Wgrpg

Do I download the zip to be able to play the game?

follow eidde’s updated fork post a couple of replies up from yours it has instructions! hope this helps.

2 Likes

Wait is this WGRPG to Villified Java text game or something else? Cause it doesn’t seem like this has nothing to do with Java. Unless this is for a different game with the same name.
Edit: Also localhost phpmyadmin is not loading on my browser for some reason unless it doesn’t work on Firefox or is there something interrupting it?

So i followed all the steps i get to the login screen and i get Error: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1049] Unknown database ‘dbwgrpg’ i looked through the thread for solutions and nothing helped, What step am i messing up here?

Nevermind i just named the database dbwgrpg and that was the fix

How did you get to login screen/register? It feels like the read.me is missing step because I did the thing and uploaded it to demo. phpmyadmin. net because the regular localhost wasn’t working but it seems that I am stuck on what to do next.

Edit: It says SSL not being used does that have to do something with it? Is this like something that can’t be done on a laptop?

I keep running into an error after the fairy starts to fight you in the tutorial. Here’s the error I’m getting:

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to a member function loadActiveSkillList() on null in C:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\RPGEnemyTeam.php:36 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\RPGCombat.php(29): RPGEnemyTeam->loadActiveSkillList() #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\DataGameUI.php(82): RPGCombat->__construct(Object(RPGPlayerTeam), Object(RPGEnemyTeam), ‘Opponent’) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\DataGameUI.php(14): DataGameUI->handleEvents() #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\DisplayGameUI.php(77): DataGameUI->__construct() #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\main.php(35): DisplayGameUI->__construct() #5 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\wgrpg\RPGEnemyTeam.php on line 36

Any help would be appreciated.

Is there a way to download it from not Github? because i have an error when trying to do such. Or its ok?

What error are you getting?

Edit: Also localhost phpmyadmin is not loading on my browser for some reason unless it doesn’t work on Firefox or is there something interrupting it?

Make sure there’s a slash, localhost/phpmyadmin. If that still doesn’t work, add http:// to it: http://localhost/phpmyadmin.

Nevermind i just named the database dbwgrpg and that was the fix

Sorry, that’s my fault, I accidentally wrote wgrpg instead of dbwgrpg in the README. Glad you figured it out.

How did you get to login screen/register? It feels like the read.me is missing step because I did the thing and uploaded it to demo. phpmyadmin. net because the regular localhost wasn’t working but it seems that I am stuck on what to do next.
Edit: It says SSL not being used does that have to do something with it? Is this like something that can’t be done on a laptop?

I don’t know much about the phpMyAdmin demo site, but my guess is it won’t work for a number of reasons without additional changes, and even if it does, I can’t recommend it since it says it wipes data every hour. You should be able to run it on your laptop. Make sure the URL you’re using is http://localhost/phpmyadmin. If you’re still getting an error, post it and I’ll see if I can help.

I keep running into an error after the fairy starts to fight you in the tutorial. Here’s the error I’m getting:

I actually know next to nothing about PHP and mostly stumbled my way through the changes I made, but it looks like the issue is that the call to get the player object is returning null. Best guess is that something went wrong with the database import, try resetting and reimporting it.

The link still isn’t working I still get this error no matter what. Is there something wrong with the phpmyadmin server? My laptop? My firewall preventing it from going through? Cause I was able to use he demo version just fine but the regular version refuses to work.

a bit of a longshot but did you have these buttons turned on in your XAMPP control panel window?

1 Like

No I did not, I don’t understand any of this. Is this like creating a server for myself to be able to play this other WGRPG then the one the OP was talking about or a workaround? I am not sure if my laptop can handle being a server as already it’s having some trouble keeping Discord and Firefox open at the same time because I used it for so long the last two days.

I got the same problem and tried dropping the database and reimporting it yet I still got the same error. I even tried redownloading and replacing the files in the htdocs folder before reimporting it again and I still got the same error.

Well I deleting the database and reimporting it but now I run into a different issue in character creation.

Is there anyone who knows a thing about php that can fix this? I finally made progress and now I got into another roadblock

Edit: Well I fixed it by logging out and registering a new account cause the password I thought I typed in wasn’t working but the fairy tutorial still is not working when I try to prepare myself to fight her.

1 Like

I tried getting this to work but the only thing that happens is that its not finding the game, though I did follow the instructions I cant seem to get it to work, just a 404.

I’m working on a solution that will hopefully make this whole process a lot simpler/more reliable for other people. However, I too am currently having issues with regard to the database/php passing bad values. I am able to make an account and sign in, but when I select a weapon in the start screen in dies. Just as a sanity check, has anyone managed to get a totally working install? If not I’m going to work on debugging the game. However, If that can be avoided with configuration that would be much more preferable.

1 Like

need a fuggin video tutorial on this stuff fr

Is that Niwatori possibly coming in clutch again? That would be huge! \o/

1 Like

That’s as far as I’ve gotten as well. I think I see what’s causing the fairy crash, which hopefully when fixed will also prevent the dungeon crashes.

1 Like

So is the Xammp/Phpmyadmin stuff to make a server to play the game I still don’t fully understand how it works. It’s because the og server is no longer working right? That means the multiplayer aspects of it don’t work though right?

I just wish there was a simpler way to play the game, I haven’t touched it in years but I remember it being really good, that and I cant get it to run despite following the steps but im not very tech savvy sadly.

1 Like