Wgrpg

I don’t have values in those tables either, so that’s not it…

hmm, yeah. Dunno.

We could always check line 261 for differences on RPGCharacter.php? That may do something as apparently thats where the error is trying to direct our attention I think.

Edit: unless, of course, you literally pulled the folders that you were working on into a .zip and uploaded that, then there wouldn’t be differences.

I think the issue is that dbwgrpg.sql is the old version of the database, and it’s missing some important tables that are referenced in the newer code (e.g. tblcharactercheckpointxr). Theoretically it should be possible to generate those missing tables from the frm and idb files in the dbwgrpg folder, but I’m not very knowledgeable about MySQL so I haven’t had any luck getting that working, and copying them into the database folder just gave me errors. I think the easiest way is for LurkerNo.2106 to upload a dump of his updated database that could be imported.

That’s exactly what I did. I just copied the files I’m running off of. Should be 0 differentces.

I thought that’s what I already did. I’ll try again.

Alright everyone, try using this one. Fresh off my SQL.
dbwgrpg.sql.zip (25.5 KB)

4 Likes

I only played a little bit, but I managed to create a character and start moving around the map without any errors, so I think this one’s a winner. I’m sure restoring the database wasn’t easy, so thank you for taking the time to do it.

For everyone else, just create a database named dbwgrpg (drop the table first if it already exists), then import the file in that zip into it.

2 Likes

I can’t seem to get this work for myself but I’m pretty sure its cause I don’t understand the process of how to make it work

Yeah the imported database worked out nicely, we just have to create a blank database and import it into that

Instructions here.

I should note that the database isn’t 100% restored to what was available before the game went down. I’d forgotten how much was still a bit bugged.

Here’s a list of things that don’t work at the moment. Some of it could be related to the move from PHP 5 to 7, others could be related to the Database. I don’t know.

• Floor 3 is completely unavailable.
  • Quests are broken and classes are unavailable
  • Running from a battle is missing it’s text, but it still functionally works

I have a feeling this stuff is all database related. The files for quests and floor 3 are all here, but the database doesn’t have any data about any of it. Same goes for the quest stuff and classes.

Also, I added a few things myself when I was messing with it at the beginning of the year:

• Blouse
  • Skirt
  • Katana

The clothing has no descriptions for when you’re wearing them, but they should provide protection. The katana works just fine though. I wanted to make the Katana’s weapon damage dex based, but I think I’d need to dig into the code to make that happen, and I haven’t found what I need yet.

As mentioned before cryptic also started work on party members before development stopped, so you have the fairy tagging along with you at all times. Not a big deal though, she just throws cupcakes at people.

I’ll be keeping an eye on all this as it plays out. I might eventually get back into working on it again, idk. Part of me doesn’t want this engine to go to waste.

After years of waiting when this game went down, I finally can play it again. Thanks so much to the people who have done what they have to allow us to play this game. I want to give back to the community on this one, so if someone decides to start further developing this game, I’d be happy to write descriptions for weight gain, body parts, items, monsters, you name it. Hit me up whenever.

could you guys help me, thankfully I got it to work up until I try to plays as my character it says Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetch() on string in C:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\RPGCharacter.php:261 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\RPGCharacter.php(174): RPGCharacter->loadCheckpoints() #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\RPGCharacter.php(86): RPGCharacter->loadRPGCharacterInfo(‘190’) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\character.php(18): RPGCharacter->RPGCharacter(‘190’) #3 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\RPGCharacter.php on line 261

dbwgrpg.sql.zip

you want to use this database file to import into step 3 of eidde’s list.

Go to localhost/phpmyadmin in your browser, and create a database named dbwgrpg, then import the dbwgrpg.sql file into it. If you’re having trouble with this part there should be plenty of resources on Google.

@Finnrua

1 Like

I did it still dose not work

Here’s a basic implementation on Floor 3 with the files available.
dbwgrpgFloor3v0.zip (28.3 KB)
I added slimes with the slime sacrifice skill, all of the unused events (except for the quest one), and the boss with no special attacks because they all require new status effects. I have placeholders for stats because I never played the original. If anyone has any ideas feel free to chip in. If I messed something up please let me know.

1 Like

I’m in the process of asking crypic about some code and table stuff to implement different equipment and fix the quest system.

I’m thinking about writing a new story and reviving the project by kinda turning it into it’s own thing. I’m not really satisfied with reviving the old stuff and calling everything okay.

I’ll take a look at what you’ve done with floor 3 so far though.

Tried following the steps and when I get to step 4 I get an error 404 not sure what I would have done wrong. I don’t fully understand the ins and ours of XAMPP so when I got to the import I didn’t change any settings. Was wondering if you had any insight.

Got a message from Cryptic. Apparently he fixed everything and updated the database, like, a month ago on the github. I’m at work, so I can’t test it, but apparently it’s all there.

Here’s the github if people don’t have it already:

4 Likes

I tried to use the instructions you gave with the updated git repo, and it didn’t work out. I’m getting a bunch of Undefined index errors on submitting a new character:

Notice : Undefined index: intRPGCharacterID in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 93

Notice : Undefined index: strUserID in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 94

Notice : Undefined index: strRPGCharacterName in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 95

Notice : Undefined index: intHeight in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 96

Notice : Undefined index: dblWeight in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 97

Notice : Undefined index: intDigestionRate in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 98

Notice : Undefined index: intFloorID in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 99

Notice : Undefined index: intCurrentFloorID in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 100

Notice : Undefined index: intDay in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 101

Notice : Undefined index: strTime in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 102

Notice : Undefined index: intStateID in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 103

Notice : Undefined index: intTownID in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 104

Notice : Undefined index: intLocationID in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 105

Notice : Undefined index: strGender in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 106

Notice : Undefined index: strOrientation in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 107

Notice : Undefined index: strPersonality in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 108

Notice : Undefined index: blnLikesFatSelf in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 109

Notice : Undefined index: blnLikesFatOthers in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 110

Notice : Undefined index: strHairColour in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 111

Notice : Undefined index: strHairLength in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 112

Notice : Undefined index: strEyeColour in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 113

Notice : Undefined index: strEthnicity in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 114

Notice : Undefined index: intCurrentHP in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 115

Notice : Undefined index: intExperience in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 116

Notice : Undefined index: intLevel in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 117

Notice : Undefined index: intStatPoints in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 118

Notice : Undefined index: intGold in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 119

Notice : Undefined index: intCurrentHunger in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 120

Notice : Undefined index: intTicksStuffed in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 121

Notice : Undefined index: intHungerRate in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 122

Notice : Undefined index: dtmCreatedOn in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 123

Notice : Undefined index: strCreatedBy in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 124

Notice : Undefined index: dtmModifiedOn in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 125

Notice : Undefined index: strModifiedBy in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php on line 126

Notice : Undefined variable: arrCharacterBodyInfo in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacterBody.php on line 65

Warning : Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/RPGCharacter.php:118) in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wgrpgv2/createCharacter.php on line 66