Voracious Riches

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

WAIT. THERE IS SECRET BOSS???
Thats something new!

Nay, sheā€™s been there the entire time! Iā€™m particularly proud of her, actually, mainly because of the music.

1 Like

I love this i hope development continues after the jam

1 Like

Never thought Iā€™d see the day Slay the spire was turned into a WG game, and a stunning one at that! Good enough to convince me to create an account after years of lurking to join the compliment train.

Kudos for an incredible game! Music is a banger too!

1 Like

Caught a bug on the next playthrough. For some reason, after using a card that removes all the weight from the allies, the game broke. Maybe because of the blueberry effect??

By the way, if in the future you want to work further on this game, then I would even be happy to buy it on steam :3

This is one of the best games in the Game Jam, for sure. I got frustrated a few times, but not enough to feel like I was being cheated, so the challenge and amount of randomness is pretty well balanced in my opinion. The memories making it so progress can actually happen instead of just praying the RNG would allow you to succeed is extremely welcome. The only bug I came across was when the Succubus somehow managed to exceed 4 fullness and started randomly changing sprites whenever it went up even more, but it didnā€™t cause any problems or anything. So yeah, great work! Best of luck in the judging!

1 Like

Was it an angel card? Or was it a consumable?

Are you playing on the Game Jam Release, or on the Updated release?

This was a really fun roguelike! Iā€™ll admit that I was doubtful about all the different mediums in the art style, but it definitely grew on me. I did have trouble with the portabellys though, itā€™s really easy to just get three turn killed when thereā€™s two of them at once if you get one unlucky draw, especially since they reduce your hand at the same time. You did a good job at communicating how all the status effects worked as well, which I appreciated a lot (very refreshing from all the rpgmaker projects where every status effect is explained all in one wall of text).
I had fun cheesing the secret boss as well, though I will say the health bars going off the screen did make it a little hard to tell how much damage I was doing for both bosses.

1 Like

Thank you very much! And yeah, most of the art styles mismatching is because I ran out of time and couldnā€™t go back to touch it up more. Definitely want to try to in the near future though!

And yeah, I wanted to try and make sure the player couldnā€™t get lost in the wrong things. Finding out the cards and passives and memories is supposed to be the fun part - trying to figure out what is killing you isnt!

Raptureā€™s damage does not seem to scale with or be affected by anything.

Beat the secret boss, was the game supposed to close after it faded to black?

Yes! And Raptureā€™s damage is only increased by Angelā€™s positive stats being increased.

1 Like

After having played all of the submissions in the Jam, I have to say this one is my personal favorite. Iā€™ve been waiting for a good WG roguelike for a while now, and this definitely scratches the itch for me. I especially enjoyed the art in the game, and the WG system itself was really intuitive and enjoyable. If I had to pick one game to win the Jam, it would be this one.

1 Like

Thank you so much~! Iā€™m glad I filled a niche people were apparently looking for!

Dude.

I canā€™t even begin to talk about how good of an idea this one is. Itā€™s rare to find a game that ticks all the right boxes AND is a fun and simple time on top of that, but everything here works. I am in love with the Passive and Memory system, itā€™s such a neat idea that makes me keep wanting to play even after I die in a run. Every single time I fail a run I am making progress toward the next one, this is a model that all rogue-like games should follow. Plus the artwork is really cute, the expansion idea is fun, itā€™s all around wonderful.

There are some random nitpicks, like how I think the Angel cards in general are worse than the Succubus and Knight cards, and how sometimes the final boss just decides to use Gluttony twice and that feels a little cheap, but as a whole this is extremely solid for TWO WEEKS of development (seriously mind-blowing). My final problem is I have no idea how to access the secret boss, Iā€™ve gotten 3 Gold so far and I just donā€™t know what else to do. Please help! I need to finish this excellent project.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this comment~!!!

You have no idea how much time I put into this game. During the entire two weeks of the game jam, I played zero games and did two art commissions. Literally all other available time was put into this. And with that, I ā€œfinishedā€ it 4 hours before the game jam was over.

Iā€™m very happy with how people have received it so far, especially with the art given that I didnā€™t even get to complete it. It is very heartwarming, and by this point Iā€™m more than satisfied with peopleā€™s reactions even if I donā€™t get a prize. Comments like this are prize enough. Once again, thank you and everyone else so much for this.

[Also, to everyone having trouble finding the secret boss, pay very close attention to all second-floor maps after beating the final boss at least once.]

2 Likes

Expandus Balancia. Played again and found it :sweat_smile:

Huh, I canā€™t seem to find anything buggy about the code of it at all. The error message you gave would imply that itā€™s an error involved with calling the ā€œDeckā€ array, but the card doesnā€™t even do that in itā€™s codeā€¦

I also canā€™t seem to get it to do anything buggy on my end, so Iā€™m unsure how to fix that, unfortunately. Thank you for trying to get me the information for it, though!