WGF Survey 2.0

I like the option to say I’m not comfortable with heterosexuality in games.
yeah I agree get that outta here

3 Likes

Also, there are not some subjects missing? After all we talk about video games. The last time there were not options about 3D/2D or isometric games?

I find it interesting that out of the 270 participants there are zero from Africa. Hmm. I figured at least one person would be from there. Well, there are thousands of people on this site so still have a long way to go before anything can be deemed conclusive. I am also very surprised at the languages that are spoken! Obviously English is in first but it’s cool to see what other languages could be incorporated into one’s game for those who natively speak other languages!

Overall, I’m pretty happy with how this one turned out and am glad you guys are actually supporting it. I just hope others get use out of this data. I’ve been told by 1 person that it has helped him shape out his game, which was very nice to hear. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know, though. Just because a topic isn’t popular now doesn’t mean it can’t gain popularity! Sometimes the underdog coming forward in the light is what is needed to boost its receptiveness and popularity. Look at Doom, for instance. It was popular for a time, died out, then in 2016 it was revamped and BOOM! It is very popular again!

@Hyperion Thank you for your kind words!

@OnceAndFutureAlaskan Thanks! Means a lot! Also, I was trying to over-simplify it for the sake of concrete stats for the developers. Plus I worked with the pointers given to me from a few devs plus the general public to create this finalized survey. Overall, I’m satisfied with it and I will definitely benefit from the results as I am creating a game, too. :slight_smile:

This is very helpful.

1 Like

I added a link to the results in the description. Hopefully it works; the site has been telling me that the results are “not public”.

They are. I saw everyone results.

1 Like

The result is very interesting!

There is something it surprises me, the mutilation isn’t a “not topic” for most people here. But we are agreeing it’s the action to mutilate or someone already mutilated?
Because if it’s the action, like in Saw where the person cut his leg, there is absolutely nothing that reach this level of degusting, for me.

1 Like

Thanks you for the survey, if you keep the result somewhere in least we can compare it every years.

The results shall remain in the description. :slight_smile:

Hm… seems like my answers got into the survey results today.

1 Like

So the survey still works???

Apparently it still works. I could answer all the questions and I saw one of my custom messages in the results page you posted.

1 Like

I just filled it out, too.

1 Like

I came back to check in on the results and it is good to see people are still filling this out! I appreciate everyone of you who has filled this out. Every bit of information gathered helps devs like me.

4 Likes

The survey reached 500 participants! Whooo!

Thanks, guys, for filling this out. I check it out every now and again to see what has changed and what is still popular and what not. Every participant’s submission matters!

2 Likes

Somehow only saw this just now

In any case, I don’t think people should try and chase trends too much

like this game doesn’t really fit well with what I’m into, and the game maker isn’t even into weight gain, but it’s to me by far the best game I’ve found on this site, I think because he just made what he wanted

2 Likes

I don’t personally think gauging your potential audience’s interests/preferences both sexual and non sexual is chasing a trend. A lot of companies, developers, and products do this all the time. It makes sense to understand your audience’s interest and you don’t have to compromise your vision to do so. I know that @MODOK123 would use this info to help enhance his project LITWTMH rather than put unnecessary restrictions of his project design to appeal to more people.

You are correct :slight_smile:

I made this to help all developers, including me.

1 Like