Wgrpg

by being lucky with the mystery potions. I dont think there is a way to stretch it with eating more food than the maximum capacity. but if you are lucky, it can get really big… once i was beyond 10lbs

1 Like

This is Cryptic on a different account. I suppose you have no way of knowing if that’s true or not, so you’ll just have to trust me for now.

I unfortunately did not create an up-to-date MySQL dump of my game’s database, so the one on my github repository is the latest. I had to reinstall WAMP, and I did not create a new dump or even backup my database, so all of that database stuff is lost.

I do, however have the latest files locally, so if I did any coding work prior to the latest release of the repository, at least that is preserved.

The last thing I got working was the party system, and if you enter a floor after the beginning tutorial event, the tutorial fairy gets thrown into your party and will randomly feed enemies or allies. There’s no UI for adding/removing party members though, that was what I was gonna do next before I ran into IRL roadblocks.

If you want to release a working version of the game, feel free. Ideally I’d want it hosted somewhere too so people who don’t know how to setup a local webserver can play too. Someone else would have to do it though; I can’t be arsed to spend any of my money on hosting a hobby project which is why the game is offline in the first place.

7 Likes

Thanks alot, I’ll try it out later.

Hi, I’ve also been trying to play the game locally and am new to php and have hit a bit of a snag. Whenever I select an option that prompts an action, this error appears: Array to string conversion in C:\xampp\htdocs\game\DialogConditionFactory.php on line 183

Undefined property: RPGCharacter::$Array in C:\xampp\htdocs\game\DialogConditionFactory.php on line 183

Uncaught Error: Function name must be a string in C:\xampp\htdocs\game\DialogConditionFactory.php:183 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\game\command.php(40): DialogConditionFactory::evaluateAction(‘giveItem~11’) #1 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\game\DialogConditionFactory.php on line 183

I’m not sure how an array is passed in because the the line in question only calls upon elements from the exploded strAction.

Heres the line in question: $_SESSION[$strSession]->$function[0]($function[1], (isset($function[2]) ? $function[2] : null), (isset($function[3]) ? $function[3] : null), (isset($function[4]) ? $function[4] : null), (isset($function[5]) ? $function[5] : null));

If you have any insight into how I can fix this I would greatly appreciate it.

I believe this is because I coded the game in an earlier version of php. Some things have changed in the latest version (for example, you can’t have class constructors with the same name as the class which ALL of my classes use, what a pain!) and I imagine this is a side effect of that.

Set $function1 = $function[0]; beforehand and then try $_SESSION[$strSession]->$function1( … on line 183. Something like that will likely fix it.

It seems that you’re pretty close to getting the game up and running too, so well done!

Thanks so much that did the trick! I have it running mostly well with the limited database, just with a bunch cut out.

Interesting. I essentially came to the same conclusion about why the issue existed (You’d think PHP would keep old syntax working for legacy sites, but w/e); however, I had a different solution. I just put brackets around the first function[0], so it became:

$_SESSION[$strSession]->{$function[0]}($function[1], (isset($function[2]) ? $function[2] : null), (isset($function[3]) ? $function[3] : null), (isset($function[4]) ? $function[4] : null), (isset($function[5]) ? $function[5] : null));

Note that I probably know just as much PHP as the other guy (though I do have experience in other languages), but that solution seemed to work as well.

Can someone please ping me once there is a working solution for dummies :smiley: or at least some tutorial or such

4 Likes

I second this. Hopefully someone gets it up and running soon

3 Likes

has there been any further notable progress in terms of trying to get turris puesco either running locally or on an actual domain?

1 Like

I had forgotten about this, thanks for bringing it up. I remember a while ago after the game went down someone talked of a way to play offline, maybe someone here knows of what Im thinking of.

I would be really happy to see a way to play this, as well. I feel like right now, I’ve missed out on something great!

I think I’ve made some progress in terms of importing the database into some of the instructions laid bare from past users, but I have no clue what to do with it or how to actually run it at all, so I’m at a dead end of sorts.

Been really busy lately, so I haven’t done any work on this since I last spoke about it.

But I shouldn’t be keeping it to myself, now should I? I’ve gotten a few messages from the dev that any work done on this is a-okay, so I’m posting what I’ve done so far.

In the zip are two files: dbwgrpg and wgrpg. the first is a folder containing all the database files, just in case they’re needed. The other folder is the core code. If you slap that second folder into xampp, you should get it to run just fine.

To do so, place the wgrpg folder into the htdocs folder. The database should already be included with those files, so, theoretically, you should just be able to put localhost/wgrpg into your browser while xampp is running and it should start up. Wouldn’t hurt to put the dbwgrpg folder into the mysql folder as well. Also, make sure mySQL and Apatche are running in xampp.

If people need more help, I probably won’t be able to help out. I’m to busy to spend time giving dozens of people tutorials.

so far, pretty much everything that was working before is working now. The only thing that’s broken is some stuff surrounding the succubus. Also, I don’t think quests work atm. It’s been a while. You will have the fairy in your party for your troubles though. One of the last things the original dev was working on was party members.

WGRPG stuff.zip (522.3 KB)

4 Likes

If this might be too long for you to dedicate some time to, I don’t want you to worry about it but I almost instantly came across this error:

Error: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)

I was wondering if you would be so inclined as to assist once more, and hopefully no further issues arise.

sorry. Don’t know what that is off the top of my head and I don’t have time or motivation to track it down. I just kinda through those files together. Might need some more setup or something. Hopefully someone else can get you and everyone else going.

for me it just says Error: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1049] Unknown database ‘dbwgrpg’

I’m having the same problem

is there a specific username and password you have to use to play? Also sorry to bother you even though your busy but I’ve wanted to play this game ever since I came to the site like a year or 2 ago but the game was already gone by then.

1 Like

For that you have to drag the first folder in the .zip file that they provided up above into the same destination folder as the other folder

Edit: sorry, i believe you have to also import the “dbwgrpg.sql” file into a datase in phpmyadmin

Edit 2: I also managed to overcome my previous error through a fresh install of xampp, so everything seems to work fine past the login screen