You only get it from him if you buy a lot of shit from him at night.

1 Like

Oh ok, thanks for the help!

1 Like

I don’t mean to ask too many questions, so I’ll just try to keep this limited to one more post.

1. Anyone know where the purple dye is for Amy’s bikini?

2. I don’t suppose there’s a guide to finding all of the cutscenes?
    Thanks for any help!

some of the cut scenes only occur in the lower level hotel rooms. If your like me and jumped to grand master hotel room as fast as possible you might have missed a cut scene. if you downgrade your hotel room you can still get the cut scene.

Pretty sure the purple dye is obtained by beating Hara in the food contest and fighting her that same night

How do I get around the fight on level 1/2 of the cave to get the box on the other side?