Wgrpg

Cool, glad you got it working. Hope you can help everyone else out with it.

If you’re willing to help, I have a problem too, I got this error message:
Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetch() on string in (USER STUFF)\XAMPP\htdocs\wgrpg\users.php:20 Stack trace: #0 (USER STUFF)\cm105\XAMPP\htdocs\wgrpg\login.php(20): login(‘Dracky’, ‘f3e40acb2b58c38…’) #1 {main} thrown in (USER STUFF)\cm105\XAMPP\htdocs\wgrpg\users.php on line 20
Pardon the parentheses, I don’t feel comfortable sharing computer names and stuff.

Knowing that essentially what I did was the equivalent of a computer reboot, you can always try uninstalling xampp, deleting its remnant files then reinstalling xampp. Im not sure if you used the link that LurkerNo.2106 provided but thats the one i used.

Continuing from the fresh install you’d drag the two files into the htdocs folder inside of xampp. Then you will have to import the dbwgrpg.sql file into a database on phpmyadmin. This is essentially what I did verbatim, so hopefully that might provide some insight.

Thank you, I managed to login and everything, but now there’s a problem when I try to actually play as a character, I got this error and I have no clue what it means.
Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetch() on string in C:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\RPGCharacter.php:261 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\RPGCharacter.php(174): RPGCharacter->loadCheckpoints() #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\RPGCharacter.php(86): RPGCharacter->loadRPGCharacterInfo(‘187’) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\character.php(18): RPGCharacter->RPGCharacter(‘187’) #3 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\RPGCharacter.php on line 261

1 Like

Having the same issue :frowning:

Not to worry, I am also having the same issue and so I have no clue as to what to do :smiley:

1 Like

I assume everyone here probably went and downloaded the latest XAMPP, which is going to be coming with PHP 7. I’m going to assume WGRPG was implemented with PHP 5 or lower. This is going to cause some issues.

I’m running off of php 7.3.0. So that’s not it. I did have to make one or two edits to the original git files to have it run on php7, but those are included in the files I posted.

Just thought of something. Look in your SQL database. Are any of your tables populated?

Populated how? I’ll check once I get back to my room.

Edit: well, the tables have values inside of the tables if thats what you mean.

Are there any empty tables? If so, which ones?

I checked my version of it again btw. It’s still working as much as it was before.

tblcharacterclassxr, tblmodifier, tblmodifierstatchanges, tblnpcmodifierxr, and tblpost do not have values in them.

I have no clue on how to use xampp, can someone explain how I import the dbwgrpg into it?

1. Open XAMPP Control Panel
  2. Click the “Admin” button on the MySQL module section. (Apache and MySQL modules should both be on.)
  3. Click on import, and select the “dbwgrpg.sql” file from the inside of the “SQL” folder of “wgrpg”.

That really should be it.

1 Like

Confused on how to start playing it

type localhost/wgrpg into the browser

gives up trying to do this

ok now im running into the issue after I create a character where I can’t play, at least there seems to be progress.

How did you guys login? idk what to do.

how did you manage to login?