WG Mud

Yeah. I’ve tried back a couple of times, but I seem to be getting unlucky. Is the downtime very high or is there maybe a compatibility issue with Chrome? (I get the “no application hosted” message, if that helps.)

Not to be rude, but I think the first thing you may want to ensure is that you have a stable host so the game to be up slightly more often. So far, all the times I’ve tried it’s been down.

As above. I’m curious, but my lurking hours don’t seem to correspond to server uptime.

I spent a little time today getting some cloud-based things ready. I don’t really want 99% uptime because the game just isn’t at that point yet. I’ve been able to find bugs by talking with players and finding out how they expect the game to respond. I would think that I’ll have a something worth 99% uptime in a few weeks.

Just have rotating uptime then! Like, one time do a test in the evening and one time do a test in the morning. That way you can get feedback from players in a different timezone.

It’s also a little tough because the game crashes a bit. There’s currently no app monitor to restart it. That will come later on.

For the moment, the game is up.

I don’t think I’m ever going to get to try this, since I live in Japan…

I noticed it was up, started making a character, went to use the bathroom, and it had crashed.

Please don’t take us bellyaching as a sign that we’re frustrated with you, Al_K! Just take it as a sign that there’s interest and we’re excited to see your game when it becomes stable enough to play.

I think I accidentally crashed it by attempting to eat all of my donuts at once. I had purchased 3000 of them and you weren’t on the server, so…

tfw you can’t eat a magic donut because you don’t know the command for it

is there an estimate of the timeframe this game is active? I haven’t gotten it to work a single time, I’m always told that there isn’t an application running. :-\

Yeah, this has NEVER been up when I’ve tried to play it, you really need to find a permanent place to post this.

^ +1

OP has said this isn’t currently possible- though they’re probably looking for a solution.

Nope, no estimate on completion. This is still in the early development stage. And for that reason, I’m unwilling to buy a domain and pay for hosting until I feel like it’s worth it. I found a semi-permanent hosted database solution and logging. Running the NodeJS in a container is the cost. Nodejitsu or others seems to be valid but everything above ‘hobby’ is pay-to-use. And this is a “hobby” project.

People hop on and off during the day, usually 9 - 6 eastern time. I try to have it up then. Other times are less regular. There’s a lot of crash bugs and no application monitoring so if there’s a problem (and there are currently many), it will simply crash and stay down.

Thanks for your interest – hope to see you online soon. I hope you’ll visit and leave some feedback about what you see and like/dislike.

I love this MUD. I love this MUD so much and I hope it gets fleshed out fully! Don’t lose hope, Al! ;D

I see what you did there.

Did what?

…OH. ‘Fleshed out’. HA! Shoulda put ‘no pun intended’! Oops! ;D

I still haven’t been able to pull it up.

It’s up usually from 9 AM to 6 PM!

What time zone?