We're all gamers. (General Gaming Thread)

So why not just have a general gaming thread? Doesn’t ALL have to be about the weight… but it does help!

Recently I’ve been playing Black Desert Online. Some complain about the “body style” and how it’s “not big enough” but besides that, the game was quite fun. The trading aspect of it was interesting, and I’ll be looking forward to the full release on the 3rd. (1st for me since I bought the $50 preorder.)

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying X-COM 2 with my squad of SG-1, Neil Degrasse Tyson, and River Tam

I’m on Blade and Soul tryna get platinum rank in 1v1. My ign is Foresight if you wanna be carried in 3v3s by me ; )

I tried the character creation in Blade Desert and was very disappointed. Heavier characters have no outfits unless you want to look like a bulky polygon that clips with every small movement. Also there’s gender-locked classes which is like… wat. How can you advertise the game as a sand-box mmo and then have gender-locked classes? It seems very short-sighted to me, but whatever. A lot of people seem to love it.

Last game I was playing without any weight gain content was Starbound. Game is very disappointing compared to Terraria, even after all of the updates they put into it, but at least they’re headed in the right direction now. New mission structure and overall game flow is much nicer than its earlier releases.

More recently, was playing a game called Dino System. Its a survival game (top down) that you can get fatter in, so I figured I’d give it a shot. Its not much to look at and its a very frustrating game, but the developer at least cares about the projects and has been consistently adding new content.

I honestly try to keep the 2 things separate. Like in Skyrim I’ve never downloaded a sexual mod. They’re just separate desires for me

The last couple of full fledged games I’ve played were Fallout 4 and the Witcher 3.
But it’s been a while due to time issues.

When I take game breaks I tend to do simple drop in games. Given the time, I play an unhealthy amount of TeamFortress2 and Warframe. lol

[quote=“Atticus.Arc, post:6, topic:732”]The last couple of full fledged games I’ve played were Fallout 4 and the Witcher 3.
But it’s been a while due to time issues.

When I take game breaks I tend to do simple drop in games. Given the time, I play an unhealthy amount of TeamFortress2 and Warframe. lol[/quote]

I recently put 90 hours into my first play through of the Witcher 3. God damn i love that game. I only put like 40 hours into Fallout 4. I just stopped playing because i got to a point where 1 faction wanted me to kill another faction that i was kind of okay with them existing. I also wasn’t given an option of being like “maybe you can talk to them”. So i just stopped.

My favorite game of last year was SOMA though. No game has given the emotional response that it did

Oh, holy shit yeah, Soma was intense. My fiance Lilly was the one who played and she was flipping all over it, I watched while I worked lol.

I’m already pretty polarized on my philosophies on consciousness, euthanasia and death. So, putting people down and the idea that the coin flip doesn’t exist, I was like “yep” but I was impressed that something went that direction. Lilly is a bit less cold than I am though so the whole game was a wash of hard decisions for her. Regardless, all the feels man. lol

I saw the results of the “coin flip” coming but still those moments before the credits were soul crushing. It was expertly arranged. I’m glad we still got the bittersweet end after the credits though

Initially I thought the ending would have been stronger if they left the player like that. But after seeing the other side you felt a little less sick and I could see that the message didn’t lose any strength, so it didn’t hurt that they still give that. It was a nice balance I think.

Soma spoilersThe image of the earth burning behind the satellite acted as a great frame for the importance of the whole story

The two games I’ve really be focusing on recently are World of Warships, and Elite: Dangerous. Neither of them really have any weight-related content, though I did find a “Tum” star system in Elite. :stuck_out_tongue: My handle in Frenotx in both of them. Hit me up with a PM if you feel like playing together.

I’ve mostly been playing MGS5 and Super Smash Bros 3DS. I keep meaning to play the Witcher 3, I bought it months ago. I haven’t played much recently as I’ve been working on various projects that are in the planning stages.

Oh, in line of sharing handles and being weirdos and playing together, if anyone ever feels like mindlessly shooting people in TF2 or grinding in Warframe with me I’m Atticus.Arc in just about everything. Feel free to add me on steam or whatever.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052095361
I get plenty of spam bot friend requests though, so it’s likely I won’t notice right away. Just send a nudge, or something. lol

Just started playing a game called Stardew Valley. Never did play Harvest Moon, but apparently this is supposed to be similar (in spirit at least). Its pretty addicting for those of us that like resource gathering/farming stuff (I’m ashamed to say I sank most of today into it). Game seems to have a little bit of everything.

Growing up I played a number of harvest moon games. They combined dating sims with farming lol. Fun stuff.

I follow the star-bound developers on Twitter and they’ve been talking a lot about Stardew valley (also a chuckle-fish game?). Looks neat.

I’ve played a lot of Starbound, messing around with modding it; which was a lot easier than I thought it’d be. Right now I’m waiting for version 1.0.

I’ve also played Rune Factory 4. Couldn’t really get anywhere with the dating side of it.

[quote=“Atticus.Arc, post:16, topic:732”]Growing up I played a number of harvest moon games. They combined dating sims with farming lol. Fun stuff.

I follow the star-bound developers on Twitter and they’ve been talking a lot about Stardew valley (also a chuckle-fish game?). Looks neat.[/quote]

I’ve been playing Stardew.

Totally a good Harvest Moon-like game.

I used to play Skyrim. With a good bodyslide range and a weight gain mod it could be fun. I was just so finished by the time they came out. I hope Morrowind comes out so I can finally get some use out of those mods. My last character was pretty chubby.

That said I found it pretty distracting. So maybe its better to separate the two for main stream games.

I’m trying very hard to get some Touhou Extra clears under my belt. So far, Marisa, Mamizou, Nue, Raiko and Hecatia all kick my ass.

As is Fire Emblem Fates. I seem to like some brutal games.