Wgrpg

When I do local host it takes forever to load. So long that it has not finished in the span of 4 hours. Any suggestions on how to get the page to load somewhat quickly?

how exactly do I import the database for the game? do I copy and past it or is there something else that I need to do?

dumb question, but I assume there is no way to try and make the game non server based or at least do something that could make it run through the windows command shell as a server (I think thats a thing)?

1 Like

follow these instructions they worked for me, you will need to know how to operate XAMPP.

Heres the github link if you need it: GitHub - CrypticHistory/wgrpgv2

3 Likes

when trying to import the dbwgrpg.sql into phpmyadmin, i keep getting the error message “Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded”. i’m stumbling through all the steps so i don’t know what to do. what do i do to fix this?

hello! I know I’m extremely late, but I loved Turris Puesco when it was up and was so excited to see a workaround to continue playing it. I’ve understood all the directions so far, up until importing the database; I’ve imported it successfully but I still am encountering a 404 error when I attempt to access localhost/wprpg. Could anyone help me?

1 Like

Anyone else having issues? When the fairy gives me armor it crashes and it says its missing the clothingdesc code

1 Like

I cant get past the tutorial without crashing. Every time I attempt to put on the armor that the fairy gives me it brings back a fatal error. If i attempt the battle without the armor, i get another fatal error.

1 Like

I’m not too versed in these sort of things, but I managed to get the main site of the page to show up, and I was able to log in. However, I am unable to get anything to happen after the initial character creation. None of my characters are saved, nor does the game run. I’ve installed the wprpg folder from the Github into the htdocs, as well as imported the sql file through phpmyadmin. Still nothing runs. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

1 Like

Hi. Do you perchance know how to install said mod?

I have the same don’t know how to fix it.

I don’t remember off the top of my head, but if I recall correctly, it’s not a mod so much as an alternate version that can run on its own.

Do you perchance also know how to make it run? I have zero coding/java skills but the game intrigues me. Thank you for responding earlier.

It’s an executable .jar file, so you need to make sure you have Java installed and up to date, and make sure that you have a “Java Runtime Environment.” I don’t understand a whole lot about it, either, but if you search “how to run jar file on [my operating system],” you should get pointed in the right direction.

Thank you. That sounds simple.

I follow this instruction, but after I try create a character i see this message:

Fatal error : Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1452 Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (dbwgrpg.tblrpgcharacter, CONSTRAINT tblrpgcharacter_ibfk_1 FOREIGN KEY (strUserID) REFERENCES tbluser (strUserID) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE) in C:\Programs\htdocs\wgrpg\Database.php:20 Stack trace: #0 C:\Programs\htdocs\wgrpg\Database.php(20): PDO->query(‘INSERT INTO tbl…’) #1 C:\Programs\htdocs\wgrpg\RPGCharacter.php(251): Database->query(‘INSERT INTO tbl…’) #2 C:\Programs\htdocs\wgrpg\createCharacter.php(59): RPGCharacter->createNewCharacter(NULL, ‘test’, ‘108’, 152, ‘Female’, ‘Heterosexual’, ‘Shy’, ‘1’, ‘1’, ‘Brown’, ‘Short’, ‘Brown’, ‘White’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘0’) #3 {main} thrown in C:\Programs\htdocs\wgrpg\Database.php on line 20

Can somebody say what’s wrong?

Start over and follow these.

I remember editing some of the PHP files but I can’t remember if that was before or after the Github was updated. Right now it crashes in the tutorial for me. If I get the time and motivation I’ll look at it again.

So I attempted to follow these instructions, but then ended up with this error upon any status effect being applied:

Warning : Trying to access array offset on value of type null in D:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\DataGameUI.php on line 80

Fatal error : Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ’ intStatusEffectID = ‘7’’ at line 3 in D:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\Database.php:20 Stack trace: #0 D:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\Database.php(20): PDO->query(‘UPDATE tblchara…’) #1 D:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\RPGStatusEffect.php(122): Database->query(‘UPDATE tblchara…’) #2 D:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\RPGCharacter.php(239): RPGStatusEffect->save(‘205’) #3 D:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\DataGameUI.php(284): RPGCharacter->save() #4 D:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\DataGameUI.php(15): DataGameUI->handleTicks() #5 D:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\DisplayGameUI.php(77): DataGameUI->__construct() #6 D:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\main.php(35): DisplayGameUI->__construct() #7 {main} thrown in D:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\Database.php on line 20

Not a PHP guy myself, y’all got any ideas?
PS: does let me make characters and go through the tutorial, up till either the given armor is equipped or the ‘full’ status effect is applied in combat, whichever comes first.

In RPGStatusEffect.php line 121 change ", intStatusEffectID = " to " AND intStatusEffectID = ".

Next issue I ran into is dying and reviving either not applying weight gain or throwing an error on the boss.

1 Like

Cool, thanks, that worked