What should I make?

So, I want to make a new text game on twine, what should I make?

comment what you want to see.

4 Likes

It might be a bit of a trite/cliché answer, but it really depends on what kinds of things you enjoy.

The whole reason I’ve managed to stick with my twine game as long as I have is because it’s a game I would’ve liked to play myself. The loop-based structure with a handful of characters with a planned degree of replayability were things I liked about other games and ended up incorporating into my own idea.

That being said, I did like the princess theming in your other project. So, maybe something involving themes like royalty, excessive wealth, maybe tyranny/mis-use of power? That kinda thing’s a hotbed for fat/gaining ideas, and I haven’t really seen much of it in twine games on here myself.

3 Likes

Probs an investigator finding clues about a feederism cult(with hints of cosmic horror and supernatural horror)

2 Likes

Seconded, I’d love to see a cosmic horror themed game

2 Likes

I’m always a sucker for more ‘realistic’ scenarios like the classic Office Gain, but echoing what QuietWillem said, something along the lines of your old game would also be alright. Twine games as a whole tend to be my favorites so whatever you think is a fun theme is a valid decision too.

2 Likes

Actually, might use this in cyoa factory.

1 Like

I’d really like a game where the MC is an ambassador to an alien planet or sent to the future or something and in this setting they are seen as super skinny for their position. I’d like to see them decide what they want to do, maybe with a mechanic where being skinny makes the locals unhappy

1 Like

No more text adventures, please. I’m not a fan of text adventures.

1 Like

I like that idea, I may make that

2 Likes

Well to bad its all I know how to make

2 Likes

Maybe one where you can choose the playable character gender, if that’s not too time consuming. Just so that people who like either male or female have something and making it inclusive.

But i also like the idea of an investigator with cosmic horror theme. But I also agree that you do a theme that you enjoy, just so that you are more likely to enjoy making it aswell.

1 Like